Everytime I end a call on my Tour I get an annoying 15 sec infomercial from Slacker pouring out of my speaker. Anyone else experience this? How do I get it to stop?
    07-28-09 01:15 PM
    that sounds crazy, if they start doing that crap I will uninstall and never look back, hope it is just a quirk on your phone
    07-28-09 01:26 PM
    that sounds crazy, if they start doing that crap I will uninstall and never look back, hope it is just a quirk on your phone
    I'm not sure that would help....isn't Verizon pushing out Slacker via service books? It would return the next time you did a batt pull
    07-28-09 04:36 PM
    it would rerurn, but not be activated. perhaps this is the incentive to pay the monthly upgrade fee.
    07-28-09 04:47 PM
    Everytime I end a call on my Tour I get an annoying 15 sec infomercial from Slacker pouring out of my speaker. Anyone else experience this? How do I get it to stop?
    I haven't heard of that... unless you had Slacker Running and your call ended, and slacker came back on (because it paused while you were using your phone) and it just happened to be at one of the "you are listening to slacker" bits, I can't see how that would happen.

If you are not running Slacker at the time you are using your phone for calls, then there'd be no way for Slacker to even do that much.

Best regards.
    07-28-09 05:12 PM
    It's still happening. Everytime I hit the hang-up button after a call it plays a 15 second ad pushing Slacker Pro from the speaker. Slacker is not running in the background. Reminds me of one of those damn pop-up ads on my PC. Maybe Slacker is providing some ADware with they're downloads. Brutal!
    Last edited by Slugbait; 07-28-09 at 09:22 PM.
    07-28-09 09:20 PM
    I won't be install that anytime soon. Happy enough with Pandora as it anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 09:40 PM
    It's still happening. Everytime I hit the hang-up button after a call it plays a 15 second ad pushing Slacker Pro from the speaker. Slacker is not running in the background. Reminds me of one of those damn pop-up ads on my PC. Maybe Slacker is providing some ADware with they're downloads. Brutal!
    If I recognize the screen name correctly, Romee is with Slacker's customer service. If he hasn't heard of it, it probably shouldn't be happening.

Have you tried going to slacker.com and using their support?

What programs are running in the background when this happens? Hold the menu key on your BlackBerry after a call ends and it should provide a scrollable list.
    07-29-09 09:37 AM
    Interesting, we haven't seen this on any of the many tour devices we have around here.

I'd suggest you contact Slacker Customer Support and provide more details, as, the program is not able to do this.

Best regards.
    07-29-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD