I just started using Opera mini a few days ago and I must say that I like it much better than std BB browser but there is 1 feature that I find annoying, when I am reading a website and want to hit my application side button to swtich to another app, opera mini won't let me. Example: I'm reading espn.com and then I recieve a sms message, I want to toggle over and read the message but can't, I have to shut down the browser. Am I just doing something wrong? Or is this just an annoyance of opera mini?
    06-03-08 05:52 PM
    Is your convenience key setup as Application Switcher? If not, ALT+Back will allow you to toggle to the home screen or whatever else is running.
    06-03-08 08:06 PM
    As mentioned, you can use Alt + Back to switch away. You can also press the red phone button to return to the home screen and start another application. Opera Mini will stay open.
    06-03-08 08:41 PM
    Nice info. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 09:42 PM
    The most annoying thing for me is that Opera asks "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low level network connection. Would you like to allow this?" every time I've closed it. All the permissions are set to allow. How do I make this darn message go away?
    06-04-08 10:53 AM
    The most annoying thing for me is that Opera asks "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low level network connection. Would you like to allow this?" every time I've closed it. All the permissions are set to allow. How do I make this darn message go away?
    It's because it's an unsigned app, and won't work on the bb any other way, sadly (from what I read). Try uploading a picture! it asks to access for EVERY F'ING PICTURE PER FOLDER!!! I have a special Opera Mini folder I move pics to if I'm going to use OM to upload or download a picture.
    06-04-08 11:14 AM
    You can turn on the firewall. Then you will answer the question once--you won't see it again after that. The only problem would be if the firewall causes any issue for some other application. For example, I have to keep the firewall turned off for the Empower Mail Viewer.
    06-04-08 11:16 AM
    I'm always using the trackball to manuever through screens. I've read my fair share of tips and tricks and missed the the alt + back tip! I love it!

.::TBA::.

06-04-08 11:41 AM
    OM has its quirks, but I do like it better than BB Browser. Some sites won't run on OM, however. Last night I tried using yellowpages.com, and all I got was a blank screen. Switched to BB and it worked fine.
    06-04-08 12:36 PM
    OM has its quirks, but I do like it better than BB Browser. Some sites won't run on OM, however. Last night I tried using yellowpages.com, and all I got was a blank screen. Switched to BB and it worked fine.
    There is a "blank page" bug that crops ups occasionally. Usually a reload will clear it up--yellowpages.com worked fine for me.
    06-04-08 06:05 PM
    You don't have to quit out of Opera Mini, you can just hit the end call button to close the screen. When you return to OM, it will open up right where you left off.

06-04-08 06:37 PM
    There is a "blank page" bug that crops ups occasionally. Usually a reload will clear it up--yellowpages.com worked fine for me.
    I've found that works in other cases, but not this time for yellowpages. Did the same thing the last time I tried it too. No worries, where one browser won't work for me, the other most likely will.
    06-05-08 11:55 AM
    My problem with OM is the cursor skips all over the place.

06-06-08 01:04 AM
    My problem with OM is the cursor skips all over the place...m
    What do you mean? The cursor should move from left to right, then down, as you scroll down. If you roll the trackball left/right, those are page up/page down. Does yours do something different?
    06-07-08 09:21 AM
    What do you mean? The cursor should move from left to right, then down, as you scroll down. If you roll the trackball left/right, those are page up/page down. Does yours do something different?
    That's in the mobile view.
    06-09-08 11:46 AM
    You don't have to quit out of Opera Mini, you can just hit the end call button to close the screen. When you return to OM, it will open up right where you left off.

that's how I roll

06-09-08 12:02 PM
    That's in the mobile view.
    True--good point. In desktop view there really is no cursor. The zoom box should follow the trackball pretty closely.
    06-09-08 12:43 PM
    I had OM on my Pearl. I just got my Curve, and I don't plan on reinstalling OM on my new device. The native BB browser seems to work just fine for me. OM is a waste of space, IMO. Just saying....
    06-09-08 12:56 PM
    How do you copy text in the Opera Mini browser? I only have the arrow cursor...
    06-11-08 04:23 PM
    How do you copy text in the Opera Mini browser? I only have the arrow cursor...
    If you are on a Web page, you don't. You can only copy text in an edit box.

06-11-08 04:35 PM
    Thanks, mate.
    Much appreciated
    06-11-08 09:58 PM
    So now whenever I use opera, none of the keys on the side of my bb work except for the mute for standby. The mute doesnt even work if I just want to mute the sound. Also, the volume controls on the side don't work nor do my right or left keys work. I frequently use the volume and or mute because I listen to music while on opera. My left key opens to the opera homepage and the right key is the application switcher. Once I close opera, all the keys work fine with any other application. I have no idea what happened because all these keys used to work just fine when I opened opera even after my 4.5 os update. I also did a few battery pulls and nothing.
    Last edited by rockigirl; 06-17-08 at 09:51 PM.
    06-17-08 09:21 PM
    I like to use both. My worj has me access our e-mail via the web. When I travel I keep one browser locked on it and surf with the other. Easier than signing in and out all the time.

--Don

~Always be prepared for the unexpected~
    pin:318fb677

06-17-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD