YouMail is pleased to announce DropBox, a new, free service that allows people to integrate VoIP and PBX voicemail with your cell phone voicemail.

The only catch is that your VoIP or PBX must support delivering voicemails by e-mail as MP3 or WAV files..

DropBox is fully compatible with the following major VoIP and PBX providers including:

eVoice
    Google Voice
    ooma
    magicJack
    Packet 8 (8x8)
    Phone.com
    RingCentral
    Vonage

YouMail also supports many other PBX and VoIP services, and is rapidly adding more.

Every YouMail customer has a DropBox at [email protected] (ie. [email protected]) where ‘myphonenumber’ is your 10 digit phone number associated with your YouMail account.

How do I start using YouMail DropBox?

If you receive voicemails delivered by email from another service provider, simply go to your current voicemail system’s configuration pages (ie. Vonage), and change the e-mail address the voicemail goes to. The new email address should be directed to your DropBox. YouMail will take care of forwarding any necessary confirmations of your new e-mail address.
    All voicemails sent to your DropBox should then appear in the YouMail inbox. Once there in YouMail, you have access to key YouMail features including access from mobile apps (BlackBerry, iPhone, Android) and website, voicemail sharing, spam filtering, and much more. You’ll even get full caller id from most services – but if you’re using a service we don’t know about, your message will be treated as having an unknown caller id.

Still listening to voicemail! READ your messages with voice-to-text transcription. Works great with DropBox!
    Learn more about how to use DropBox! Read our FAQ’s. If you have any questions or issues, just e-mail us at [email protected].
    Thanks!
    The YouMail Team
    08-25-09 12:42 PM
    Damn, beat me to the punch... just set this up with my Google Voice account and works perfect with the Youmail App. I have my YM App to check their servers every 6 minutes. Left a message on my GV and 5 minutes later got the YM message indicator. They also do the transcript for the GV Message, which is good/bad depending on the person talking but I've had good experiences so far. Now I don't have to have the GV app on my blackberry anymore (which I actually got rid of a couple weeks ago because they don't have a new message indicator that works for me personally yet).
    08-25-09 01:07 PM
    I just need to figure out how to have youmail pick up calls to google voice now?
    08-25-09 01:16 PM
    it sounds like a good idea, but I already get instant e-mails from my VOIP provider right to an e-mail I have setup on my tour.
    I can do all the management right on my voip website. All it is doing is really forwarding the initial e-mail again. Great concept, but I will probably stick with the e-mails from my VOIP provider. I can't think of any reason at all to switch.

I do use youmail with the vymail app for my mobile however.

thanks
    08-25-09 01:30 PM
    it sounds like a good idea, but I already get instant e-mails from my VOIP provider right to an e-mail I have setup on my tour.
    I can do all the management right on my voip website. All it is doing is really forwarding the initial e-mail again. Great concept, but I will probably stick with the e-mails from my VOIP provider. I can't think of any reason at all to switch.

I do use youmail with the vymail app for my mobile however.

thanks
    The reason is to have youmail as your one and only voicemail solution.
    08-25-09 01:49 PM
    sure but I can go onto my voip site, and in call historty or voicemails and rt click and manipulate them to whitelist, blacklist, busy signal, disco'd number, or heck I can even call route them to another number right from my voip screen, I could send them all to the local McDonalds or something if I wanted.
    It's a good idea like I said, just most voip providers already have it and do it better,,and I am a youmail user.
    08-25-09 02:29 PM
    Damn, beat me to the punch... just set this up with my Google Voice account and works perfect with the Youmail App. I have my YM App to check their servers every 6 minutes. Left a message on my GV and 5 minutes later got the YM message indicator. They also do the transcript for the GV Message, which is good/bad depending on the person talking but I've had good experiences so far. Now I don't have to have the GV app on my blackberry anymore (which I actually got rid of a couple weeks ago because they don't have a new message indicator that works for me personally yet).
    How do you get your voicemails if you don't use the YouMail app?
    08-27-09 12:01 AM
    I have Youmail and some of it is okay, some sucks. I don't use it much anymore.
    08-27-09 05:02 AM
    This is a great feature of YouMail.

However, my voip provide, ViaTalk sends the email from "Your Voicemail Service" instead of a phone number and it sends it to the spam directory.

I tried to make it not spam but it can't because there is no phone number associated with the address.

Anyone know of a workaround??
    08-27-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD