Hi Everyone,

Last month we launched Phoload (www.phoload.com), a new free mobile software download website. The site hosts are over 220 excellent free applications and games that have been uploaded directly by the software developers.

Almost all of the software is compatible with Blackberries. We currently only host JAD/JAR Java software, but we will be adding ALX/COD support in the near future.

The site can be automatically filtered to show only software that should be compatible with your Blackberry. There is also mobile optimized site available at www.phoload.com/m

We designed Phoload to be really clean and easy to navigate. Please check the site out, and tell us what you think.

~Tara
    10-27-08 07:30 PM
    Hi I tried the finder and the biorhythm and neither worked so I deleted them. Kind of a frustrating experience.
    10-29-08 12:58 AM
    Hey Miz.Michelle, I'm sorry those apps did not work for you. I’ll test them myself, and then revise the phone compatibility mappings if necessary.
    On the whole, the vast majority of the software that has been marked as compatible with Blackberries, does work well with them.
    10-29-08 12:46 PM
    i'll give it a look! see what cool apps are there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 12:50 PM
    looks like a pretty version of getjar.com

10-29-08 12:52 PM
    My downloads all failed...??

Pooh luvs Jamrock

~Crakd out on my berry~
    MySpace.com - ~Pooh~ - 38 - Female - Bull Shoals, Arkansas - www.myspace.com/hunnibabe01

10-30-08 12:20 PM
    Hi Hunnibabe,

Are you usually able to download and install 3rd party JAD/JAR software from other websites?

Did they fail to install? Or did they not run correctly once installed?
    10-30-08 06:13 PM
    I found the site easy to navigate, but when the site is described as free software / games, I didn't like the fact I found free trial versions. Kind of misleading.

10-30-08 08:37 PM
    The program I downloaded also did not work. Not looking very good for this site.

10-30-08 08:52 PM
    This is the first time we have posted anywhere and not got a very positive reaction! We'll have to go back and examine some of the compatibility mappings for the Blackberries.

@mafiakid Yes, I take your point, we should probably say 'free-to-download' or something else instead. There is plenty of completely free software on there, as well as the demo/trial and advert-supported software.
    10-31-08 08:17 AM
    Unfortunately not working for me either. OP, just figure out compatabilities and then get back to us. Thanks for the attempt!
    03-08-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD