We are extremely proud to announce our most revolutionary app for the BlackBerry platform: Home to Phone.

Home to Phone is the fastest and easiest way to share links between your desktop and your phone. Home to Phone intelligently handles sending phone numbers, making it the quickest way to dial numbers from your desktop. In some cases, Home to Phone will automatically convert your links to mobile versions to make them even faster and easier to load on your device.

Home to Phone consists of a BlackBerry application which efficiently listens for BlackBerry push messages, as well as various desktop applications including:

Check out the courtesy of WJD Designs.

We are also proud to announce an exclusive release in the Crackberry store, with App World coming soon. For our dedicated Crackberry customers, we are offering this exciting app at 50%, for only $2.99!

Get it now at the Crackberry Store!

Features:

• Send links instantly using BlackBerry Push messaging from your browser (Firefox currently supported, and Chrome coming soon!), or using our Windows application (Mac version coming soon!)
    • Send links from your phone to your desktop for later reading
    • Send phone numbers from your desktop for quick dialing
    • Automatically convert some links to mobile versions
    • Extremely fast and efficient with minimal battery and memory usage

09-01-10 10:38 PM
    this is an amazing app and you all are going to love it
    09-01-10 11:11 PM
    awesome app epic! well done!
    09-01-10 11:24 PM
    So if I understand this correctly this app will:

Send a web link to your phone to be opened in the phones browsers. Is it faster than me just emailing the link to my BB, which is usually instantaneous?

Do the same phone to desktop. Again is this faster than emailing?

Forward a phone number found in my desktop browser to my phone. Is it faster than me just picking up the phone and dialing?

Considering what it does it seems to be pretty amazing, I'm just not sure how useful it really is.
    Last edited by wnm; 09-02-10 at 07:06 AM.
    09-02-10 07:04 AM
    works well! Maybe get them to add the links to the extensions in the blog post. Couldnt find them, until I found this thread
    09-02-10 09:15 AM
    color me stupid (and lazy for not reading all the details)...but what's the big deal about just emailing myself the links??? seems to me that this app is a solution looking for a problem. if I'm wrong, PLEASE elucidate.
    Last edited by dave1812; 09-02-10 at 10:27 AM.
    09-02-10 09:17 AM
    color me stupid (and lazy for not reading all the details)...but what's the big deal about just emailing myself the links??? seems to me that this is app is a solution looking for a problem. if I'm wrong, PLEASE elucidate.
    That's what I'm wondering and I read the details.
    09-02-10 10:21 AM
    I adjusted the images so the thread will read a little clearer especially for those on their devices.
    09-02-10 10:23 AM
    As it develops, you'll find a plethora of possibilities...

Suppose you're surfing from your desktop and find a review of an app you'd like to give a look. Simply send the link to the app to your device and it'll automatically begin the install from app world.

You happen to be sitting at your desk reading your mail and you stumble across a phone number for somebody you decide you wish to call, or are visiting a company's support page and they have their customer service line posted, simply click on the phone number and your phone automatically dials the number.

While reading email from your desktop, and a client sends you an address for an upcoming appointment, send that address to your phone. Then your phone automatically fires up bbmaps/google maps and stores the navigation/turn-by-turn directions to be instantly available when you leave for said appointment.

While reading something online, you find some text/information you wish to send off to someone/several people you know instantly, highlight the text, send the selected text to your phone, and your phone automatically pastes it into an MMS/BBM message ready to send it off instantly.

You stumble across a website you know right away you will start visiting often from your phone, send the link to your phone instantly and bookmark it.

The possibilities are endless. It may not have all that functionality at present time, but I'm sure it can evolve into much more over time, just like Chrome to Phone or Fox to Phone.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 09-02-10 at 10:50 AM.
    09-02-10 10:43 AM
    As it develops, you'll find a plethora of possibilities...

Suppose you're surfing from your desktop and find a review of an app you'd like to give a look. Simply send the link to the app to your device and it'll automatically begin the install from app world.

You happen to be sitting at your desk reading your mail and you stumble across a phone number for somebody you decide you wish to call, or are visiting a company's support page and they have their customer service line posted, simply click on the phone number and your phone automatically dials the number.

While reading email from your desktop, and a client sends you an address for an upcoming appointment, send that address to your phone. Then your phone automatically fires up bbmaps/google maps and stores the navigation/turn-by-turn directions to be instantly available when you leave for said appointment.

While reading something online, you find some text/information you wish to send off to someone/several people you know instantly, highlight the text, send the selected text to your phone, and your phone automatically pastes it into an MMS/BBM message ready to send it off instantly.

You stumble across a website you know right away you will start visiting often from your phone, send the link to your phone instantly and bookmark it.

The possibilities are endless. It may not have all that functionality at present time, but I'm sure it can evolve into much more over time, just like Chrome to Phone or Fox to Phone.
    ah, isn't your post simply a wish list of features, rather than an expanded description of what the app does today?
    09-02-10 11:19 AM
    Sounds interesting. I will give it a try, but I am interested in the response to the question..how is this better/easier than just using email?
    09-02-10 11:36 AM
    Sounds interesting. I will give it a try, but I am interested in the response to the question..how is this better/easier than just using email?
    it just simply cuts out a few steps. on a web page hit the button and website loads on your phone. Instead of copy & pasting the addy into an email, then going into that email on your phone and clicking the link.
    09-02-10 12:07 PM
    ah, isn't your post simply a wish list of features, rather than an expanded description of what the app does today?
    There's no reason to believe that the app won't evolve. And establishing a userbase to support the app would help promote the evolution. Nuttin wrong with that.
    09-02-10 12:48 PM
    it just simply cuts out a few steps. on a web page hit the button and website loads on your phone. Instead of copy & pasting the addy into an email, then going into that email on your phone and clicking the link.
    HUH?? I don't copy and paste links into emails--I just right click on the page and select "send link". then i type the first letter of the recipient's (in this case, me) email addy, choose the correct addy, and hit "send". the whole process takes less than 7 seconds.
    09-02-10 12:57 PM
    HUH?? I don't copy and paste links into emails--I just right click on the page and select "send link". then i type the first letter of the recipient's (in this case, me) email addy, choose the correct addy, and hit "send". the whole process takes less than 7 seconds.
    and with this app it takes 1.5
    Last edited by Roscopcoletrain; 09-02-10 at 01:29 PM.
    09-02-10 01:27 PM
    and with this app it takes 1.5
    I was waiting for that. I'm retired--I can wait the extra 5.5 seconds every once in a while when I need to perform such " vitally important" tasks. Besides, when my fingers are especially nimble, I can cut the 7 seconds down to five, thus taking a mere 3.5 seconds longer than the app.
    09-02-10 01:49 PM
    even if you do send links via email to phone. still have to open email folder, open message, get link. with this just send to your phone and browser automatically opens to that site.

and the same goes for sending things to pc. gotta send the link to pc, open browser, go to email, log in, open email, click link. with this app you just have to open desktop app and click get link or open firefox, right click, get link or open google chrome, click extension button, get link.

find an app while browsing app world on line just click send to phone and boom! app world opens to that apps download page.

now isnt all that much simpler? seems so to me
    Last edited by kcpaynev1; 09-02-10 at 03:53 PM.
    09-02-10 03:47 PM
    Well, BerryPopUp gives me instant access to my emails.
    09-02-10 06:52 PM
    well do you have it on your pc? no one is forcing you to buy the app so if its not for you then just move on
    09-02-10 07:04 PM
    Be cool if you could launch google maps with it.
    09-02-10 07:20 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. We will definitely continue to improve the app where possible. I will investigate whether its possible to open links in Google Maps. I don't believe so, but please let me know if you find otherwise.
    09-02-10 09:05 PM
    Beta tested this for you epic, totally awesome app; I've wanted something like this for a while. The firefox extension is beyond awesome.
    As far as opening links in google maps, it should be doable; poynt does it for example.
    09-02-10 09:47 PM
    I actually think this is a good first version of functionality that we will eventually need more and more of. I was looking for something similar for quite a while on the BB platform. I tried placing the order on the CB store but got some kind of notice about waiting 24 hours? weren't purchases on the app store instant?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:51 AM
    I actually think this is a good first version of functionality that we will eventually need more and more of. I was looking for something similar for quite a while on the BB platform. I tried placing the order on the CB store but got some kind of notice about waiting 24 hours? weren't purchases on the app store instant?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unfortunately the Crackberry store puts a hold on some credit card transactions to prevent fraud. Nothing we can do
    09-03-10 01:34 AM
    Keep the ideas coming guys.
    09-03-10 11:36 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD