I'm looking for a working direct download OTA link for the Amazon app ...the links I've found while searching do lead to the amazon site, however I'm getting the "incompatible os" message and am unable to proceed. I also tried amazom.com/bb, but no dice. This was all working before, but may be because I'm running an irtehun hybrid v 7.14, with a .191 radio swap. Not sure, but from what I've read, amazon has modified their site to allow OS5 downloads quite a while ago. Anyone have a direct and working ota link...or maybe a cod/alx file for the latest version that I could download?

Also, is the amazon.com/bb link, or the direct OTA .jad links working for other tour users on OS5? I'm thinking it may just be the hybrid OS that I'm running causing the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 04:27 PM
    i came across ota apps through crackberry forums and it downloaded to 5.0, in the search engine type ota apps and try it out. hope it works.
    12-25-09 04:28 PM
    thanks, but ive already searched through the forums - as stated in the OP, each of the links re-direct to the "your OS in not yet compatible" message, even though 5.0 support was announced a while ago. i also searched through google, but only found the same links. can someone on a non-hybrid 5.0 OS try one of the OTA links, or the amazon.com/bb link and see if its working for the tour? or better yet, can i get a link to the .jad file - anyone??

i came across ota apps through crackberry forums and it downloaded to 5.0, in the search engine type ota apps and try it out. hope it works.
    12-26-09 11:36 PM
    I am also looking for this, no luck so far
    12-28-09 06:54 PM
    I get the your device is not supported message when I try amazon.com/bb..I, too, would like to find a working link...I'm constantly buying things from amazon and would like to browse from my blackberry..
    12-28-09 07:02 PM
    I just goto amazon.com and using 5.0.230 and everything works for me... Not sure what the app has over the mobile site.

~us3rX

12-28-09 07:24 PM
    I just goto amazon.com and using 5.0.230 and everything works for me... Not sure what the app has over the mobile site.

~us3rX

I'm not sure if this is a known thing or just something I noticed for me, but on the Amazon app it seems to load ALL of the reviews up front, so you just click the right arrow icon and goes to the next one instantly with no load time. Most of the time that I use this app is when I have time to kill or I'm on the john which means I'll spend more time reading reviews than I would on the normal website. So, it's nice to not have to wait.
    12-29-09 12:56 AM
    What I like about the Amazon app is the ability to take a photo of something, and a few minutes later be notified of what it is, the cost, reviews, and if available, a link to download(oops, i mean PURCHASE...lol) from amazon.com

The mobile site is great, and it works well...but their app is also great, and IMO is a better experience than the mobile site.

I dont really understand whats happened, a while back they announced 5.0 compatibility, and the news was all over the place...now its just no longer working, and it seems like noone has this app anymore!

Sigh...!!

Oh btw, I was mainly asking for this, because my friend was showing off her great new app for iphone which scans barcodes and such (i know we have similar apps for bb) however, I was going to out do her one, by taking a photo of an OBJECT, and having amazon find it and report back to me. That is a killer feature. I know the amazon app for ipod/iphone can do this too, but she didnt!
    12-29-09 08:30 PM
    12-29-09 08:48 PM
    We're sorry, there was a problem with the Amazon App download. Please try again later.

12-30-09 07:04 AM
    I previously downloaded Amazon from Sprint's homepage (via Handmark), and from Handmark. It's no longer listed on Handmark at all. Maybe Amazon pulled the app? Could someone perhaps back it up with BBSAK and host it for downloading?
    12-31-09 04:18 PM
    This link should work. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll get another.

I also have the JAD and COD files as well. I put them on my server and was able to install the App over it but I don't want to get a DCMA notice so I took it down.

https://mad.amazon.com/download/yWvr...ist/Amazon.jad

Last edited by scuccia; 12-31-09 at 05:34 PM.
    12-31-09 05:00 PM
    Aha finally! Thank you!!

This link should work. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll get another.

I also have the JAD and COD files as well. I put them on my server and was able to install the App over it but I don't want to get a DCMA notice so I took it down.

https://mad.amazon.com/download/yWvr...ist/Amazon.jad

12-31-09 07:03 PM
    We're sorry, there was a problem with the Amazon App download. Please try again later.

Error still

01-02-10 03:54 PM
    This was extracted from a Tour with 4.7 and can be installed using BBSAK to a 5.0 device.

Unzip, take the .txt extension off off Amazon.cod.txt (Amazon.cod) and install using BBSAK.

Enjoy.
    01-02-10 07:30 PM
    Will try that soon when I have a usb in hand tomorrow. Does it work on a 5.0 8900?
    01-03-10 02:08 AM
    No clue, I'm a Tour owner.

01-03-10 06:54 PM
    Update, Amazon works just great on my 8900. Thanks man!
    01-04-10 09:20 AM
    Good to hear!

01-04-10 09:24 AM
    Thanks! It works perfectly on os5, not sure why Amazon's not allowing it.
    01-24-10 12:21 PM
    This was extracted from a Tour with 4.7 and can be installed using BBSAK to a 5.0 device.

Unzip, take the .txt extension off off Amazon.cod.txt (Amazon.cod) and install using BBSAK.

Enjoy.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I had been going crazy looking for this file online, until I found your post. Thanks again!
    02-14-10 10:29 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I had been going crazy looking for this file online, until I found your post. Thanks again!
    No problem!
    02-14-10 11:33 AM
    I should know this but how can I take the .txt extension off? All it shows after I unzip the folder is Amazon.cod
    02-17-10 06:47 PM
    forget it....I figured it out. I emailed the cod.txt file to my BlackBerry and renamed it there....Windows 7 wouldn't recognize the .txt after the name....all it read was Amazon.cod after extracting it....not Amazon.cod.txt. All is well now and thank you very much for the upload.
    02-17-10 07:12 PM
    Thank you for zip file, thought I was going crazy because it worked before but not after upgrade to 5.0

02-18-10 04:01 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD