i tried to download the amazon app and it told me that it wasnt supported on my bb. is this true, or is there an error?
    12-29-09 06:26 PM
    i have, and use, the Amazon app all the time. 9630/4.7.1.61

Where did you try to download it? What OS do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 06:47 PM
    downloading from amazon. running 5.0, .230 tho
    12-29-09 06:49 PM
    i'm not sure if it works with 5.0. Try this link from your BlackBerry.

Let me know.

12-29-09 06:57 PM
    worked. ty very much!
    12-29-09 07:23 PM
    Good! Glad it worked.

12-29-09 07:29 PM
    probably just need to update their acceptable devises list
    12-29-09 07:32 PM
    I tried installing it just for fun simply because of this thread... that Amazon Remembers feature is nuts!
    12-29-09 09:04 PM
    ya! i took a pic of my xbox controller to try it out. BOOM, not a minute later it sent me an email with a link to the controller on amazon!
    12-29-09 09:16 PM
    I just downloaded this from my Tour and now I'm in heaven..lol! I'm always buying things from Amazon almost every day...
    12-29-09 09:35 PM
    Agreed! i love Amazon.com. This is app is great. i like the Wish List, Remembers but the best feature is One-Click buying. It's so fast. No inputting address and cc number.

12-30-09 06:29 AM
    There is a handy app called Searchit by Shao Soft - $1.99 through the CB app store until the end of this week, I believe. Basically, under one application, you can search in Amazon, eBay, Goodgle, wikipedia, and not forget CB and also you can add a site you like as custom. It doesn't search all at the same time but if you don't like crowded home screen with icons, it might be a good app. I personally like it. I am a bargain hunter - when I am at a retail store and check prices at Amazon or eBay quickly, it comes handy.
    Last edited by BrianFTC; 12-30-09 at 07:15 AM.
    12-30-09 07:13 AM
    Thanks, i'll check that app out!

12-30-09 07:17 AM
    Just tried downloading it on Verizon's official OS and it gave me all sorts of errors... and now just gave me a 552 error. #@$%!
    12-30-09 01:09 PM
    Hook your BlackBerry up to Desktop Manager (even if it says PIN: none) and click on app loader, and then uncheck Amazon to remove it. Then click next and let it remove Amazon and boot back up.

If you're away from the computer, start your BlackBerry in SafeMode and go remove the Amazon app.

i've been reading up on 552 Errors. Your error most likely wasn't caused specifically by the Amazon app itself. Any app can cause a 552 error. There seems to be an issue with OS 4.7 and app indexing. i got the 552 error after downloading Google App, getting a memory error, then re booting.

12-30-09 01:14 PM
    How do I boot into safe mode?
    12-30-09 01:20 PM
    Pull the battery, the hold the esc button while it boots up i've never done it though. i've just read about it. Lemme find you more info.

Also, read this thread and the links within to learn more about 552 errors. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/552-507-errors-393713/

12-30-09 01:22 PM
    Good info about SafeMode
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...femode-395170/

Let me know how it's going.

12-30-09 01:24 PM
    Not working unfortunately. I think this stops applications from loading, but the Amazon app bricked the phone completely - I don't think even uninstalling the app via DM would work, but I'll try it when I get home - but now I'm out of a phone for the rest of the day.

It's BS. If RIM wants to truly play in the consumer market, having an app or multiple ones (first BBM, then UrbanSpoon, now Amazon) that can completely brick your phone is unacceptable. I'm getting afraid to install apps now, like I should do a backup before each one. It's ridiculous.
    12-30-09 01:38 PM
    Yeah, i can't get my Tour to boot up in SafeMode. i just tried twice. Another mod does it, but he has a different phone.

Try removing the app via DM. That worked for me. i didn't need to reload anything. i just removed the app and everything came back as before. i had 9630/4.7.1.61 OS on the PC, and when i hooked my Reload Software BlackBerry to DM, it say PIN:None. But i was still able to click on Applications and remove the app (Google for me). Then i clicked Next and it removed it and my BlackBerry booted back up with no missing data.

i agree. After i got the 552 i was nervous about installing apps.

12-30-09 01:46 PM
    Does the phone have to be on (and sitting at the 552) screen to be able to pull off the app? Or should the battery be out?
    12-30-09 01:48 PM
    When i did it i had the 552 Error on the screen as i plugged it into the PC and opened DM. i didn't do anything with the battery. i left my BlackBerry on. Hopefully that will work for you.

i've read that if you can't get to the apps via DM that whay, then you have to reload your OS, using the pull the battery technique.

Try getting to the app leaving the battery in first.

12-30-09 01:52 PM
    Did you have a similar problem - an error caused by an app? If I can just take the app off without having to wipe everything that would be wonderful.
    12-30-09 01:54 PM
    Yes. i had the same thing happen two days ago! i installed the Google App (from m.google). i went to open the Google app and got some error pop up about memory. So then i rebooted thinking that would help and Reload Software 552 appeared on the screen!

i read up on here about what to do. Some said to wipe and reload everything. Well, i didn't have a recent backup. Others said to hook up to DM and try to remove the app. Thankfully that worked for me and the Google App was removed without having to reload anything.

12-30-09 01:56 PM
    So, you load the phone to get the 552 error, then plug it in and go to App Loader and then what? Sorry to be a pest - just want to make sure I do it right. Thanks!
    12-30-09 02:07 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD