Just wanted to get your guys feedback on this app, how is it?

Looking at the videos, it looks ok, i mean i think its the only app for free with voice turn by turn navigation.

amAze Demo movies - free GPS navigation for mobile phones || amAzeGPS.com
    01-13-09 02:34 PM
    Works pretty great. People already recommended it many times in the various "what apps are best" threads.
    01-13-09 02:36 PM
    You can also try Nav4All, not as pretty but simpler to use.
    01-13-09 03:01 PM
    Amaze is nice, though vodafone sat nav (do a search on the forums) is better.
    Last I heard, you could download the vodafone sat nav without being on vodafone...
    When googlemaps gets voice turns, it'll be awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 03:54 PM
    I prefer Telmap to Amaze. Amaze took too long to recalculate and also simple driving instructions ended up getting us going in a circle (litarely) so Telmap stays with me.

Amaze is pretty decent though
    01-13-09 04:02 PM
    I use it. I'm satisfied with it. Afterall, it's free. The maps are accurate and hybrid satelite-map view is awesome. Some problems I've noticed are:
    1. Very slow to start up.
    2. When there are very quick successive turns, it's not so good. You have to look at the map and
    Pay attention.
    3. I've had seldom occasaions where audio cuts out.
    4. Entering your destination is a pain mostly because I think the app was written to accomodate wide variety of phones.
    Instead of using the menu button for menus, you have to use # and @ keys.

Even so, it's my gps app of choice. I think there is another free app called telenav or something like that. But I have not tried it.

I hope this helps

01-13-09 04:23 PM
    I didn't have too much luck with amaze. As stated, it was rather slow to start and get a location....
    01-14-09 11:01 AM
    Amaze is nice, though vodafone sat nav (do a search on the forums) is better.
    Last I heard, you could download the vodafone sat nav without being on vodafone...
    When googlemaps gets voice turns, it'll be awesome!

I tried that - downloaded and installed it, but get a message "The request is not under your subscription package" - doesn't work

Were you able to get it to work? or anyone else?

I'm not on vodafone - I'm on Rogers.
    01-14-09 09:46 PM
    does this use a lot of data?
    01-14-09 09:55 PM
    does this use a lot of data?
    It has to pull the map down as needed so, yes it uses a bit of data. Especially true if you sue satelite/map hybrid view. (google earth style)
    01-15-09 02:29 AM
    Here's the link to the Telmap (Vodafone/Mapquest Navigator) free Beta Test group.
    Looks like it has changed a bit, but it prob still works.

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

Register, you live in South Africa, btw, for English version. When you enter your mobile number, enter it in the international format, 12125556666 for New York,US. It shouldn't matter that your mobile number doesn't correspond to South Africa. You'll get a text with a download link + activation code. should be fully functional in US, Canada, Mexico, and lots of other countries. For free!
    01-15-09 02:45 AM
    i did that, got it downloaded, went to install, says may take a few mins, then after a bit it says cant complete installation at this time. Try again later. Each time. Any ideas?
    01-16-09 12:59 AM
    Abu, any ideas why it wont install?
    01-18-09 12:37 PM
    Here's the link to the Telmap (Vodafone/Mapquest Navigator) free Beta Test group.
    Looks like it has changed a bit, but it prob still works.

http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

Register, you live in South Africa, btw, for English version. When you enter your mobile number, enter it in the international format, 12125556666 for New York,US. It shouldn't matter that your mobile number doesn't correspond to South Africa. You'll get a text with a download link + activation code. should be fully functional in US, Canada, Mexico, and lots of other countries. For free!
    MAJOR THANKS!!!!!!
    03-24-09 09:45 PM
    I used Nav4All for quite some time before trying out amAze. I have since deleted Nav4All from my Bold.

As others have said, for a free app, it's pretty darned good.
    03-24-09 10:06 PM
    I've used all 3 applications (complimented by Google Maps obviously) and I have to say

1) amAze is pretty good - still misses some streets where I live tho
    2) Nav4All has gotten ALOT better than its earlier releases
    3) Telmap is by far the best one of the lot. I like its simple GUI and its very accurate as far as road names etc are concerned. It picks up stuff in the middle of no where (like way out of the city...trust me I tried getting lost with it...)

As long as TELMAP is offerring the free beta...give it a shot I promise you will not be disappointed.

Again, I do like all 3, i just think Telmap is a lot more refined.
    03-24-09 11:49 PM
    This app is great for being free.

Is the Garmin $99 gps app much much better than amaze? anyone know/
    03-25-09 03:44 AM
    The Garmin GPS app is amazing. Looks and works just like their Nuvi GPS units.

03-25-09 04:14 AM
    +1 for amAze GPS .... Works great for me ...
    03-25-09 08:06 AM
    I've used all 3 applications (complimented by Google Maps obviously) and I have to say

1) amAze is pretty good - still misses some streets where I live tho
    2) Nav4All has gotten ALOT better than its earlier releases
    3) Telmap is by far the best one of the lot. I like its simple GUI and its very accurate as far as road names etc are concerned. It picks up stuff in the middle of no where (like way out of the city...trust me I tried getting lost with it...)

As long as TELMAP is offerring the free beta...give it a shot I promise you will not be disappointed.

Again, I do like all 3, i just think Telmap is a lot more refined.
    Telmap is pretty good! Thanks for sharing.

Only thing is I'm not sure how to pull up POI after you are already navigating.
    03-25-09 08:56 AM
    I have used AmazeGPS 3 or 4 times and I think it works great, especially for free!
    03-25-09 09:03 AM
    I generally just use Blackberry and Google maps though I've tried Amaze and it was handy albeit very slow. Just grabbed Telmap, hoping it's a good as it's said to be.
    03-25-09 10:04 AM
    Fyi. Go To Official Blackberry Website And You Can Buy Garmin Mobile For $79!

04-19-09 03:44 AM
    Fyi. Go To Official Blackberry Website And You Can Buy Garmin Mobile For $79!

Now that RIM launched the app store, I can only find Telmap in the app store for $79 (and the 14-day trial!).

Where did Garmin Mobile for $79 go?
    04-22-09 02:55 PM
    Can't wait till they implement my suggestion of using the BB Back key in amazeGps...
    04-22-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD