Downloaded the "verizon bold version" for my tour. Seems to work ok. Haven't tested it on the road yet. Anyone else try it ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:29 PM
    I would like to know this as well.
    07-27-09 09:46 PM
    I downloaded the Verizon Storm version, that enables GPS to work on Verizon phones and it worked great for me. Can't complain at all GPS was right on, and best of all "free, with voice"

07-27-09 10:40 PM
    I have used it a few times. I like the app.
    07-27-09 10:44 PM
    Used this a few days after I got Tour, worked perfectly. Glad they fixed the gps issue. I was very impressed at how accurate it was and how the voice directions really worked well. Free is good.

Note:And thats my 500th post. Woot Woot!
    07-27-09 10:49 PM
    There is a version up for Tour, I'm downloading now.
    07-27-09 10:52 PM
    I downloaded the verizon bold version... works great. There is also

Nav4All

Which is free as well.. fyi
    07-27-09 10:58 PM
    There is a version up for Tour, I'm downloading now.
    I tried that one first, didn't work. The verizon bold one seems to be working nicely.

07-28-09 06:13 AM
    The tour version didn't work for me... but they didn't have the tour under the verizon list yet when I looked last Thursday. So I d/led the verizon version of the 8900 software(i'm aware that there isn't an 8900 on vzw but its on amaze's site) and it worked great. I chose it over the bold or storm versions because the screen resolution is identical. I was very impressed by Amaze considering it was free. My Nuvi still does much better tho
    07-28-09 06:37 AM
    The tour version didn't work for me... but they didn't have the tour under the verizon list yet when I looked last Thursday. So I d/led the verizon version of the 8900 software(i'm aware that there isn't an 8900 on vzw but its on amaze's site) and it worked great. I chose it over the bold or storm versions because the screen resolution is identical. I was very impressed by Amaze considering it was free. My Nuvi still does much better tho
    how did you chose which one to download? sorry im a n00b

never mind, lol, im an *****
    07-28-09 07:47 AM
    I love this application. Download that

07-28-09 08:13 AM
    I just installed it on my tour. It is unable to find GPS satellite. I also have google maps and BB maps installed, both of them are able to sync. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    07-28-09 08:22 AM
    Where do you get this?

07-28-09 08:28 AM
    OTA is wap.amazegps.com
    07-28-09 08:32 AM
    Thanks jlaw73 for the OTA

07-28-09 08:58 AM
    Verizon Tour one did not work for me. Gps was not working. Downloaded the Verizon Bold and works perfectly.

07-28-09 09:06 AM
    When I first went to the OTA site I downloaded the tour download that the site recommends but that file does NOT work of verizon gps. You have to scroll down to the blackberry verizon link than download a file from another bb phone. I used the Bold file for my Tour and successfully used it yesterday.

IMO its the best free turn by turn for the tour atm. I have Nav4All but its UI and controls are horrid. Amaze was lacking in bb shortcut support as well but the UI is much cleaner.

07-28-09 09:08 AM
    I downloaded the one for the bold and still having no luck. I am inside but both bb maps and google maps are able to sync. I will just wait until i go home to see if it works.
    07-28-09 09:15 AM
    Did anyone else notice that when they downloaded amaze that slacker radio was installed as well. I did not have slacker installed before, now if I go to applications to delete it, it is not there, does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks
    07-28-09 09:30 AM
    Just installed the latest version for Verizon Tour 9630 and it is working as it should. I had used the version for the Bold and it worked as well. Saw the update/added version for the VZW Tour and thought to give it a try. So far the accuracy is great as well as the other features you have been used to with amAzeGPS. This is a good program especially considering it is free.
    07-28-09 10:18 AM
    Did anyone else notice that when they downloaded amaze that slacker radio was installed as well. I did not have slacker installed before, now if I go to applications to delete it, it is not there, does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks
    this was pushed down by VZ yesterday to all tours. its an install icon, just hide it.
    07-28-09 10:25 AM
    When doing the download @ amAzed site do not download and install the version for the 9630. Scroll down, forget exact link name, and click on choose device. Find the Verizon 9630 download link and choose it. That one will install, find satellites and work.
    07-28-09 11:45 AM
    Installing this BROKE all gps on my phone. Google Maps, BlackStar and BB Maps are not working....either is amaze for that matter. Great App!
    07-28-09 01:18 PM
    When I first went to the OTA site I downloaded the tour download that the site recommends but that file does NOT work of verizon gps. You have to scroll down to the blackberry verizon link than download a file from another bb phone. I used the Bold file for my Tour and successfully used it yesterday.

IMO its the best free turn by turn for the tour atm. I have Nav4All but its UI and controls are horrid. Amaze was lacking in bb shortcut support as well but the UI is much cleaner.

What he said
    07-28-09 01:25 PM
    OK. I've installed both the Tour and Bold versions of this software (both for Verizon customers) and still under my...WAIT A MINUTE!!!

As I was typing this my GPS Settings went from "no SAT" to "Real-Time Fix". Got my Long/Lat/Altitude Settings and all. This is the Bold version, although it seems that both the Tour and Bold installs give the same version of the software. Both say version 4.5. But the fix for the Bold is what I installed most recently. Any idea why that worked and the install for the Tour didn't?
    Last edited by TreyStyles; 07-28-09 at 04:11 PM.
    07-28-09 04:07 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD