I am going to the 49er game on SUnday but I want to listen to the local broadcast (KNBR in SF) during the game...is there an app for AM stations? I have iheart radiio and Slacker but these do not have the KNBR (680) station...Please Help!
    09-17-09 01:50 PM
    Not an App for AM stations as the device doesnt have an AM tuner. But if your AM station broadcasts over the internet you can try to podcast it. Try searching it with Pandora to see if your station is there. I dont think an AM station would be, but you never know.
    09-17-09 02:06 PM
    Even if you find a stream for KNBR, they won't be streaming the game. That's handled by the NFL, which charges for the service. KNBR's stream will likely be some sort of alternative programming during football play-by-play.

Sprint give you NFL game audio as part of their offering. Sprint | NFL
    09-17-09 02:31 PM
    AM Tuner will be unlocked on Verizon with OS release 5.1.0.1
    09-17-09 02:34 PM
    BBMAN, you can stream KNBR 680 live to your phone using an app called flycast. Flycast can be found in the blackberry "app world". Unfortunelty limegrass was right as you wont be able to listen to the game. The station broadcasts different programs over the internet while a game is being played, and Flycast streams the station via the internet as it does not have a tuner. When you download Flycast make sure it is v2 (version 2) as it is much better than version one. Flycast has a good selection of other am stations and the best part....IT's Free!

ps, after reading what i just wrote it kinda sounded like i might be affiliated with flycast. i'm not. I just enjoy the shyt out of it while i listen to local talk radio all day long through my phone while i am work. very cool stuff!
    Last edited by ryno081; 09-17-09 at 08:40 PM.
    09-17-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD