I hoped onto App World this morning and played around with it for a while. Downloading and installing App World was incredibly easy.

I don't know why some folks are complaining about the lack of free apps. I've found a ton of them. I downloaded Where and Trapster and those were free. I also downloaded Shazam, also free (free trial). My gripe about that is that Shazam for Blackberry was clearly written for phones with trackballs and is a little stubborn on the Storm...which is ironic given that it was made for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

I also got the Level app....because I saw it in the iPhone commercials. All those have been free.

So far I'm pleased with the initial apps. I hope to see more and more popping up over the next several days and hopefully it'll continue to grow from there.
    04-01-09 09:05 AM
    I'm tickled we have an app store. Looking forward to see it grow with some great apps.....and no, they don't have to be free. I expect to pay for tools at home depot so I'll pay for tools for my BB.
    04-01-09 09:11 AM
    I'm tickled we have an app store. Looking forward to see it grow with some great apps.....and no, they don't have to be free. I expect to pay for tools at home depot so I'll pay for tools for my BB.
    Thank you!!
    04-01-09 09:12 AM
    I am please as well! It is set up so nicely and easy to navigate. I didn't expect a whole bunch of apps right off the bat seeing it has only been out one day. I think it has a whole bunch of potential. I am excited! I can't believe some people are already complaining!
    04-01-09 09:12 AM
    I tnink that App World is great. I found a lot of new apps that I want to check out. I think that for the initial launch, it has been pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 09:14 AM
    I am thrilled. Kinda so-so right now, but it did just come out. I'm sure it'll get better with time
    04-01-09 09:14 AM
    I am very pleased so far. It can and will get better each week I am sure.

04-01-09 09:16 AM
    is it going to prompt for updates like the apple app store?

I found this to be the most annoying aspect of apps being provided from all over the place.

It would be nice if the appworld would keep track of your apps and current updates.
    04-01-09 09:21 AM
    Yea I think this is pretty cool. I'm actually surprised at how good it looks as well as the amount of apps they already have.
    04-01-09 09:28 AM
    for me it's not about the apps in app world right now....I just wasn't expecting a ton of new stuff when it was to be released. Its the actual setup, how it runs, and how user friendly it is and I give RIM all the credit in the world on building a great storefront for more apps to come. I love it and hope to see a lot more developers making up some fun and useful apps.
    04-01-09 09:28 AM
    I might like it, I might not, but I'll never know because I CAN'T EVEN GET THE APPWORLD APP!

On my phone or by dowloading to my desktop, all I get are service time outs.

This could drive me to switch to an iphone. if i can't get appworld on my BB then I'm probably better off subjecting myself to King Steve, and letting him force me into living my life the way he decides. He really isn't all that bad a ruler. After all, he did give his subjects that amazing new technology called "cut and paste" just a few weeks ago.
    04-01-09 09:29 AM
    I think it's cool. Considering it's been out less than one day, I think it's pretty damn good. Expensive though, but whatever.
    04-01-09 09:30 AM
    I like it. Can't wait to see what happens next.
    04-01-09 09:31 AM
    I might like it, I might not, but I'll never know because I CAN'T EVEN GET THE APPWORLD APP!

This could drive me to switch to an iphone. if i can't get appworld on my BB then I'm probably better off subjecting myself to King Steve, and letting him force me into living my life the way he decides. He really isn't all that bad a ruler. After all, he did give his subjects that amazing new technology called "cut and paste" just a few weeks ago.
    I'm sure the server is flooded with requests right now, as people trickle into work and find out the store launched. By mid-day or evening, I'm sur it will cool down a bit.
    04-01-09 09:31 AM
    It's early but I like it too! I'm just wondering...is there any reason to keep the old "application center" or can I free up some space?
    04-01-09 09:32 AM
    I'm loving it. This is just the first day and I'm excited to see how it takes off now that its open to the masses.

04-01-09 09:37 AM
    I think it's awesome b/c it shows that RIM is working to make this phone a better device. We'll see about a new OS, after all, today's not over yet, but I am glad to see they are doing something.
    04-01-09 09:40 AM
    Its cool i like how you can finger swipe through apps with the storm
    04-01-09 09:43 AM
    It looks nice, but when I see a program that I just paid $4.99 for in there for $9.99 its kinda scary...also TalkLock is $2.99 when it used to be free.
    Last edited by The5Venomz; 04-01-09 at 10:02 AM.
    04-01-09 09:59 AM
    I like the blackberry app store and it think it will just get better over time.
    04-01-09 11:02 AM
    i love it
    04-01-09 11:12 AM
    Well said!

One thing that will help everyone is for people to make sure they write reviews for the paid apps that they buy, this will help us make good decisions and keep the great apps online and rid App World of the bad ones.

LOVING App World! thanks RIM! - Storm owner becoming happier and happier
    04-01-09 11:13 AM

You managed to struggle through all that time without the app world and all of a sudden you MUST have it or else your going to drop Rim for an iPhone? Oh, and lol for the last part.
    04-03-09 09:17 PM
    Even after Shazam expires we can still use it for Free. I think we still get xx amount of Tags a month.

I love app world!

Grvalic, I erased the old application center. You don't need it.
    04-03-09 09:44 PM
    Its cool for now. Since it just started its going to take time for improvements.
    04-03-09 09:48 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD