*Disclaimer* 1st time BB owner... I did a search and even googled before posting, so I hope I am not repeating this, my sincere apologies if so.....I had to install it (facebook app) twice. I had an error message once and the second time it just didn't seem to install. So I see it under the app world icon. (Can't it just have it own icon is one question?) Another is I see a FB tiny icon and the number four under the date and time and it is buzzing and driving me nuts, but do I seriously have to go under app world and open it up and do all that to get to facebook each time? Is that where all apps go is there? Also when you open that up you have no idea what you are being notified of do you?

Thanks so much!
    Summie
    10-30-09 10:51 PM
    Look for an "Applications" folder in your icons. The actual Facebook app should be in there.
    10-30-09 10:58 PM
    I don't see it there. I have slideshow to go, files, voice dialing, password keeper and saved messages.
    10-30-09 11:00 PM
    I would recommend uninstalling the FB app that's currently on your phone. Then go to the Application Center icon (not App World). You will see FB in the list. Click on it and reinstall it. Just avoid the app world mess. Or you can go to Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones from your phone browser to install.
    10-30-09 11:03 PM
    Go to Options -> Applications -> Add-Ons. Is Facebook listed there?
    10-30-09 11:04 PM
    Go to Options -> Applications -> Add-Ons. Is Facebook listed there?
    Nope. If I do not have it as an app, how do I have the FB icon under the date?

Should I just uninstall this appworld alltogether. Is it not the way to go? I just figured it was what I was supposed to do since it was on the BB site.
    10-30-09 11:20 PM
    Once you find the app widget, highlight it --> BB button --> move to folder --> home. From there, you can move it to anywhere you like on the main screen.
    10-30-09 11:21 PM
    Leave it on...it's good, but just picky sometimes. Now open your bb broswer and go to www.blackberry. com/facebook and load it up that way.
    10-30-09 11:23 PM
    Also... try your downloads folder instead of apps folder.
    10-30-09 11:23 PM
    It's under "my world" in the BB apps thing. ???
    10-30-09 11:43 PM
    I had a similar problem when I downloaded the app at first - I couldn't find it in the applications folder. It was a VERY simple fix for me. When I opened the applications folder, for some reason, it didn't open to the top row of apps. I just had to scroll up to the top row and it was there (hidden from my original view). It was driving me crazy for probably 15 minutes or so. So IF you've completed the download, maybe you're having a similar problem.
    10-31-09 12:11 AM
    I had a similar problem when I downloaded the app at first - I couldn't find it in the applications folder. It was a VERY simple fix for me. When I opened the applications folder, for some reason, it didn't open to the top row of apps. I just had to scroll up to the top row and it was there (hidden from my original view). It was driving me crazy for probably 15 minutes or so. So IF you've completed the download, maybe you're having a similar problem.

Ok. Wow. *Hides head in shame* I cannot believe that was it!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

This is such a huge learning curve for me!!!! It took me all day to get the touch screen down. I was pretty proud though because I thought it was going to take a good month after the first day of frusturation! LOL!
    Thanks to all of you!!! I appreciate your time!
    Summie
    10-31-09 12:21 AM
    Summie,

No problem. I'm still figuring mine out too. It's funny how something so easy can be so difficult sometimes.
    10-31-09 12:51 AM
    Also, regarding the little FB picture underneith the date, its telling you you have FB messages.
    You don't have to open FB app to read them (I have the front page set as Today) just click on the Messages line on teh front page and they will be there
    10-31-09 01:02 AM
    Note also: App World is where you download apps from. It's not where you open them from after you've already downloaded them. There seemed to be some confusion about that.
    10-31-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD