Is there an alternative media player available that isn't dependent on the standard volume controls? My volume-up key won't do anything, although volume down will.

It's okay if the program is dependent on the normal volume buttons IF it can be made to start-out at a high volume, as volume-down works okay. What I'd really like, though, is a program that can adjust volume up-down without using the dedicated buttons at all.

It would be for a Blackberry Bold with OS 5.

LRH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 01:36 PM
    I did find this link, and it seems to state that all the players have their own volume control vs using the system one, if I read that correctly. (The article writer regards that as a disadvantage, for understandable reasons--but in my case, it would be a GOOD thing.)

I'm not griping, but I am asking--the last several posts I've done, no one ever replies. Am I violating some sort of protocol? I do search prior to posting, and often-times, if I find something that helped but didn't help enough to solve the problem, I link to that so others who follow a thread can possibly benefit from it--and so other would-be helpers will see that I am doing some research of my own.

(Lately, the volume-up button is working better after a 5-minute battery pull anyway.)

LRH

LRH
    02-21-11 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD