I have come to quickly realize that the Blackberry Desktop Manager, and Roxio Media Manager, are really crappy pieces of software that keep freezing. So, my question, is there any alternative to this software for managing my Blackberry? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice, but it keeps sucking. I am running Vista, if that helps.
    06-04-09 12:34 AM
    well install the bb software and all that stuff and then google blackberry master control program lol they have app loader and other stuff u can do with that but ya u will always need the bb softwre no other program will help k cause the blackberry mater control program needs the files from the bb software to work right
    06-04-09 12:58 AM
    well install the bb software and all that stuff and then google blackberry master control program lol they have app loader and other stuff u can do with that but ya u will always need the bb softwre no other program will help k cause the blackberry mater control program needs the files from the bb software to work right
    I suppose I should have clarified my main objective. My primary reason for using Blackberry Manager is to put media on my device. The Roxio thing is very glitchy and freezes a lot, so I was wondering if there was anything else that could be used.
    06-04-09 01:04 AM
    hi jill i have the same problem with roxio media manager. It really sucks!!!! It always freezes up and i hate it. Wish i could find a alternative. Blackberry manufacturer doesnt even have a anwer for me. They try to blame my computer... What a joke..... Lets hope we can solve this problem....
    06-04-09 01:26 AM
    There is general agreement that Roxio blows. It's only good if you do not have a media card installed in your BB, which everyone should. If you have a media card there is hope.

First, you can download a version of Desktop Manager without media manager (Roxio) here:

Blackberry Software Downloads

Click on the drop down and select one of the Desktop Manager Versions. I recommend DM 4.6. Click next, and then click on Download under the version of DM you want to download, such as "Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B27 English - Without Media Manager"

Uninstall your existing DM from Windows and install the new version.

Now, as far as getting media on your device, the easiest way is to make sure mass storage mode is enabled on your BB, Options > Media Card, Media Card Support = On, Mass Storage Mode Support = On and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes.

Then connect your BB to your PC, open Windows Explorer and drag and drop music, pictures, etc. between your PC and your BB.

If your are a big iTunes user, you can use Blackberry Media Sync to sync iTunes playlists from your PC to your BB. There are some short comings including that iTunes store purchases with DRM will not transfer, you can only do playlists, not albums or individual songs, and that each time you use media sync it replaces everything previously sync'd.

You can get it here:BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    06-04-09 07:26 AM
    Hi
    You should check this soft:

BlackBerry Master Control Program

Download from here:
    mcpfx.com/news.php

Information can be found here:
    berryreview.com/2008/10/27/advanced-users-blackberry-master-control-program-09-alpha-the-ultimate-javaloader-gui/

Sorry: I don't have enough 10 posts to insert links
    06-04-09 11:04 AM
    just use the apploader instead.
    06-04-09 11:32 AM
    So I ended up using wnm's method, using Windows Explorer, which worked just fine, and I can edit tags if necessary. This is the easiest way, but I didn't think of it because usually peripherals are crappy and don't let you use drag and drop (e.g. iPods)

Edit: It didn't work, all of the songs I added without Media Manager ended up in a "various" category in Flipside, and now I have to change all of the music over using Media Manager anyway, and redownload the album art... good thing I have unlimited data
    Last edited by jill_the_ripper; 06-15-09 at 03:18 PM.
    06-15-09 02:17 PM
    I have come to quickly realize that the Blackberry Desktop Manager, and Roxio Media Manager, are really crappy pieces of software that keep freezing. So, my question, is there any alternative to this software for managing my Blackberry? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice, but it keeps sucking. I am running Vista, if that helps.
    GOOGLE Doubletwist
    06-15-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD