Sorry if this has been discussed. Our company moved to BES from BIS. BB Protect stopped working, I researched it and found it is not compatible with BES. Is there an alternative app that gives similar functions? Locate, loud ring, and external wipe from any web browser are most important to me and it may be BES provides the same functions or maybe most, but I would really like the control of doing this myself. Really appreciate any comments on this.

cheers, Misha
    07-22-12 12:51 AM
    Yes, I could use some info on a replacement type app too if anyone has some useful info to share?

Thanks,
    R...

Sorry if this has been discussed. Our company moved to BES from BIS. BB Protect stopped working, I researched it and found it is not compatible with BES. Is there an alternative app that gives similar functions? Locate, loud ring, and external wipe from any web browser are most important to me and it may be BES provides the same functions or maybe most, but I would really like the control of doing this myself. Really appreciate any comments on this.

cheers, Misha
    07-22-12 10:58 AM
    You can do the locate and wipe from BES (not sure about the remote alarm) but like you said, you want to be able to see this from a nice UI like the one @ protect.blackberry.com

This was the exact reason why I took my phone off company BES - if my phone was to be lost/stolen, the company wouldn't pay for it so not worth keeping it on BES.
    07-22-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD