Since I dont have data plan (dont jump on me about that one, not my fault) I want to find an app that does the same thing- remotely controls my phone and tracks it. I know about Buddy Guard, does anyone have any experience with that one?
    11-10-11 10:47 AM
    There is an option in blackberry protect to only back up over wifi. That might solve your lack of a data plan problem. Not sure how functional it will be, though. Give it a shot?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 10:54 AM
    There is an option in blackberry protect to only back up over wifi. That might solve your lack of a data plan problem. Not sure how functional it will be, though. Give it a shot?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

yeah I tried that too, but didnt work
    11-10-11 10:57 AM
    I didn't think it would work, since it is tied to your BIS account.
    11-10-11 11:02 AM
    and how does tracking actually work is SIM card is removed?
    11-10-11 12:13 PM
    and how does tracking actually work is SIM card is removed?

It won't work. I tried it, there isn't BIS without the sim card.

You'll have to pay up on a data planin order for blackberry protect to work. No such way around it. But you could back up your stuff using desktop manager, then e-mail yourself the backup file to be used on other computers with it installed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 using Tapatalk @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 12:18 PM
    Since I dont have data plan (dont jump on me about that one, not my fault) I want to find an app that does the same thing- remotely controls my phone and tracks it. I know about Buddy Guard, does anyone have any experience with that one?
    I have Buddy Guard on my BB and really like it. Fortunately, I haven't really had to use it because I misplaced, or had my phone stolen. I have "played" with it many times to test it. I does everything it claims. Locks with a text or email, sends an alarm, unlocks, etc. I have NOT tried the "wipe". However, every other function works, so I have no doubt that would too.
    11-10-11 02:41 PM
    I have Buddy Guard on my BB and really like it. Fortunately, I haven't really had to use it because I misplaced, or had my phone stolen. I have "played" with it many times to test it. I does everything it claims. Locks with a text or email, sends an alarm, unlocks, etc. I have NOT tried the "wipe". However, every other function works, so I have no doubt that would too.
    +1

Great product! I got this way back when it was free, and then when they started to charge it was one of the first products I purchased. IMHO this does far more! Probably why (after looking at it) I ignored BB Protect.

Good luck.

Mav.
    11-10-11 06:48 PM
    +1

Great product! I got this way back when it was free, and then when they started to charge it was one of the first products I purchased. IMHO this does far more! Probably why (after looking at it) I ignored BB Protect.

Good luck.

Mav.

but does it work with sim card removed?
    11-11-11 07:47 AM
    but does it work with sim card removed?
    No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD