Hi guys,

I've been using my 9700 for a couple months now without issues.
    Long story short, it did a reboot by itself last night (reason unknown, it was just lying on the table when it happened) but it was not able to boot. After about 20% into the boot cycle it restarted, and never made it any further.

So I connected it BB Desktop Manager, and tried to do a restore using a backup I had. Sure it worked fine and restored successfully all of my contacts, messages, and settings, but no apps. None of my third party apps installed in the backup, but whats peculiar is that almost all of the preloaded apps were gone too! The IM folder and Games folders are empty, and the apps under Applications folder seem to be very limited. The browser is still there though.

Anyways, I tried a few things and got fed up so I did a security wipe on the device, certain that this would fix it all. But guess what, even after a complete security wipe, the core apps are missing!

What should I try next? What may be going on? All suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    01-07-10 11:12 AM
    you have to select the apps to install in dm there in there just gotta select them.. as far as your third party apps you will have to redownload them
    01-07-10 11:14 AM
    Yeah but that is the thing though, when I connect it to DM and go to Application Loader -> Add/Remove Applications, the ONLY application that shows on the list is "BerryWeather" for some reason. I've always had BerryWeather installed on my device.
    But again, no code BB apps show up on this list.

Whats going on?
    Thanks!
    01-07-10 11:34 AM
    do you know how to backup your third party apps? there is a guide in this forum, look for it, very very helpful! i used it many times
    01-07-10 11:55 AM
    do you know how to backup your third party apps? there is a guide in this forum, look for it, very very helpful! i used it many times
    I appreciate that and I'll look into it, but the thirdparty apps are the least of my worries now. I need the core apps to be properly installed like they were when I got the device?

Should I talk to T-Mobile about this?
    01-07-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD