I have been more conscious about driving safely and using my bb. I have been looking for an app that would speak thru my bluetooth. I would pay for an app that would read out bb messenger, txt, email, and caller id. I just cannot find one.
    Vlingo has been good but I am not paying for full version unless they start reading out BB messenger.
    Caller Id was hit and miss and I could not find any contact for support so I am not about to pay for that.
    Any suggestions please?
    thanks
    Chris
    09-06-10 09:14 AM
    I'm looking for the same kind of thing. I got a cheap plantronics just to listen to music with, which is cool, but an app that offers full voice control would be nice. I've been using vlingo too but like you said its kinda hit or miss most of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 09:29 AM
    09-06-10 10:25 AM
    Thanks but the Drive Safely app is the same company as Caller Id reader. Caller Id is hit or miss so I don't have much confidence in them. I am mainly looking for a reader so I can determine if something is important or not while driving.
    09-06-10 11:19 AM
    BBM can't differentiate between senders in alerts, there's no app that could do it cuz BBM doesn't allow for it. Sucks, huh?
    09-06-10 11:47 AM
    I too would really like an app to do nearly all by voice.

I downloaded Voice on the Go but that requires you to dial into a service to use it, chewing up my minutes.
    09-15-10 02:31 PM
    I would suggest you just turn off your phone while you drive and put 100% of your focus on what you are doing behind the wheel. Distracted drivers are worse than drunk drivers.
    09-15-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD