something like the pacman, weather, etc. When I click on them, it takes me to a website to a preload user agreement page to download them. Most of these apps are located in application folder if you select Zen theme.

I am not talking about the games one (the one in the games folder) as those are full featured games.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to download them and then knowing that it's a trial app and I have to uninstall the app. I like to keep my 9700 as clean as possible with no reinstall once I download app

Thanks.
    05-19-10 10:54 AM
    something like the pacman, weather, etc. When I click on them, it takes me to a website to a preload user agreement page to download them. Most of these apps are located in application folder if you select Zen theme.

I am not talking about the games one (the one in the games folder) as those are full featured games.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to download them and then knowing that it's a trial app and I have to uninstall the app. I like to keep my 9700 as clean as possible with no reinstall once I download app

Thanks.
    Look at the download page very carefully, it will tell you on there somewhere if its a trial or if its just a freebie
    05-19-10 11:18 AM
    they're pretty much all trials.
    05-19-10 03:10 PM
    I read through the SW agreement and basically all it says is that RIM is directing to 3rd party and not responsible for anything happens to the phone. Unfortunately it doesn't say if it's prepaid or full featured.
    05-20-10 01:36 PM
    they're all trials sent through service books..u can't delete them either, the only thing u can do is hide them :/
    05-21-10 10:01 AM
    yeah, sucks ***. I wonder if there is anything I can do via the DM to delete it...
    05-21-10 11:12 AM
    BBGirl88, if you want to delete the icons, you can do that by deleting the service books. ie. delete the Pacman sevice book then you will see that the Pacman will gone forever. It's quite obvious from the Service Books name which one to delete. and I have done that to all
    05-31-10 10:39 AM
    BBGirl88, if you want to delete the icons, you can do that by deleting the service books. ie. delete the Pacman sevice book then you will see that the Pacman will gone forever. It's quite obvious from the Service Books name which one to delete. and I have done that to all
    They will only be deleted until the next time you reboot your device. Then they come back via carrier-pushed service books. It is better to just hide them.
    05-31-10 11:04 AM
    DOH!!! damn it!
    05-31-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD