I could have swore I seen a thread for a messenger you can dowload for Blackberrys where you can have yahoo , gtalk , and all the other messengers in just 1 client.

Has anyone seen a thread like this floating around anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 09:58 PM
    There are multiple ones...

IM+
    BeeJive
    Nimbuzz
    09-15-10 09:59 PM
    There are multiple ones...

IM+
    BeeJive
    Nimbuzz
    Thanks a lot I appreciate it

09-15-10 10:01 PM
    I use Trillian but the above do the same, and I cannot say I know anything about them.

09-15-10 10:29 PM
    I use Trillian but the above do the same, and I cannot say I know anything about them.

Good looks famo , just checked out Trillian it looks pretty slick. But don't think I wanna drop money on it though. But it looks like its worth it. 2 thumbs up

09-15-10 10:35 PM
    i have beejive but it isnt free and i dont use it anymore.i just downloaded im lite and its free.
    09-15-10 10:51 PM
    These days, Trillian is my favorite. I can log in, then close the app to save battery. I'm still logged in even though the app isn't open. If someone contacts me, I get a message in my inbox, then just start up the app again and start chatting. I'm still running the beta, so I don't know if they added any features to the release version. I think the only thing I am missing from the version I am on is message history.

BeeJive is my next favorite. I like the UI, and the amount of information given on the display. It works much like what I am used to on my desktop. It does store message history, which is a plus. The only thing I don't like is that it has to be running. When in the background, it doesn't keep any ports open. Messages are pushed to the inbox, then intercepted by BeeJive (to save battery drainage). The main problem I have is that when I log out of BeeJive, it doesn't always completely log out on the server. So, I might get a random message in my inbox that says I have a message from someone, even though I shouldn't be logged in. The other thing I didn't like about BeeJive is that if you use the Facebook portal, it files all of your FB contacts under one category - they don't get sorted into other categories. You can get around this by using the Jabgber portal instead.

I haven't used IM+ since they changed the UI. The interface wasn't as nice as BeeJive (or Trillian), but that may have changed. The other thing I had mixed feelings over was how IM+ does push-IMs. You can close the app, then messages go to your e-mail inbox. You can reply to the messages via e-mail (chatting via e-mail) without re-opening the app, but that means the conversation isn't part of the saved message history.

I tried Nimbuzz, but I ended up removing it pretty quickly. The main reason was that Nimbuzz can only handle 400 FB contacts. I have over double that, so I can't always see if some people are online or not. Plus, with a large FB contact list, it would sometimes take up to five minutes for the app to load the initial contact list. If Nimbuzz would only show the online FB friends, I might have given it more of a chance.

The other app I tried was Palringo. It has a lot of neat features, but still needs a lot of work. It has PTT capabilities with other Palringo users, so you can send voice messages back and forth easily. At times, it was hit or miss with it actually logging on. It doesn't sort contacts into categories, doesn't have message history, and there isn't a way to set notification tones (you can't set it to vibrate when needing your BB to be quiet).

There are a few more out there (like eBuddy and Instango), but I haven't tried them.
    09-16-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD