I used to have this software on my computer that would start playing an mp3 playlist at 0 volume and slowly increase over 20-30 minutes to a pretty loud setting. It was the coziest wake up you've ever experienced in your life!! Is there a blackberry alarm clock app that can do the same thing?

Thanks a lot for any advice!!
    02-27-11 11:42 PM
    Isn't there an "escalating" option that you can use? Granted, you can't control the rate of escalation, but it does offer that..
    02-28-11 12:32 AM
    In OS6 there are some standard tunes that you can use as alarm that do just that.
    - Evolving Dream
    - Evolving Seaside

Volume starts at about 0 or 1 and goes up in 20 or 30 seconds to max (or whatever you set it to I believe). Very pleasant evakening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 01:48 AM
    I used to have this software on my computer that would start playing an mp3 playlist at 0 volume and slowly increase over 20-30 minutes to a pretty loud setting. It was the coziest wake up you've ever experienced in your life!! Is there a blackberry alarm clock app that can do the same thing?

Thanks a lot for any advice!!
    You can do this with ShortcutMe by using it's Scheduled Launching and Macro feature:

Create a shortcut in ShortcutMe that plays a media file, then use Macros in the same shortcut to first reduce the volume and then after a period of time slowly increase the volume. This is fully customizable as you are the one writing the macros and the timings for it.
    Scheduled Launching in ShortcutMe can then be set to launch this shortcut as a customizable time of the day.
    02-28-11 02:12 AM
    Actually, what about this.

Create your own ringtone, edit volume in audacity, set as ringtone.

Bam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 02:32 AM
    Alarm Clock - I use it for several scheduled alarms during the day, and it has Escalating, as well as other alarm options. Well worth the $4.99 if you need this kind of thing.
    03-01-11 07:52 AM
    Alarm Clock - I use it for several scheduled alarms during the day, and it has Escalating, as well as other alarm options. Well worth the $4.99 if you need this kind of thing.
    +1 on Alarm Clock...I use it for important event reminders (rather than Calendar events). Great app.
    03-01-11 11:46 AM
    make that another +1 for Bulbera's Alarm Clock. it's quite user-friendly and feature-rich. i'd pay $4.99 all over again for it.
    03-01-11 01:14 PM
    actually i was thinking something that can increase the volume over a period of 10-15 minutes. does Alarm Clock do that?

Thanks.
    03-01-11 08:02 PM
    actually i was thinking something that can increase the volume over a period of 10-15 minutes. does Alarm Clock do that?

Thanks.
    No - and I do not know ANY app that does that.
    03-01-11 08:23 PM
    That's a shame. I actually found an app called Sleep Cycles which is supposed to do exactly what I wanted but the GUI is terrible and it doesn't even always work.

If you get a chance, download Citrus Alarm Clock, which is a program for PCs that does this. THE best wake up in the world - play increasing volume from 0% to 50% over a 30 minutes period, you'll be more refreshed than ever!!!
    03-01-11 08:27 PM
    Sorry. I get up at 4:00 am to get ready for work, and most of the time, I'm awake before the alarm goes off. Force of habit...
    03-02-11 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD