Is there a way to change the timeout on the IM apps??? if I am on a call for 15+min not connected to WIFI the apps will timeout and when you get off the phone if I remember I have to manually reconnect... They are checked to auto-signin but after 15+min they stop trying to connect.....

All of my other BB's would keep trying and would re-connect no matter how long I was on the phone once I got off. Am I the only one having this issue with the 8530?
    06-07-10 11:33 PM
    Me personally I wouldn't want those apps running in the background. That would just drain your battery if the keep trying to connect and stay running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 09:40 PM
    Is there a way to change the timeout on the IM apps??? if I am on a call for 15+min not connected to WIFI the apps will timeout and when you get off the phone if I remember I have to manually reconnect... They are checked to auto-signin but after 15+min they stop trying to connect.....

All of my other BB's would keep trying and would re-connect no matter how long I was on the phone once I got off. Am I the only one having this issue with the 8530?
    Mine does that too. Now with this phone, when I switch from 1XEV to 1x, the data apps all disconnect and no matter how many times I check that "reconnect automatically" box, it won't do it. Then to add insult to injury, Yahoo deletes all my status messages.

Don't think there is a way to set the timeout though.
    06-09-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD