I searched but could not find this exact issue, so forgive me if I happened to overlook it.

Every now and then, I like to sign into AIM on my BlackBerry, but I don't always want to talk to everyone on my list right off the bat, so I try to sign in as invisible. For a long time, I held out on updating to the 2.5.32 version versus the 2.1.48 or whatever it was, but when it recently stopped letting me sign in as invisible, I figured maybe updating would help. So, I updated through App World.

No dice. It still signs me in as available when I have "Sign in as invisible" checked on the login page. It's frustrating, because I want to be invisible until I decide to change my status to available, if I do, and it won't let me do that.

But, here's one other weird thing: signing in as invisible works on another screen name. Just not my main one.

Anyone else have this issue or know how I can resolve it? It's really annoying.
    05-30-10 11:39 AM
    Get BeejiveIM. Stock IM application suck.
    Beejive - instant messaging anywhere
    05-30-10 05:39 PM
    Um...thanks, but I'm a broke graduate student and I don't want to pay for an app; I want the one already installed to work properly. I wasn't asking for app recommendations.
    05-31-10 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD