Ok, so I updated aim on my blackberry tour 9630 through the application center. Of course it prompted for a reboot after the installation. I selected "reboot later" and instead of it returning to the home screen it attempted to reboot. So i figure maybe I selected the wrong option by mistake and place my phone down to reboot. When I return I am greeted by a white screen with "reload software: 552" in small black letters in the center of my screen. I've already removed the battery for a battery pull and STILL i am greeted with this same nightmare.

What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it?!?!
    This sux!
    10-30-09 01:50 AM
    An error, that's all.. But, to fix it, go to the balcberry help link at the top of the forum page and click on "blackberry 101", then look for the "nuked berry" link. That will explain how to reload the software on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:06 AM
    I will try that out and let you know how it goes. Thank you!
    10-30-09 03:28 AM
    happened to me also had to wipe the whole thing!
    10-30-09 06:49 AM
    Ditto here, was installing Windows Live Messenger and when it said it had successfully finished the icon was missing from where I keep it. Didnt think much of it and then that evening when I did my routine battery pull, I got the white screen saying "reload software 552." Seen as how its still new and wasnt much on there, I ran over to VZW store 15mins till closing and the girl told me she had only seen that one other time and was just going to give me a new phone. So, I got a new Tour and my husband had backed up my numbers onto the desktop manager and reloaded them. I admit I was pretty irked I already had all my settings...
    10-30-09 01:54 PM
    I see I wasn't the only one encountering this problem. I called Verizon and was on the phone with them for hours to no avail. They had to send me a new one which the rep stated would be through overnight shipping. This was on Friday. Today is Monday.....and um.....I am still waiting. So i called and found out it is supposed to be here tomorrow which screws with me because I was counting on my phone being here by today as the rep stated would be the latest that it would arrive because i needed to get some needed work resolved. But I loose a lot of info if not all on top of having to redo my settings as well. This is my 3rd tour in 2 months.....not a good look
    11-02-09 10:30 PM
    An error, that's all.. But, to fix it, go to the balcberry help link at the top of the forum page and click on "blackberry 101", then look for the "nuked berry" link. That will explain how to reload the software on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It seems like it was more significant than an error being it put my tour in a frozen state with a white screen, would not be recognized when I connected it to my computer, and was completely unusable. I appreciate your help and suggestions but to those who encounter this same problem, I'd say just go ahead and get a new one if possible. Its too much of a headache to mess with when ur gonna loose all ur info anyway.
    11-02-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD