getting a 'Service not enable for this handheld' error when trying to Sign On.

login/pass is OK, but even if i purposely mistype login info, i get same error.

App was downloaded from blackberry.com/aim
    AIM build 2.2.39
    07-14-09 10:13 PM
    no one having this issue?
    07-15-09 08:46 AM
    same thing, spent over an hour with customer support and tried everything, she then said that her supervisor told everyone that for now, aim isnt compatable with the tour
    07-15-09 08:54 AM
    same thing, spent over an hour with customer support and tried everything, she then said that her supervisor told everyone that for now, aim isnt compatable with the tour
    Hmm, I downloaded the AIM app the first day I got this phone and it's been working great, no issues. Sounds like she is b.sing you?
    07-15-09 08:59 AM
    Looks like a few people are having this issue. I had the same issue with my tour and it's a service book issue not a compatibility issue. The phone for some reason isn't getting the aim service books. What i did was i took the aim service books from my old 8830 and put them on the tour and problem solved.
    Last edited by Ach351; 07-15-09 at 09:23 AM.
    07-15-09 09:19 AM
    Looks like a few people are having this issue. I had the same issue with my tour and it's a service book issue not a compatibility issue. The phone for some reason isn't getting the aim service books. What i did was i took the aim service books from my old 8830 and put them on the tour and problem solved.
    how did you do that?
    07-15-09 09:27 AM
    how did you do that?
    I was going to PM you but since I'm new to the forums and only have 7 posts it wont let me lol.

You have to have an old blackberry that has the aim service books installed on it for this to work. You open desktop manager with your old blackberry connected and go to the backup/restore section. Go to the backup section. Then you want to add Service books to the left field. Then save it as a file.

Go to the main menu, unplug your old blackberry and plug in your new tour. Then go back to the same section except this time you want to hit restore. Point it to the file you saved with your old service books and let restore them. Once it's done unplug your blackberry. Go into options/advanced options/host routing table. Hit the menu key and click register now.

This should get your aim to work since the service books will be there now. There should be a way to just save the aim service books and add those only to the phone but unfortunately i don't know how to do that. Maybe someone else can chime in and explain how to do it.

G'luck
    07-15-09 02:48 PM
    How about if you don't have an old berry with AIM?
    07-16-09 12:34 AM
    I had a similar issue with my Tour initially, I logged back in the BIS gateway, and sent the service books and that seemed to clear things up. That or the battery pull, I did one after the other.
    07-16-09 12:58 AM
    I think I'm just not going to use AIM on my Tour until they fix the problem.

I think I'll mess my phone up if I do the service book stuff, lol! I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
    07-16-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD