Hi guys, i know theres no aim for the 8350i. Ive downloaded the trial of beejive but theres no way im payin 20 dollars for a bb app. Palringo and nimbuzz dont seem to work. Is there any other instant messenger service i could use?
    10-03-09 01:26 PM
    MSN. You can find other in the Blackberry app world. You can DL app world to your BB as well.
    10-03-09 01:31 PM
    instango

Works fine
    10-03-09 01:32 PM
    I have AIM on my 8350i. It came on the phone and works great, the only problem I have with it is if you don't use it maybe once every 2 hours it will log you off but you won't know you are logged off unless you go to refresh the contact list or something. You should be able to download it off blackerry app world for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 02:25 PM
    Mind you, this is a repost.
    --

There are a variety of applications suitable for boostberry/Sprint/Nextel 8350i users that push IM's to your device.

-Instango
    -Nimbuzz
    -Palringo
    -IM+
    -BeejiveIM

Nimbuzz is in my opinion the most feature packed application, though its functionality is sub-par with the rest.

If you want function over form, choose palringo, it offers the most stable connection for your accounts without charging for the application.

Instango is the same program as Beejive, though free of cost (and void of stability). I do not recommend unless you enjoy reconnecting every 5 min.

I hear good things of IM+, but it is very expensive and may not work well with some features on a boostberry.

The best of the bunch here if you can spare a few bucks is BeejiveIM, its 20 dollars but they offer a 30 day trial of full function. Just as, if not more stable than palringo, half the cost of IM+, and fulfills the broken promises of Instango, while keeping the visuals crisp and unobtrusive.

Hope that helped!

--

If there's anything i learned, its that you get what you pay for. Yea its 20 dollars, but its forever, and incredibly stable. Your choice :]
    Last edited by syllableslayer; 10-03-09 at 04:21 PM.
    10-03-09 04:16 PM
    beejive dont even work on my 8350i when i downloaded the trial it said it could not connect some error there
    10-03-09 04:21 PM
    yeah i had the beejive trial and its awesome, but im not paying 20 dollars for a bb app lol. whats the blackberry app world? how do i download it or get there?
    10-05-09 12:55 AM
    can anyone gimme a link to download one of these IMs. everytime i go to download one, it wont dl because its not the right version or wont match up with the device. palringo downloaded and wont let me connect to the server. i need help asap
    10-05-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD