Hey guys, well I just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue and see if they've got a solution.

I'm able to sign in to AIM normally and get all my messages and everything; however, it logs me out after a while by itself without notifying (I see that I'm still online on my phone's end, but my friends on their computers can't see me online, and when I click refresh list it tells me that the session has expired and it logs me in again)

Thanks
    -Luis

I'm on Sprint with a Tour, I have a friend with a 8900 on T-Mobile and he doesn't seem to be experiencing this.
    11-17-09 02:55 PM
    I have a similar issue on my Javelin (8900 Curve) on AT&T. First, I notice that when I'm on a call, the keep-alives don't make it out (data or voice, not both), so I find that when I'd finish a long call, it would be in that state. I switched to IM+ and I find that following a long call, it logs me back in automatically. Occasionally, I still find that I have to log out and log back in again in order for comm to be restored. I've been working with SHAPE support to try to figure out why it is doing this and to perhaps improve the keep alive mechanism. If I get an answer I'll post it.
    11-17-09 03:29 PM
    The native aim app has behaved this way since the early versions. Only the aim app does this. yahoo, gtalk and wlm all keep me logged in all day no matter what. The aim app, it will appear that you're in, but then when you refresh it, it says you're logged out and there's no telling how long you've been logged out. If you're expecting a message, I'd refresh often to ensure that you're still on.
    11-17-09 03:36 PM
    I've had the stale AIM contact list issue for as long as I've had my Storm, but only since upgrading the OS to v5 has refreshing the list resulted in this "login session expired" error, and then I have to reconnect. Before I believe refreshing the list just refreshed the list, but at least you were still connected (even if you couldn't see anyone online). Now you have to restart the damn app every X hours, which would be fine if your Storm came with cron. I don't think it does, which makes the app pretty useless.
    12-09-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD