I really like the AIM application, but it seems like every so often it disconnects. But it doesn't warn me until after I try to send a message, so sometimes people get two, one or none of the same message. It reconnects though, but the disconnecting/reconnecting is random and frustrating. Anyone else have this issue?
    02-15-09 11:18 PM
    I have this issue with any and all the IM applications out there. Not sure what it is exactly that causes it, but I have grown tired of trying to send an IM only to then be updated saying the service has been disconnected.
    02-15-09 11:36 PM
    Thanks for the speedy response . Glad I'm not the only one with the problem, because at least I know the problem isn't my fault haha. It's annoying but I guess I'll have to deal with it.
    02-15-09 11:38 PM
    It is annoying. I have it too. I recently tried beejiveIM. It is 20$ but its good if u use more than just aim because it links all of the different screennames together. I didn't feel like dumping the $$$ bCuz I only use aim. However I did use there trial and it worked great. U should give it a try
    02-16-09 08:57 AM
    yea i've thought about investing in Beejive because i mainly use AIM but a lot of my friends have Yahoo messenger.
    02-16-09 09:10 AM
    I really like the AIM application, but it seems like every so often it disconnects. But it doesn't warn me until after I try to send a message, so sometimes people get two, one or none of the same message. It reconnects though, but the disconnecting/reconnecting is random and frustrating. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes- same problem here. The GTalk app-- which looks and feels similar in many ways--- does not seem to have this same problem.
    02-16-09 10:01 AM
    I hate this problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 12:17 AM
    My AIM hasn't worked for a few weeks. I keep getting the error message that there is an internal error. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, no luck.
    02-17-09 12:44 AM
    Use Beejive or Instango.
    02-17-09 12:45 AM
    Same problem here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 04:55 AM
    Same issue, it happens every 10-60 seconds, logged in and then immediately out of AIM. I am watching myself from a computer with an alternate AIM account. Here's the kicker, it happens even with battery COMPLETELY OUT of the storm, WTF? I've never seen anything like this before.
    04-01-09 01:03 AM
    yes i've had this happen. it's not just you.
    04-01-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD