hey just found out that my company's plan no longer covers using aim/icq on my blackberry, so the bill they got was pretty expensive even though we have unlimited internet. any point in denying using aim? anyway they can access your actual im's or is that type of info not released? can they just see dates and times?

i deleted the apps from my phone, but i'm not sure if i need to do anything else.

thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ec1989; 12-04-09 at 08:03 PM.
    12-04-09 07:51 PM
    It doesn't make sense that you'd be billed specifically for AIM and/or ICQ. They're just two of many apps that use the data stream.
    12-04-09 08:06 PM
    that's what i thought, but i called at&t and they said when they looked at the charges or usage, at first it looked like txt messages, but when they looked closer it was icq messages and the messages originated from my phone number I guess as the sender, and then went to another number as the receiver I guess. i thought the aim apps i had on my phone would be free, never got any kind of charges for using aim before. and i've never sent a txt message on it so i know they can't be confusing it with that. i don't get it.
    12-04-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD