Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    hey all I'm new to the forums and site.

So when the Tour first came out it came with AIM. I had to swap it for another cause the phone started giving me problems. Upon getting the new tour I saw that it didn't come with AIM so I went on a mission to download the app. Turns out there is no AIM for the tour, or is it just me?

I went to the AOL Mobile site and found a link to send the direct download from the blackberry browser and did that. AIM is downloaded on my phones drive but I can't find it anywhere.

Help?

Thanks, Alex.
    11-05-09 07:37 AM
    you may be able to get it from here
    http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

if not its on app world definatly
    11-05-09 08:08 AM
    if you cant get it there, from your blackberry, go to www.blackberry.com/aim
    11-05-09 08:12 AM
    also, i have looked on app world, idk why, but i cant find it on there....
    11-05-09 08:13 AM
    I know it's super weird and the tour isn't compatible with beejive. I tried blackberry.com/aim but that doesn't work either.
    11-05-09 08:26 AM
    i have verizon, and if u go to the "application center" folder its right there, aol instant messenger, i use it often. good luuck with this! application center folder is ur gold mine for it!
    11-05-09 08:32 AM
    i have verizon, and if u go to the "application center" folder its right there, aol instant messenger, i use it often. good luuck with this! application center folder is ur gold mine for it!
    Hey Erika it's not on there :/ I tried my downloads folder and every other folder just in case it was hidden. When I check my applications it shows AIM is installed but the icon & AIM itself is nowhere to be found.
    11-05-09 08:40 AM
    hmmm thats strange, i dont have experience with it being in applications and no where to be found....even if u search it? i wish i could help further, only thing i could suggest is re installing it...... doesnt make much sence sorry.
    11-05-09 08:54 AM
    You dont have a folder with IM applications right in it? My Tour (VZW) came with all of them right in there.
    11-05-09 09:05 AM
    You dont have a folder with IM applications right in it? My Tour (VZW) came with all of them right in there.
    I have a Social Networking folder which initially was home to AIM but when I got the new Tour it wasn't there. What gets me is how my bberry shows AIM is installed on my phone but nowhere to be found. The search module only searches for messages and not anything else so that doesn't work.
    11-05-09 09:32 AM
    hmmm thats strange, i dont have experience with it being in applications and no where to be found....even if u search it? i wish i could help further, only thing i could suggest is re installing it...... doesnt make much sence sorry.
    I tried that already, it still doesn't show up. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
    11-05-09 09:33 AM
    does anyone know how to add an avatar to the bb aim? I can add one to the bb yahoo but not aim.
    11-05-09 09:42 AM
    thats strange that this is occuring to you. what operating system are you running? idk maybe that has something to do with it? i have aim and am running the verizon stock os.
    11-05-09 10:41 AM
    if you cant get it there, from your blackberry, go to www.blackberry.com/aim
    AIM works on the Tour, and you should be able to install it from this link. If you can't find the icon, make sure it's not hidden. Check your subfolders as well.
    11-05-09 11:10 AM
    I know it's super weird and the tour isn't compatible with beejive.
    Yes it is. I've been using the trial.
    Originally posted by dj2big
    does anyone know how to add an avatar to the bb aim? I can add one to the bb yahoo but not aim.
    You might have to do that thru the desktop version. I'm not really sure.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 11-05-09 at 11:25 AM.
    11-05-09 11:23 AM
    Yeah, just reinstall it from the mobile.blackberry.com site.
    11-05-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD