Sometimes the AIM app will disconnect from the server. I won't know it until I actually refresh my buddy list. Anyone else get this issue? It seems its always been like this since I first got it, even with all the updates. Any way around it or perhaps have it reconnect automatically when it can?
    03-31-09 04:35 PM
    nope just happens.
    03-31-09 04:37 PM
    Mine does this too. It has since i downloaded the app.

Only" solution" i have to offer is to enable IM Forwarding. That way, when you get booted from the AIM app, you'll still get your IMs as a text.

This will also alert you that you have been booted. You'll still have to go back into AIM app and sign back on.

It's a really obnoxious issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-31-09 at 04:45 PM.
    03-31-09 04:41 PM
    Mine does this too. It has since i downloaded the app.

Only" solution" i have to offer is to enable IM Forwarding. That way, when you get booted from the AIM app, you'll still get your IMs as a text.

This will also alert you that you have been booted. You'll still have to go back into AIM app and sign back on.

It's a really obnoxious issue!

i could not figure out the aim forwarding. I went to mobile.aol.com and registered my number, but everytime i try to edit IM forwarding options it takes me to the same page every time that tells me to go to mobile settings. its like an endless loop.
    03-31-09 05:05 PM
    Is this the site you are looking at? (Make sure you have already logged into mobile.aol.com before clicking this link)

AOL Mobile - Mobile Applications and Cell Phones

Does it show a picture of the phone you selected? If so you are on the right page.

When I look at mine, I see a button that says "Unhide Settings" After clicking on that, I see all of the mobile delivery options.

The "Unhide Settings" arrow is just under edit phone.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 03-31-09 at 05:20 PM.
    03-31-09 05:17 PM
    Yes that's exactly what I see, when I click on Edit next to IM Forwarding, it just takes me back to the main page (I registered my phone, got the text and entered it correctly). Very strange. One thing though is I didn't actually select a phone since the Storm isn't listed as part of Verizon? I'm thinking that's the reason why I'm not seeing the options. I've tried several browsers (Safari/IE/FF), all with the same results.
    03-31-09 05:30 PM
    Do you have a pop-up blocker??

If you do that could be causing it, because the edit options will be in a pop up window.

Either add aol to your trusted sites or disable popup blocker
    03-31-09 05:36 PM
    Do you have the AIM application on your PC??

If so this is ALOT easier to manage.

From AIM app click Edit > Settings

This will launch the AIM settings applicaiton.

Click on Mobile tab at right and all your on/off settings are there
    03-31-09 05:41 PM
    nope just happens.
    The reason it "Just Happens" is because your phone has lost communication with the AIM servers. This can happen when you lose signal, lose data coverage, or are travelling between towers.

I drive around all day, and noticed that I would get logged out when I was driving, if I was in a more rural area and the signal got really low.
    03-31-09 05:44 PM
    i think it's a flaw with the AIM app itself. i've been in good coverage areas and it still randomly logs me off.

Even when i've been in the same place, good coverage ALL day.

03-31-09 05:51 PM
    It very well could be a flaw in the app, and all the other stuff too
    03-31-09 05:58 PM
    Bug in the AIM client software, as it doesn't even detect the lost connection to automatically reconnect. No fix available yet as of today.

I know that AIM randomly disconnects even when I do not move (ie. no change to cell towers/signal strength) since I put an alert on my desktop client whenever my BB AIM goes offline.
    03-31-09 06:17 PM
    it could be a drop in reception on your phone. It requires your user credentials to authenticate through AOL's servers and during that time where its authenticating and you have no reception it'll disconnect as a last resort.
    03-31-09 06:32 PM
    same thing happens to me!! i still think i'm on since i see my BL, but when i refresh, it doesnt refresh which is when i KNOW i am not on..and all those ims are lost!! even when I have aim forwarding....it doesnt go thru, i tested it when i realized that my BL wouldnt refresh and NO messages came thru wish there was a fix!
    04-26-09 02:25 PM
    I've got AIM forwarding to work finally, but this issue of disconnecting from the server without any notice is sort of annoying. At the very least the program should check if it's still connected every minute or so and if not reconnect. I hope they fix this program.
    05-20-09 08:09 PM
    I get this too. Do the other aim options (IM+, Instango, Beejive) suffer from disconnects due to idle activity? I hate thinking I'm online only to touch Aim and be knocked off due to being idle.
    05-20-09 09:34 PM
    I've got AIM forwarding to work finally, but this issue of disconnecting from the server without any notice is sort of annoying. At the very least the program should check if it's still connected every minute or so and if not reconnect. I hope they fix this program.
    Glad you got forwarding to work, so at least now you will at least get messages when you have been disconnected.

I agree it would be nice if they had an option for auto reconnect that actually worked right.
    05-21-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD