04-07-10 04:27 PM
30 12
tools
    How is Aim on the 8900?

I use to have a sidekick on my second line but was so over it, So I sold my sidekick 08 and went through a BlackBerry storm which was a POS. TRUE STORY.

Maybe because I use the iPhone 3g as my main phone and the Storm was not cutting it for me??

any who. I love the aim on the Danger network/sidekick OS. THE BEST IMO.

any who.

Just wondering how the aim on the 8900 is. does it stay connected?

pictures/screen shots anyone?
    01-28-09 01:24 AM
    I use AIM with BeeJive and it works great. No complaints.
    01-28-09 01:30 AM
    the AIM pre-installed app on the 8900 works pretty well, so far it has stay connected continously and has not logged me out.
    01-28-09 09:10 AM
    cool.

Thanks guys!!!!

My 8900 is on the ups truck as we speak..

Man it's going to be a long day at work...

And I think my stuff I ordered for it on eBay will be here today too!!!

Yay yerrrrr
    01-28-09 11:54 AM
    I liked AIM on the sidekick too...that was the one good thing about sks.

Beejive is the best though, you can change your status and read buddy info. I couldn't do that on my sidekick 08.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:58 AM
    I know how you feel I was anxious last week waiting on my 8900 to get here but it was so worth the wait
    01-28-09 12:04 PM
    Oh em gee..it's at my house..wtf.so excited..only took a day to get here with regular shipping...

Ugh I feel sick, I think I need to go home early.
    01-28-09 01:41 PM
    where do i find BeeJive ?
    01-29-09 10:18 AM
    where do i find BeeJive ?
    If you go to beejive dot com, you'll be able to find it. It is $19.95 for blackberry.

(sorry, not allowed to post links yet)

Beejive
    Instant Messaging Anywhere!
    * Stay connected to all of your instant messaging buddies on all of your IM accounts, anywhere you go.
    * Save money by sending instant messages over your data plan and reducing text messages used. No SMS charges!
    * Simultaneously IM on AIM, iChat, MobileMe, MSN/Windows Live, Yahoo!, MySpace, GoogleTalk, ICQ, & Jabber.

Hope this helps!
    01-29-09 10:26 AM
    I liked AIM on the sidekick too...that was the one good thing about sks.

Beejive is the best though, you can change your status and read buddy info. I couldn't do that on my sidekick 08.

But can you see icons & have you own icon aswell?
    & you have to pay for this Beejive?
    02-18-09 11:16 PM
    For a standard free aim app it works very well for the 8900. Unlike the AIM on the kick, the curve can accept file transfers and has some other features you can use.

02-18-09 11:32 PM
    i actually dislike the aim client thats preloaded on the 8900. coming from a sidekick lx, i was able to see status and away messages without having to click on the buddy user, and also know if they were on a computer, phone, or a sidekick. i find myself using aim less now because i cant see peoples away messages.

perhaps i shouldnt be a lurker, lol, but hey, its my buddylist! lol.
    02-19-09 02:32 AM
    Yeah i have a sidekick LX and i plan on getting the 8900 . . so i dont understand the whole Beejive thing. doesnt aim come with your plan whats the point of buying the Beejive? ..and is there anything that the sidekick has on aim that the curve doesnt ?
    05-16-09 04:51 PM
    aim is great......it doesnt log you out. i had an LX. now i live in NYC and when you go underground in the subway it logs you out with the BB you stay logged in and when you regain service you get all your IM's.
    05-16-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah i have a sidekick LX and i plan on getting the 8900 . . so i dont understand the whole Beejive thing. doesnt aim come with your plan whats the point of buying the Beejive? ..and is there anything that the sidekick has on aim that the curve doesnt ?
    The AIM that comes with the BB isn't good. But you can buy Beejive (app) which is 20 times better and let's you see aways, icons, send files, etc.
    05-16-09 05:39 PM
    The big part of beejive is that it's a multi Im client. Can do aim yahoo, gtalk, jabber, amongst the others all in one app so it won't' kill your battery and stays organized. The ui on beejive is real slick and the app is great and rocksolid imo, well worth the 20 or 30 bucks depending on which license you buy.

05-16-09 07:41 PM
    I do not get my ims when I do not get connection, its forever lost, it also appears I'm online to me and others but I won't receive my messages unless I log out and log back in, might only happens when you log on for more than a couple hours, trying out beejive and it's so much better!

05-16-09 08:27 PM
    I definitely recommend doing the free trail Beejive offers. No phone can beat the Sidekick's IM Clients. I have been with the Sidekicks since '06 and have went through the Sidekick iD, Sidekick 3, Sidekick Slide, and Sidekick LX.

BeeJive is the closest thing to Sidekick's Aim in my opinion .

-Luis
    05-16-09 08:57 PM
    I use AIM on IM+ and it works super. Like IM+ better than BeeJive because it's the only all-in-one app that also offers Skype.

05-16-09 10:01 PM
    just dont keep "auto-sign in" on. it will drain your battery very quickly and keeps you signed in ALL the time.
    05-17-09 12:15 AM
    wow last time, person replied on 02-19-2009 till now someone bring it up..

what more? AIM can save your conversation/ chat into media card or device memory, depend on which one you select for save it on either. you can view history chat.

So, AIM need some more feature improvement..
    05-17-09 04:00 AM
    sidekick aim is the BEST. aim on the 8900 is cool.. cant really see peoples away messages like with the sidekick.. and sometimes the aim has to reconnect or refresh.. but otherwise, it isnt bad at all. not like the iphone aim which sucks.
    05-18-09 04:36 AM
    Sidekick AIM i have to admit is the best.. The blackberry Stock AIM is ok for the everyday user..Beejive i havent use since i ahd my 8310 but when i had use it before it was a serious battery killer. i use to have it on my iphone...But i liked it UI over all and icons was flawless..If you dont AIM alot or is a big aimer the stock is great for all of that..but if you want to go a little bit advance go for beejive..btw you can use status msg on the aim on bbs
    05-18-09 06:24 AM
    Beejive rocks but it's quite pricey.
    05-18-09 08:17 AM
    if you like the sidekick aim, which i used ot love,
    then you wont like the BB aim. you an set away messages but you cant view oher peoples aways unless you im them and receive it as auto response. you cant set buddy icons. but thats the only differences
    05-18-09 08:22 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD