seriously, besides beejive whats the next best thing???
    08-17-09 09:49 PM
    Beejive is the best that I have tried. After my trial is up in 5 days I will try IM+. Both obviously cost money, which is fine with me. I just want to see how IM+ compares to Beejive.
    08-17-09 10:01 PM
    Hmmm ... Good question. I make extensive use of videocalling. On the laptop, I find that AIM has the best call quality. Another one that's pretty good quality though not so well known is called oovo. On the Blackberry, AIM, msn, and yahoo all seem to work equally as well. I like that on AIM I can be logged in on my laptop and my mobile at the same time and receive messages at both locations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 10:08 PM
    What about the actual AIM app for blackberry? Not working well? Go to www.blackberry.com/aim on your bb browser
    08-17-09 10:17 PM
    I think it works great on my Blackberry. I like it the most!

ps -- I guess I should have added that the yahoo mobile has a feature the others don't seem to have: I can send and receive messages while invisible.
    Last edited by Tnis; 08-17-09 at 10:25 PM.
    08-17-09 10:20 PM
    ehh, the regular aim app on my bb works but thats about all it does ... i guess once you go beejive theres no turning back !
    08-17-09 10:26 PM
    Wait so you want something that doesn't work
    08-17-09 10:31 PM
    I've been playing with Palringo since my BeJive and IM+ trials have ended. It is free. It's not horrible, but not nearly as polished as BeJive.
    Some people I've talked to complain about it losing its connection frequently, but I haven't experienced this problem.

I'll probably end up just dropping the cash on BeJive in the end.
    Last edited by BerryEnvy; 08-17-09 at 10:37 PM. Reason: can't spell "free"
    08-17-09 10:33 PM
    I'm looking at the beejive site on my laptop right now, and it does look pretty good. Seems it's cross platform. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

08-17-09 10:34 PM
    Wait so you want something that doesn't work
    lol i just meant it was dull... especially compared to beejive
    08-17-09 10:45 PM
    Oh I know, I was just teasin' ya. BeeJive's coo...
    08-17-09 11:16 PM
    There are a few...

EQO
    WebMessenger
    Instango
    08-18-09 03:01 AM
    I think the default apps are they way to go, as they are the most integrated with the BB OS. Just my opinion, however.

08-18-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD