Ok

First I want to say this is my first post on CB... YAY! You guys are a wealth of knowledge I need to tap into.

2nd, I hate to beat a dead horse but I've searched on CB and google many times with no avail.

Let me preface my stupid notification on facebook question with this...:

My facebook, 1.2, has ran well for the last 2 months. I've received notifications on just about everything. On facebook (pc), my email account is setup as my blackberry email ([email protected]) and I have just about all the main notifications set to message my phone.

I used to get the nice little ring and vibrate and red star next to the FB app. Yesterday it all stopped. I checked my FB on my pc and had like 12 notifications, all new, but none on my phone.

I had my wife send me a wall post and didn't get it on my phone. I rechecked all settings online and on my phone. I logged out on my phone and re-logged on. No avail.

I resent service books and all that but to no avail. Pulled battery and left it over night as well as a soft-reset.

This is so annoying. I dont get it. Again, I hate to beat a dead horse but does anyone have these problems or am I the only one, and is there a cure, or do I just wait it out.

Thanks again guys,

Scott

PS: upset I didn't win the free BB. Oh well, nexttime!
    03-12-09 05:16 PM
    I forgot to mention that within the app on my BB, I can use everything just fine. See status updates, update my status, write messages. I just dont get any updates/notifications! ugh!
    03-12-09 05:17 PM
    same here. both my storm and bold stopped receiving notifications since 10pm PST last night. I see on CB that we're not alone.
    03-12-09 05:23 PM
    same here. both my storm and bold stopped receiving notifications since 10pm PST last night. I see on CB that we're not alone.
    I hope it gets fixed soon. Everytime I searched this subject, it showed from 2008 right before the 1.2 update came out. Maybe somethings happening with 1.5 but last I checked, 1.2 is still the current one.

Damn these problems... Anyone got a fix, or anyone else with these problems!
    03-12-09 05:25 PM
    Ever try logging in to facebook on the browser? First time I did it I knew I'd never use that stupid application ever again. Give it a try.
    03-12-09 05:26 PM
    Ever try logging in to facebook on the browser? First time I did it I knew I'd never use that stupid application ever again. Give it a try.
    I have bud, but the application (when working) is much easier and I dont have to flick my thumb 7 times to go to the bottom of the web page. I'm not a huge internet browser on my BB.

Too much work that way to send a message or something.

I would rather have the FB app working correctly.
    03-12-09 05:28 PM
    I'll hand ya that, there is a ton of thumb flicking. Good luck with the application that everyone seems to have trouble with but continues to use!
    03-12-09 05:30 PM
    I've been using the FB app for awhile now and this is the first problem I've encountered with it. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    03-12-09 05:32 PM
    Anybody else have anything to contribute?
    03-12-09 05:34 PM
    im at a loss here... getting some notifications (replies to my status)

not getting facebook messages, pokes, event invites

this started this morning for me
    03-12-09 06:43 PM
    im at a loss here... getting some notifications (replies to my status)

not getting facebook messages, pokes, event invites

this started this morning for me
    Now that you mention it, I did get a reply from a friend to my current status this morning... but nothing else seems to work...

Still the conundrum I think.

Hope there is a fix out there someone knows about, or the update comes out soon!
    03-12-09 06:47 PM
    Now that you mention it, I did get a reply from a friend to my current status this morning... but nothing else seems to work...

Still the conundrum I think.

Hope there is a fix out there someone knows about, or the update comes out soon!

i hear ya

btw im not sure if notifications regarding wall posts are coming through,(I disable my wall)
    03-12-09 06:50 PM
    I have virtually everything go to my phone and nothing, with the exception of that status reply this morning, is working...
    03-12-09 06:52 PM
    I don't know if this is related or not, but on the regular Facebook site, my News Feed is repeating items... so maybe Facebook is having issues in general, and not just with the BB app?
    03-12-09 09:21 PM
    i dont get pokes but i do get messages... just a question, do you get emails to an email address that pushes to your blackberry?

when i blocked the fb notifications from my email address, i stopped getting notifications... i had to unblock it, then the notifications came back...
    03-12-09 09:37 PM
    i dont get pokes but i do get messages... just a question, do you get emails to an email address that pushes to your blackberry?

when i blocked the fb notifications from my email address, i stopped getting notifications... i had to unblock it, then the notifications came back...
    Yes I get push email, not for the last two replies oddly enough, but yes I do get push email. The facebook email goes to my sprint.blackberry.net email address. I haven't filtered that email for anything so it should work.

Essentially, the way my curve was setup when it was working 2 months ago with FB, nothing has changed.

As someone stated above, its probably a problem with FB itself and not the BB or BB app.
    03-12-09 09:41 PM
    everything seems back to normal for me
    03-12-09 10:30 PM
    hopefully fb 1.5 will be out soon and your problem will be squared away
    03-12-09 10:40 PM
    You know, as far as the FB website is concerned �or any website for that matter) you can simply press the letter "t" to get to the top of the page, or "b" for bottom, as well as "s" to go left or "f" to go right, respictively. The t, and b shortcut keys are built into most apps, and also work in the phonebook, in the messages/emails lists, etc etc. You can also press the space bar to scroll down. I don't know if you, or others were aware of this.

As far as your FB notifications...when I upgraded to Sprint 4.5.0.135, I did notice that some of my profile settings were changed. I had to go into Profiles, and reset the phone ringer, messages, and something else...can't remember. Have you done this? I know you mentioned that the little red star notification is not showing up either...that wouldn't have anything to do with the Profile settings on your berry. If all else fails...simply delete the app (your berry will ask to reboot after deleting-click yes) and once you're back up and running, re-install the app.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Michael

Oh, btw...I noticed FB recently changed some things on their website...I believe the changes are mostly cosmetic, but you might want to tinker around in the notifications tab and see if anything has changed.

Also, your login email does not have to be your BB email...I use my gmail account to login, but then went ahead and added my sprint.blackberry.net email to the notifications tab on the website...and they deliver to the FB app just fine.

...and I dont have to flick my thumb 7 times to go to the bottom of the web page...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 10:59 PM
    Uninstall and re install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:46 PM
    Well, all seems back to normal... maybe something wrong with FB's email server or something. I dunno, they need this fixed I think...
    03-13-09 01:45 AM
    Facebook just went through yet another update in terms of the user interface layout...sometimes when they do this your notification settings get reset to default or all set to no...log on to the site via a pc and check your notification settings.
    03-13-09 05:34 AM
    hey guys;
    I just got a blackberry tour and for 2 days I couldnt see my notifications or messages?? I logged out to try again but I havent logged in yet...
    Whats wrong with it??
    did I do something or its a general problem????
    01-09-10 05:04 PM
    I haven't noticed any issues. Are you running the 4.7 official OS? If so, I cannot help you because I have been running 5.0 leaked OS hybrids since mid-December 2009.

What version of FB are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?
    01-09-10 05:09 PM
    as I sait I am new in that blackberries =))
    I think it's v4.7.1...
    and nope I havent tried re-installing I'm doing right now...
    01-09-10 05:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD