I upgraded to .526 yesterday and everything went well. But, I lost the magnifying glass (search) app. Unless I use the stock theme with the search button on the home screen I have no capability to Search. Can someone tell me how to get it back so I can go back to using other themes. Thank you.
    04-16-11 08:49 AM
    When themers go away from the default layout(with all the panes) the search icon sometimes goes awol(no way to get it to show either).

Only thing you can do is set "Launch By Typing" to universal search(from the homescreen press the BB button and go to options). This way every time you just start typing(from the homescreen) search will be launched automatically.
    newcollector likes this.
    04-16-11 09:31 AM
    When themers go away from the default layout(with all the panes) the search icon sometimes goes awol(no way to get it to show either).

Only thing you can do is set "Launch By Typing" to universal search(from the homescreen press the BB button and go to options). This way every time you just start typing(from the homescreen) search will be launched automatically.
    Learn something new everyday...thanks homer1475. I keep lurking here and pretty soon I will graduate from being a newbie!
    04-16-11 09:35 AM
    Only problem with launch by typing, If your used to keyboard shortcuts(like I am coming from an older BB). This negates that function, kinda of a pita tbh.
    04-16-11 04:40 PM
    Hitting the "S" key will launch Universal Search if you use keyboard shortcuts, but adding to what homer said, sometimes the themers wreak this too.
    04-16-11 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD