Hi there, I got a notification through on my Blackberry earlier today asking me if I'd like to update my phone from "Version 6.0 Bundle 2554 to 6.0 Bundle 2949", I didn't see the harm, so did so.

2 hours later and it's all sorted, can't tell a difference to be fair (gathering it's just a slight firmware update), can use it all fine - happy days. However, every time I now open up the Twitter application on the phone itself, my phone just freezes and I have to Battery Pull it to restart.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the application twice now, with no avail.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can sort this out? As to be honest, it's doing my head in, I use the Twitter app shed loads aha. Cheers in advance.
    04-24-12 06:16 AM
    Sorry to double post, not sure how to edit posts on here.

Just did a Factory Reset, set up my E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter as you do when you first get your phone, opened the Twitter app, boom, frozen again. Eh!?

Also got an error message saying "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_twitter(260) is not responding; process terminated"
    04-24-12 11:06 AM
    Did you resolve this? I had exactly the same problem. I tried deleting and reinstalling twitter a couple of times but still always locks up the phone when trying to use twitter app.
    One thing I found is that a battery pull to unhang BB is not necessary: the app switcher still works and will take you back to the home screen, and twitter will exit in the background after a while

Let me know if you find a fix as twitter is my most used app

Sorry to double post, not sure how to edit posts on here.

Just did a Factory Reset, set up my E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter as you do when you first get your phone, opened the Twitter app, boom, frozen again. Eh!?

Also got an error message saying "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_twitter(260) is not responding; process terminated"
    04-26-12 02:42 AM
    Yeah I eventually managed to resolve it myself, bit gutted that 175 people had viewed this and not even one person had anything to say on the issue whatsoever, considering this is meant to be one of the best places to come on the internet for Blackberry related stuff.

What had happened is that I'd updated my firmware, and with that there was a new update for BBM ( which hadn't come through on my phone ), and every time I tried to use an application the new BBM notifier was trying to link it in with BBM, but with that version being outdated I'm guessing my phone got confused and just crashed. Last night I got a notification through that I needed to update my BBM, did so, and everything's working absolutely fine. Hope this helps dude.
    04-26-12 04:02 AM
    Just read this and glad you got it sorted out. My first response would have been to check for updates manually on app world after any update. They do take time to show up. Thanks for posting the solution.
    04-26-12 09:32 AM
    Last year at around this exact time, I casually installed a Twitter update (notification came from BB App World) and my Blackberry crashed so badly that no number of battery pulls could fix the problem. I had to remove the battery, connect the battery-less phone to my computer, and reinstall everything (with the battery in, I got a "desktop manager cannot communicate with the device" message - then, partway through reinstalling everything, I had to put the battery back in before desktop manager would continue).

Last night, another Twitter update came my way, this time from within the app itself. I foolishly accepted the update, and again my Blackberry crashed so badly that after about 20 battery pulls and a bunch of other desperate strategies, I had to give up and reinstall everything.

I saw this thread and I'm wondering if there's a specific issue with the Twitter app. I am afraid to install it again. I don't want to go through all the work of reinstalling all my software.

For the record, I often have "uncaught exception" errors and minor crashes when updating apps. It happens about one in every three or four times I update an app. But after about 4 or 5 battery pulls, eventually I'm able to use the Blackberry again. With these two major crashes, however, Twitter was the app that triggered the issue (there may have even been a third one, last summer, now that I think of it).

Now I'm doing without Twitter. No big deal, as I don't use it much. But I still like to use it once in a while, so I am hoping this will eventually be resolved. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experience. I am very wary of installing Twitter now.
    05-01-12 10:02 PM
    I had the same problem. My app world, twitter, bbm was outdated. Whenever I updated it took forever to download the app, it eventually crashed with the same error. First I cleared the cache, thereafter loaded each application at a time, starting with app world, restarted and then loaded the next one. Seemed to be fine after that. I had 7 apps, it was quite frustrating.
    05-02-12 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD