Please post here with your requests for features for upcoming versions of Alerts. All ideas will be considered equally. Stability and simplicity of use are primary goals.

Emailed feature requests:

• Hot keys for button options: available in 1.1.1
    • Disable popup when holstered: functionality provided in partnership with AutoStandby
    • Dismiss all button: available as of 1.1.2 (press "A" to dismiss All)
    Last edited by aerize; 11-24-08 at 07:19 PM.
    10-24-08 01:58 PM
    Option to not turn on the screen if it is off and/or an option to not display the alert unless the screen is on (so I don't have to go through 10 alerts I missed before I can do something else).
    10-24-08 02:39 PM
    I would this soo to be able to show new emails that come through the gmail app if possible, even though these don't show in the message folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 03:00 PM
    My only question is: whose idea was it to make you scroll down to read the preview and scroll back up to deal with it? It took me like 5 minutes the first time after the update.

Other than that, I'm not sure about any of the other updates.
    10-30-08 12:28 PM
    I like the update it seems more stable. I haven't noticed the memory leak yet but if I do I'll report them. I have 2 issues:

1. I wish there was a choice to change the buttons back to the bottom of the pop up. I usually scroll down to read the message and it doesn't make sense to have to scroll up again.

2. I wish there was an option for the pop up to wake up the phone, I really liked that feature. I'd rather have this feature be an option wheras the buttons I'd rather just want on the bottom.

If you could support MMS in the feature too, that would be great.

10-30-08 12:31 PM
    To the first thread posted by Aerize, all of those features would be perfect, especially the holster one.

10-30-08 02:16 PM
    I haven't had much problems with this yet, but I was wondering will you add a feature to block certain contacts so they won't pop up in the "only show if" column. I just don't want certain contact names popping up when I receive emails from.
    10-30-08 06:19 PM
    Also, please could you change the buttons back to the layout before, the 2 rows is not as nice.

One more addition, would be hotkeys for dismissing pop ups or creating actions, i.e. (M for mark read, F for forward, d for dismiss (stops led from blinking), del for delete, o for open, n for next, a for mark all read, etc)
    Last edited by tom1l21; 11-03-08 at 10:22 PM.
    11-02-08 11:36 PM
    Great update, the program is much more responsive and doesn't lag at all.

List of future requests:
    1.)List of the hotkeys incorporated into this update?
    2.)"d" be "dismiss" and "del" be "delete"
    3.)mark read for text messages
    4.)dismissal of led alert when messages marked read
    5.)"r" for "reply" to either sms or text message, possibly "f" for "forward"
    6.)bring back light up backlight when alert comes up as an option
    7.)allow for buttons to be in "list" as well as on "bottom" at the same time.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 11-06-08 at 02:41 PM.
    11-06-08 02:20 PM
    I also wish that when it goes to the email inbox, it didn't go to "incoming" messages, but simply "email" messages. The "incoming" messages box has phone calls and sms messages in it.
    11-10-08 06:45 PM
    Please post here with your requests for features for upcoming versions of Alerts. All ideas will be considered equally. Stability and simplicity of use are primary goals.

Emailed feature requests:

• Hot keys for button options: available in 1.1.1
    • Disable popup when holstered
    • Dismiss all button (for current functionality: hit open, then back)
    Hmm am I missing something
    Disable popup when holstered doesn't seem to work for me on v1.1.1
    Is there a setting to disable pop when holstered so my Curve doesn't freeze up?
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-13-08 at 10:46 PM.
    11-13-08 06:22 PM
    Disable popup when holstered doesn't seem to work for me on v1.1.1
    Yeah, that feature doesn't exist yet. Although if you have the most recent version of AutoStandby installed, we've partnered them to allow a feature in their application to disable us when AutoStandby is activated.
    11-17-08 01:08 PM
    Yeah, that feature doesn't exist yet. Although if you have the most recent version of AutoStandby installed, we've partnered them to allow a feature in their application to disable us when AutoStandby is activated.
    I'm not quite sure that is the same as disabling when holstered. If you disable it when autostandby is activated, you're essentially disabling aerize alerts altogether because alerts is always active.
    11-17-08 05:56 PM
    Great update, the program is much more responsive and doesn't lag at all.

List of future requests:
    1.)List of the hotkeys incorporated into this update?
    2.)"d" be "dismiss" and "del" be "delete"
    3.)mark read for text messages
    4.)dismissal of led alert when messages marked read
    5.)"r" for "reply" to either sms or text message, possibly "f" for "forward"
    6.)bring back light up backlight when alert comes up as an option
    7.)allow for buttons to be in "list" as well as on "bottom" at the same time.
    i second this. I have both peekawho and aerize. And this is the only feature that keep me from using only Aerize.
    11-18-08 05:18 PM
    i second this. I have both peekawho and aerize. And this is the only feature that keep me from using only Aerize.
    Is that to say that you don't want it to wake, but it is? As mentioned previously, if AutoStandby 2.2.0+ is installed you can now disable AutoStandby's "third party interactions" option and then Alerts won't wake the device about incoming messages.
    11-24-08 04:37 PM
    aerize ,whens the next update for the most popular downloaded app at Crackberry.?
    Fingers crossed on holster sleep
    11-24-08 05:34 PM
    Ok sir I had the Aerize pop and i was loving it. I bought the store and transfered all my information to the storm. As you know Aerize was link to my Pearl and I had to delete it off my Storm cause it woudn't work. I went to back to where I got it and I see no option to input my new pin number. How am I to get it back w/o paying for it again? You can PM me with the answer.
    Last edited by sam123gil; 11-24-08 at 06:06 PM.
    11-24-08 05:59 PM
    I ask when updates going to be released and 30 min later I get the 1.1.2 update email notification lol
    Thanks aerize
    11-24-08 06:20 PM
    Hope you like the new one!

Sam: Email the vendor you purchased from with your new PIN. They'll be able to set you up.
    11-24-08 06:47 PM
    I don't have pictures of people, so I would like the ability to disable the picture appearing so there's more room for text.

I would also like to disable the pop-up if my device is on the homescreen or in the message inbox. I have a today plus theme, so my new messages are already previewed on the homescreen, and I think not having a pop-up while in the message inbox is self-explanatory.

Otherwise the perfect app. I really like the AutoStandBy interaction. That is why I chose Aerize over PeekAHoo.

Last edited by handbra; 11-25-08 at 11:19 AM.
    11-24-08 10:48 PM
    just downloaded this program and I love it, only thing I can think of is, and I apologize if someone has already addressed this, will there be any way in the future when recieving a SMS message for it to take you to the SMS/MMS folder, for those of us that have them seperated from our Messages folder? oh and MMS would be awesome, know it would be hard to VIEW the multimedia, but a pop up letting us know its there would rock, thanks for a GREAT program
    11-25-08 04:59 PM
    I use my Bold for several weeks now and there is at least one missing feature about Blackberries in general, which drives me crazy and I desperately hope Aerize Alerts will be able solve it.

My Bold is in the charging station all time when I am in the office. After plugging in (connect via USB) the display either shows the silly clock or turns black, which is unuseful as well. Now, thanks to Aerize Alerts I get at least informed about incoming mails while using the charging-pod, but the display turns black again after a while.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I did not find any option to display the notification of the mails permanently.

This feature would be highly appreciated by me and obviously by many other bb-addicts using a charging-pod all day as well.
    11-26-08 05:12 AM
    This may be dumb.. but i wish it would work with my Gmail. I have the app so i wouldnt use BIS with it. but It would still be cool to get pop ups for that email..
    11-26-08 07:44 AM
    I would like to be able to reply & delete sms from the pop-up like e-mail.

11-26-08 03:11 PM
    Hi all, maybe I can save someone a little frustration like I just had.
    I had downloaded the demo version of Aerize, liked it and purchased it. Then they came out with the update(1.1.2) Finally figured out the best way to get your update after very little help from them is to:
    Go to their site
    Select the "try" tab
    Hook up your BB
    and D/L the product.
    Once this is done, and you are powered back up, find the Aerize icon, open the program, scroll down to "serial code" and enter the original code you were given when you purchased the product.
    11-26-08 05:14 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD