03-23-10 10:15 PM
60 123
tools
    Doesn't sound so bad...I think I can take it like a man. You only live once right? Just have to brush up on my backup skills, I know theres tricks to back up even 3rd party apps, saw it on here, if you can believe that lol. Most apps are from crackberry, but a few aren't.....so a total backup would be best
    Actually everyone in the ALPHA should go download BBSAK 1.7. Its the latest version of a tool that allows you to backup your 3rd party applications, preferences, etc. It also lets you wipe the device and reinstall an OS right from the same program. Very useful. I use DM to backup all of my contacts, messages, etc. and then BBSAK for the applications.

BE CAREFUL though. If the ALPHA builds are included in the backup you make with BBSAK (as they will be) you will be reinstalling the thing that has caused you the problems in the first place. You will need to make sure that the ALPHA is removed BEFORE you do a backup of the other applications. To play it safe, one might want to make a backup of their 3rd party apps immediately before you install the ALPHA. Then, so long as you don't download any new applications, you can use the same 3rd party backup file throughout the ALPHA testing.

I will hopefully over the next couple days be building up a "disaster kit" for everyone. That way, if something goes bad with the ALPHA and you have some directions to fall back upon for putting the pieces back together. Most people doing this would already know how to do these kinds of things though. What do you guys think.
    03-22-10 01:10 PM
    Step by step disaster plans are good even for those that know what they are doing, kinda like a preflight check list. Even better for those of us that think we know but really just wing it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 01:20 PM
    That is very generous of you. Actually I'm having trouble with the BBSAK 1.7....not sure what it is. But you are correct, do a before and after back up. CYA&BB.
    03-22-10 01:22 PM
    Step by step disaster plans are good even for those that know what they are doing, kinda like a preflight check list. Even better for those of us that think we know but really just wing it.
    Ill do that then. Ill try to get something throughout this week.

03-22-10 05:13 PM
    Woohoo can't wait to get home now

03-23-10 10:26 AM
    Needed it this morning. But I can't wait for your effort, it may happen again.
    03-23-10 09:39 PM
    What's the issue smoke?

03-23-10 09:41 PM
    The issue that is being discussed in GG.....I have no idea what safe mode is in a BB, windows yes....however I did recover by doing a restore....I will post a more detailed issue report but I've been on the road over 8 hours and I have to get up early to be in Missouri by mid afternoon. Ugghh. BTW..that is the first tine my BB has ever locked up, yuck.
    03-23-10 10:09 PM
    Guess I got lucky

03-23-10 10:11 PM
    Yes you were, bow40....it was a real PIA!
    03-23-10 10:15 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD