Please consider this. I wouldn't have spend the past couple of hours typing reams of text on a forum unless I really, really thought there was a point....
    Email me to finalize this
    12-01-12 04:50 AM
    ESCAPE deletes current popup
    ANSWER BUTTON deletes all popups of that nature and opens either sms inbox, email inbox, or bbm as appropriate
    HANGUP BUTTON deletes all similar popups only
    MENU BUTTON opens popup manager, and again deletes all popups
    SPACE KEY runs the 'r' shortcut (which already functions beautifully).
    Message arrives, there's a popup. I'm not interested, in that just now, so I'll press escape, and carry on. Another message arrives, I click the call button, the popup vanishes and I'm looking at my inbox. I deal with the messages, and return to the homescreen. Another message appears, I hit space, get a cool menu, choose a reply and the popups vanish. Brilliant !

Point taken on the trackpad button, I don't use the onscreen buttons so I never thought of that :P

When it comes to actually opening the inbox, the way the app seems to work at the moment looks like it opens messenging, then flips over to sms inbox. This was the 'doubling up' I referred to earlier. However, on my homescreen, I have 2 icons labelled "Text Messages" (which looks like a phone with a little yellow post-it note) and "Messages" (which looks like a white envelope). Clicking on these shows the correct inbox immediately, no reloading, no refresh, no doubling up. Will using the CALL BUTTON be able to access the correct inbox/bbm in the same way?

Thanks for taking the time to read my drivel, the support here really is top notch. For most other apps, feature requests are just pipe-dreams a lot of the time.
    12-01-12 04:51 AM
    And after a few swift emails from the man himself, I now have a new version of the app installed with the changes I requested. Absolutely amazing support. Never experienced anything quite like it.

*claps*
    12-01-12 06:03 AM
    Simply Amazing support ! I am yet to see an app developer giving this kind of support......Keep it going, Sultan.
    Well i had received an upgrade prompt via appworld and have done the same.I have the paid version.

I have a suggestion though, if you can add the screen lock feature within the app ?
    AOS at present has this feature while one is on call but would love to have an option to lock the screen to prevent accidental calls. I use slide2open app and it is a good app but did have a few issues when i upgraded to .746 OS, though it has been solved but would like AOS to have this feature, if it is possible please do consider !
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-01-12 06:40 AM
    I have a suggestion though, if you can add the screen lock feature within the app ?
    AOS at present has this feature while one is on call but would love to have an option to lock the screen to prevent accidental calls. I use slide2open app and it is a good app but did have a few issues when i upgraded to .746 OS, though it has been solved but would like AOS to have this feature, if it is possible please do consider !
    Did you try the new Quick Password Lock feature ? if you dont like the built-in password lock and you are only worried about making accidental outgoing calls, then use "Call Dial Confirm" under Phone Features.

if you still think its not what you want then maybe im missing something, let me know.
    maxx71 and go1ndr like this.
    12-01-12 01:45 PM
    DJ wolf had some awesome ideas. I just wish you could make the notifications have Another alternative choice as using Toasts. Yours are kind of big take up too much space and it's like an "in your face" type of popup. I like subtle. I mean even BB10 is going with toast notifications.

Right now I am using BerryBuz just for the Toasts but that app is having too many issues and the beta version just expired today. License users can't even continue using the app at all, it just closes.
    12-01-12 07:14 PM
    DJ wolf had some awesome ideas. I just wish you could make the notifications have Another alternative choice as using Toasts. Yours are kind of big take up too much space and it's like an "in your face" type of popup. I like subtle. I mean even BB10 is going with toast notifications.
    Every app has its own pros and cons, i usually think of technical aspect of features rather than the looks of it, cause Blackberry users are more productive and keyboard oriented, however i still try to provide some options to change the looks of some of the features i have.

i already decided to look into the popups window and try to come up with more visual options (to make it smaller), so hopefully i will have something ready for my next update
    12-01-12 10:39 PM
    Will the personalised version be released to the public?
    12-02-12 08:08 AM
    Will the personalised version be released to the public?
    There is only one version of my app, so all changes will be released to public
    ryshhh and go1ndr like this.
    12-02-12 08:12 AM
    I currently have AO&L obey certain times for it to use the LED between 7am and 11:30pm and it does it well because outside of those times, the LED never turns on... except of course if I reboot the device outside of the specified times. Is it possible to have AO&L automatically check the times specified at start up?
    12-02-12 10:48 PM
    I currently have AO&L obey certain times for it to use the LED between 7am and 11:30pm and it does it well because outside of those times, the LED never turns on... except of course if I reboot the device outside of the specified times. Is it possible to have AO&L automatically check the times specified at start up?
    unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, the reason is you can set Activate time only, or Deactivate time only, or Both.
    12-02-12 11:01 PM
    Is is just me or does the memory leak show incorrect numbers? When I boot, it starts by saying I'm down ~20mb which is not right. If the starting point is wrong, then the field will always be wrong.

EDIT: Looking at the first post, the screen shot might have the same issue as mine, unless that memory leak was real (although with 3hr uptime, 36mb leak is not reasonable)!
    12-05-12 05:22 AM
    Is is just me or does the memory leak show incorrect numbers? When I boot, it starts by saying I'm down ~20mb which is not right. If the starting point is wrong, then the field will always be wrong.

EDIT: Looking at the first post, the screen shot might have the same issue as mine, unless that memory leak was real (although with 3hr uptime, 36mb leak is not reasonable)!
    Do not overestimate the complexity of the memory leak formula, its very simple and basic

- When AOSLED App starts, it saves total initial free memory
    - Whenever you show the Battery report, it subtracts the current free memory from saved initial free memory.

Thats all, so its as simple as A-B = C formula

if you see differences that you dont understand, just remember the above simple formula.

there is nothing overcomplicated or hidden.
    12-05-12 06:07 AM
    But is the original memory snapshot correct? It's showing 20-30mb leak moments after booting which is not right. Meterberry shows a very reasonable 0.8mb change right now compared with the ~33mb in AOSLED. Maybe it's not taking the original snapshot at an appropriate time when the phone is booting (causing incorrect A-B calculation)?
    12-05-12 07:51 PM
    But is the original memory snapshot correct? It's showing 20-30mb leak moments after booting which is not right. Meterberry shows a very reasonable 0.8mb change right now compared with the ~33mb in AOSLED. Maybe it's not taking the original snapshot at an appropriate time when the phone is booting (causing incorrect A-B calculation)?
    A snapshot is capturing the amount of free memory at a point in time, so this is what your phone is producing when it starts, and then whenever you open the battery report viewer it takes another snapshot and compares the two. AOSLED does nothing else except comparing two snapshots which your phone produces.

hint 1: try using AOSLED battery monitor on a newly installed OS with no apps at all. and as you install apps you can compare.

hint 2: compare memory leaks between AOSLED battery reports and the phone's Application Manager viewer under phone options > device.

Note: One thing to keep in mind, Garbage Collection is not forced when taking memory snapshots or when viewing phone's Application Manager due to the fact that it might increase battery consumption or freeze your phone for few seconds..

hope this helps.
    12-06-12 12:07 AM
    Is there any reason why this app causes me instant hard reboots? I seem to get them sometimes (like 5 or so a day) when I am simultaneously typing and getting a WhatsApp "new message" notification.

I am not sure if it is this app, WhatsApp, Berrylicio.US hybrid OS -- or some combo of them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    12-06-12 12:01 PM
    A snapshot is capturing the amount of free memory at a point in time, so this is what your phone is producing when it starts, and then whenever you open the battery report viewer it takes another snapshot and compares the two. AOSLED does nothing else except comparing two snapshots which your phone produces.

hint 1: try using AOSLED battery monitor on a newly installed OS with no apps at all. and as you install apps you can compare.

hint 2: compare memory leaks between AOSLED battery reports and the phone's Application Manager viewer under phone options > device.

Note: One thing to keep in mind, Garbage Collection is not forced when taking memory snapshots or when viewing phone's Application Manager due to the fact that it might increase battery consumption or freeze your phone for few seconds..

hope this helps.
    Hi Sultan! App is running great!! Anyway to reset the battery monitor on your app so it starts over like on the device anaylizer? For instance, I never shut my phone off. I put it on the charger at night and take it off in the morning--and if needed, I'll charge it during the day if I'm traveling and need it topped off battery wise. That said and regardless of the charging times, I'd still like to see what the drain rate is at a given time. If it takes a snapshot when I pull it off the charger and then again during heavy use (like maybe downloading a bunch of stuff) it may show a 7% drain on your monitor an hour later or more--But if I look at the Device Analyzer at the same time, it says only 1.25% as it is taking a "real-time" picture of the drain on it at that time. I guess what I'm asking (like above) is why is there a difference between the Device analyzer and your monitor. Thanks!
    12-06-12 03:48 PM
    Hi Sultan! App is running great!! Anyway to reset the battery monitor on your app so it starts over like on the device anaylizer? For instance, I never shut my phone off. I put it on the charger at night and take it off in the morning--and if needed, I'll charge it during the day if I'm traveling and need it topped off battery wise. That said and regardless of the charging times, I'd still like to see what the drain rate is at a given time. If it takes a snapshot when I pull it off the charger and then again during heavy use (like maybe downloading a bunch of stuff) it may show a 7% drain on your monitor an hour later or more--But if I look at the Device Analyzer at the same time, it says only 1.25% as it is taking a "real-time" picture of the drain on it at that time. I guess what I'm asking (like above) is why is there a difference between the Device analyzer and your monitor. Thanks!
    Battery monitor feature captures a snapshot of your phone battery, temp, screen time, incoming messages, phone calls and network every hour ( though there is a preview menu item as well). Device analyzer looks at battery usage since phone restart or multiple restarts to compare overall battery performance.

These are not the same apps, mine is less complicated cause you can always check what my app is reporting against your actual usage and battery drain, example: 8:00pm my app says battery is 100%, 9:00pm my app says 95% and battery drain is 5%. So 100 -95 = 5, I dont think this is very difficult to check that these figures are correct

To clear all report data, a button is available in the app inside the feature settings.
    To clear the top 3 red readings ( uptime, battery, memory) restart your phone.

Hope this helps.
    12-07-12 12:13 AM
    Battery monitor feature captures a snapshot of your phone battery, temp, screen time, incoming messages, phone calls and network every hour ( though there is a preview menu item as well). Device analyzer looks at battery usage since phone restart or multiple restarts to compare overall battery performance.

These are not the same apps, mine is less complicated cause you can always check what my app is reporting against your actual usage and battery drain, example: 8:00pm my app says battery is 100%, 9:00pm my app says 95% and battery drain is 5%. So 100 -95 = 5, I dont think this is very difficult to check that these figures are correct

To clear all report data, a button is available in the app inside the feature settings.
    To clear the top 3 red readings ( uptime, battery, memory) restart your phone.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks again! Great app!
    12-07-12 10:44 AM
44 12