09-02-12 02:55 PM
269 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I just installed a hybrid, and went to download Advance OS and LED again it shows as 14.7. Is that the newest one you were telling me about on BBM?
    08-05-12 04:55 PM
    I just installed a hybrid, and went to download Advance OS and LED again it shows as 14.7. Is that the newest one you were telling me about on BBM?
    yes, i just uploaded the official latest release (Version 14.7.9) on my website before going to bed

hopefully app world will update as well by tomorrow morning
    08-05-12 05:00 PM
    I wandered into this discussion, and now I'm hooked. I am currently a QuickLaunch user, but I am getting the feeling that I should try this. Can one of you techno-savy folks give me the pro's of using this over QuickLaunch? Is it a smaller, more efficient app? I'm not concerned about having different colored lights or sounds for email, sms, etc.I do like the things I can do with QuickLaunch shortcut keys.
    08-05-12 07:11 PM
    I wandered into this discussion, and now I'm hooked. I am currently a QuickLaunch user, but I am getting the feeling that I should try this. Can one of you techno-savy folks give me the pro's of using this over QuickLaunch? Is it a smaller, more efficient app? I'm not concerned about having different colored lights or sounds for email, sms, etc.I do like the things I can do with QuickLaunch shortcut keys.
    So I am a big Quick Launch fan from way back. I have never used a BB without it...until now. You are able to set up a launch menu (called iLaunch) for any app, any contact (think most used phone numbers), any web address and any custom action (I have a BT Toggle, a playlist toggle for my walking music, etc). It can all be done with this app. Oh and I know you say you don't need the LEDs but really? Do you ever have your phone on vibrate and need or like to know what's going on? I have to have it on vibrate at work and by a glance I can tell phone call, sms bbm, appt, missed call, whatsapp msg just by the colors of the LEDs.

Anything you can do with QL you can do here. Even more, as far as I am concerned. This app makes the menu appear on your screen, in the middle of the screen, using your own font, as large as you want it. What I hated about QL was the larger font was still a size 6. LMAO. So unhelpful.

The app has a smaller footprint. Takes less app memory. Takes less battery usage because if you do use the LEDS, you can have them shut off faster. You need to give it a try; an honest try, for a few days.

If you need any help in setting anything up, post up here. Someone will help you. Also, Sultan is superb at customer service. He answers everything as quick as lightening.
    08-05-12 07:54 PM
    Ditto. 10char
    08-05-12 11:22 PM
    How to mute my app's ringtones:

1- profile ringtone volume (so vibrate only, silent, all off) will mute my app if active profile is selected in my app.

2- night led activated ( no led light then no ringtone, even if loud profile is selected)

Hope this helps
    . Just to clarify.

Item. 2 if night active native ringtones appear still to work. I tested it with a phone and calendar only profile. A phone call rang even with the night active. I'm glad that it did.
    08-05-12 11:28 PM
    I got the latest version 14.7.9 and I realised when I exit UberSocial by pressing the BB key and exit the LED light stays on but if I just push the back key the LED. Light turns off but that keeps UberSocial running in the background which I don't want. Is there a reason why the LED stays blinking when I exit via the menu?

9900/7.1.0.580
    08-05-12 11:29 PM
    I got the latest version 14.7.9 and I realised when I exit UberSocial by pressing the BB key and exit the LED light stays on but if I just push the back key the LED. Light turns off but that keeps UberSocial running in the background which I don't want. Is there a reason why the LED stays blinking when I exit via the menu?

9900/7.1.0.580
    i guess this is an ubersocial issue, to test if it is, turn off the ubersocial LED in my app, and retest both above scenarios, by default you should have the red blinking light, if it stays ON as well, then its clear indication to where the problem is
    08-06-12 12:20 AM
    . Just to clarify.

Item. 2 if night active native ringtones appear still to work. I tested it with a phone and calendar only profile. A phone call rang even with the night active. I'm glad that it did.
    true

thats why in my post i mentioned "my app's ringtones" and not "phone ringtones", but you are correct, i should have made it clear that native phone sounds / ringtones are not affected by the night LED feature.
    08-06-12 12:25 AM
    it seems that there are similarities, however from what i've heard, my app's "iLaunch" (short for Instant Launch) feature has a different way of presenting shortcuts, and can run your own defined navigation and user inputs called "Custom Actions".

the most beneficial point about "iLaunch" is the way it integrates with my app other features and your phone operating system, there is nothing you do on your phone that cannot be automated using "iLaunch".

example: adding a custom action to open an sms message and filling in a signature with just 1 click, or opening BBM chat window with a specific contact and writing "good morning" and then sending the message with just one click. your imagination is your limitation with "iLaunch" custom actions.

in my opinion, you must try both apps and compare your own pros and cons to decide.

hope this helps
    OldBlu1 likes this.
    08-06-12 12:51 AM
    I'm still having trouble with the Whatsapp Group LED flashing when I don't want it to.

It doesn't do it all the time, just every now and again and I did set it up properly?
    08-06-12 03:28 AM
    I'm still having trouble with the Whatsapp Group LED flashing when I don't want it to.

It doesn't do it all the time, just every now and again and I did set it up properly?
    yes, this issue was related to BBM LED, there is a new version (14.7.9) available in app world and my site right now which fixes all the LED issues (introduced after version 14.0), try it and let me know
    08-06-12 03:34 AM
    i guess this is an ubersocial issue, to test if it is, turn off the ubersocial LED in my app, and retest both above scenarios, by default you should have the red blinking light, if it stays ON as well, then its clear indication to where the problem is
    I just tried this and the default Red LED turns off when I exit both ways.
    08-06-12 05:21 AM
    There is a new version (14.7.9) available in app world and my site right now which fixes all the LED issues (introduced after version 14.0), try it and let me know
    I like to download a copy of the app installer as a backup on my PC. But I cannot locate a link on your website to be able to do this. Or is that only available to Facebook members?
    08-06-12 05:32 AM
    I like to download a copy of the app installer as a backup on my PC. But I cannot locate a link on your website to be able to do this. Or is that only available to Facebook members?
    i do not have a desktop installer version available for my app, the web installer (.jad file) is always online on my website, and it is recommended to only use my site online installation or App World, the only reason i use facebook likes to show the install link is so people can get notified, using facebook feed, about my app update as when they happen

if you follow my app on twitter or here (CB), then you can just email me and i will send you the link, you can use it whenever you want
    08-06-12 06:00 AM
    i will look into it, but i dont think i will update App World anytime soon, this is a minor issue, you can always use "stop led" menu or iLaunch menu to stop the LED.

OR switch to "Stop LED When"="User Activity".

however, i will look into it, and try to make a fix for my next update
    08-06-12 06:04 AM
    i do not have a desktop installer version available for my app, the web installer (.jad file) is always online on my website, and it is recommended to only use my site online installation or App World, the only reason i use facebook likes to show the install link is so people can get notified, using facebook feed, about my app update as when they happen

if you follow my app on twitter or here (CB), then you can just email me and i will send you the link, you can use it whenever you want
    I wasn't after a desktop installer, it was the .jad file I was hoping to stash. "Just in case". (When you get burned by companies like Berry, you start to want to keep older working versions of a product to hand...)

I don't use Twitter either, just follow threads like this. No need to email links - I just wondered if it was there as a simple link on your website. I'll stick to the app store.

Thanks again for a quality app.
    08-06-12 06:20 AM
    ok, i made a small change and updated my website, download the update from my site and let me know if this fixed your issue, you should see version 14.7.9.1 only in the installation screen.
    08-06-12 06:28 AM
    I wasn't after a desktop installer, it was the .jad file I was hoping to stash. "Just in case". (When you get burned by companies like Berry, you start to want to keep older working versions of a product to hand...)
    good point

You can use bbsak desktop app to copy any app installation files (.cod) to your computer, then generate the desktop installation files (.alx) file which can reinstall the .cod files back to your mobile

there are also free apps that can auto generates (.alx) out of any app .cod files

however, as long as im supporting my app, you shouldn't really worry about it
    08-06-12 06:42 AM
    NEAT APP!!! Downloaded from App World last night and started "playing" with it; I just downloaded the updated version. It's seems pretty cool. One question: how do I go about making a list of people that I regularly text? I already made a phone list.
    08-06-12 08:15 AM
    NEAT APP!!! Downloaded from App World last night and started "playing" with it; I just downloaded the updated version. It's seems pretty cool. One question: how do I go about making a list of people that I regularly text? I already made a phone list.
    Which feature ?
    08-06-12 08:20 AM
    I have a problem with if I want to set a sound for let's say Battery Full, I cannot get to the native ringtones anymore. Where can I find them?
    08-06-12 08:53 AM
    I have a problem with if I want to set a sound for let's say Battery Full, I cannot get to the native ringtones anymore. Where can I find them?
    I discussed this few posts back

They are copyrighted, cant be used inside third party apps.
    08-06-12 08:55 AM
    ok, i made a small change and updated my website, download the update from my site and let me know if this fixed your issue, you should see version 14.7.9.1 only in the installation screen.
    Yes that works now thank you very much
    08-06-12 10:05 AM
    One feature i'd like is that if you get say 2 notifications that use different colors, it blinks both colors. Right now it seems to blink whatever was the latest notification.
    08-06-12 08:03 PM
269 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD