Sure if we asked Sultan nicely he could make it do that !!!

Seems to do everything else apart from get me a beer from the fridge !!!
    Yours doesn't get a beer? Strange... my does. You just have to know which combination of buttons to press...

It is under myBeerLauch I think...
    08-17-12 10:29 AM
    iLaunch = Instant Launch

nothing compares to iLaunch feature, its few commercial apps joint together but on steroids, as i mentioned inside my app, its the most powerful feature in AOS&L

it might look like another app (the Popup window), but under the hood the customization is unmatched

besides launching apps, internet links, calling people, and controlling AOS&L features, you can record (manually entered) anything you do on your phone (keys and trackpad inputs) and make iLaunch play it again, few people mentioned 3g and bluetooth toggle.

hope this helps
    @Legal Eagle: See... that clever iLaunch can be used for a careful combination of actions involving phoning the wife\girlfriend\butler\slave, selecting the correct audio message "Need Beer Now", and then supplying map to the fridge.... can't see how that can fail to get you a beer.
    08-17-12 10:32 AM
    @Legal Eagle: See... that clever iLaunch can be used for a careful combination of actions involving phoning the wife\girlfriend\butler\slave, selecting the correct audio message "Need Beer Now", and then supplying map to the fridge.... can't see how that can fail to get you a beer.
    lol, its doable with ilaunch, but blackberry cannot play an audio message while in a phone call

but thats also a nice example of the capabilities of iLaunch
    Batter Pudding likes this.
    08-17-12 10:49 AM
    lol, its doable with ilaunch, but blackberry cannot play an audio message while in a phone call

but thats also a nice example of the capabilities of iLaunch
    It can't play an audio message? Well, in that case, I'll have to revert to sending orders via text messages.

Just have to work out how to insert my GPS location into the message now...

I even have a name for the feature: The "Beer2Here App" (Obviously can be adjusted to other Food and Drink products...)

This gives me a good excuse to now go and really play with iLaunch...
    08-17-12 11:07 AM
    It can't play an audio message? Well, in that case, I'll have to revert to sending orders via text messages.

Just have to work out how to insert my GPS location into the message now...

I even have a name for the feature: The "Beer2Here App" (Obviously can be adjusted to other Food and Drink products...)

This gives me a good excuse to now go and really play with iLaunch...
    getting GPS location can be done using a free GPS app that displays your coordinates, so ilaunch can start the GPS app, request it to show the GPS coordinates, use selection from menu to copy the coordinates text, close the GPS app, then start Email, SMS or BBM and choose a contact, use paste in menu (or trackpad click and alt keys, available in iLaunch ) then send

All of the above can be recorded using 1 custom action and played whenever you want a beer or a friend to reach your destination

the possibilities are endless with iLaunch
    08-17-12 11:20 AM
    getting GPS location can be done using a free GPS app that displays your coordinates, so ilaunch can start the GPS app, request it to show the GPS coordinates, use selection from menu to copy the coordinates text, close the GPS app, then start Email, SMS or BBM and choose a contact, use paste in menu (or trackpad click and alt keys, available in iLaunch ) then send

All of the above can be recorded using 1 custom action and played whenever you want a beer or a friend to reach your destination

the possibilities are endless with iLaunch
    Genius. Now all I have to do is find a way to stop the Girlfriend from throwing the beer at me as she seems to be misunderstanding the "iLaunch" term. As with any new idea, there are always teething problems...

It certainly would replace the classic "I'm on the train" phone call. Can all be done with a single click, and a more accurate location. Could see all kinds of genuine uses for this.

I thought I was installing an app to just customise my LEDs... now I am seeing more and more power in here. These macro recordings for the phone are very useful.
    08-17-12 11:56 AM
    Genius. Now all I have to do is find a way to stop the Girlfriend from throwing the beer at me as she seems to be misunderstanding the "iLaunch" term. As with any new idea, there are always teething problems...

It certainly would replace the classic "I'm on the train" phone call. Can all be done with a single click, and a more accurate location. Could see all kinds of genuine uses for this.

I thought I was installing an app to just customise my LEDs... now I am seeing more and more power in here. These macro recordings for the phone are very useful.
    But still no solution to the launching guided missiles at I Phone users issue though.
    08-17-12 12:04 PM
    But still no solution to the launching guided missiles at I Phone users issue though.
    I'll check Ebay for the hardware... will let you know when I have something implemented.

Meanwhile enjoy your Friday Beer.
    08-17-12 12:12 PM
    I'll check Ebay for the hardware... will let you know when I have something implemented.

Meanwhile enjoy your Friday Beer.
    Can supply many potential targets, try asking for a discount for bulk purchase !!!
    08-17-12 12:18 PM
    so now that there's custom LEDs and ringtones for contacts, would custom vibration patterns/settings be possible? Would be great for people who need to keep their phone on vibrate most of the time
    08-17-12 07:16 PM
    so now that there's custom LEDs and ringtones for contacts, would custom vibration patterns/settings be possible? Would be great for people who need to keep their phone on vibrate most of the time
    its already available in my app for network and battery leds

Im not trying to replace the native sound profiles, im just extending them and adding on the limitation currently imposed by RIM.

I think vibration is already available in the native sound profiles for all my app's leds, and if it is not, i already included the missing ones, such as network and battery

Hope this clarifies my design.
    08-18-12 01:04 AM
    Flashligth is usefull but light stops in few seconds

How to set it?

Tks
    08-19-12 01:20 AM
    Flashligth is usefull but light stops in few seconds

How to set it?

Tks
    here is my new online Help / FAQs, still populating it

solution to your problem Sultan Al Sooz Website
    FraBB likes this.
    08-19-12 01:22 AM
    Wonderous Sultan

Will the auto restart feature work at a time when a BES unit is locked?

Many thanks yet once again for your priceless app.
    08-19-12 07:36 AM
    here is my new online Help / FAQs, still populating it

solution to your problem Sultan Al Sooz Website
    Many Thanks!
    08-19-12 09:26 AM
    Wonderous Sultan

Will the auto restart feature work at a time when a BES unit is locked?

Many thanks yet once again for your priceless app.
    BES password locked is a tough one, if you open the info/ help in the device restart feature you will also see a note about the password locked
    08-19-12 03:36 PM
    BES password locked is a tough one, if you open the info/ help in the device restart feature you will also see a note about the password locked
    Indeed the note is there and stupid me missed it. I agree that password lock it part of BES security and very hard to defeat (as it ought to be). I am glad that at least one app that you recommended can change the profile even if locked in 7,1.

Thanks again.

PS A possible suggestion: when reset fails flash a notice next time device is unlocked.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 08-19-12 at 03:44 PM.
    08-19-12 03:42 PM
    Indeed the note is there and stupid me missed it. I agree that password lock it part of BES security and very hard to defeat (as it ought to be). I am glad that at least one app that you recommended can change the profile even if locked in 7,1.

Thanks again
    BES lock will stop any app from interacting with the screen, however that doesnt mean an app cant listen or do things in the background, it just cant change anything on the screen
    08-19-12 03:46 PM
    BES lock will stop any app from interacting with the screen, however that doesnt mean an app cant listen or do things in the background, it just cant change anything on the screen
    Thanks. A possible idea: one app I used to have would flash an alert if it failed to run a scheduled restart. Can yours be made to do that? Many thanks. ,
    08-21-12 12:43 AM
    Thanks. A possible idea: one app I used to have would flash an alert if it failed to run a scheduled restart. Can yours be made to do that? Many thanks. ,
    what type of an alert? vibration or a popup message after you unlock your phone ?
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-21-12 03:18 AM
    what type of an alert? vibration or a popup message after you unlock your phone ?
    Popup when you first unlock. Thanks.
    08-21-12 05:39 AM
    Removed berrybuzz e quicklaunch... Now only your app on my BB!

Possible idea: not only call but also send sms or email to a contact

9900 BlackBerry Mobile
    08-23-12 02:31 PM
    Removed berrybuzz e quicklaunch... Now only your app on my BB!

Possible idea: not only call but also send sms or email to a contact

9900 BlackBerry Mobile
    Do you mean set up a custom action to SMS a certain person? I have that set up for my son. With one click my phone opens a new SMS and puts his name in from my contacts list. Try custom actions.
    08-23-12 03:30 PM
    Do you mean set up a custom action to SMS a certain person? I have that set up for my son. With one click my phone opens a new SMS and puts his name in from my contacts list. Try custom actions.
    How does your son feel about that?
    FraBB likes this.
    08-23-12 03:48 PM
    How does your son feel about that?
    Since he currently lives under my roof and I pay his car insurance, he has no choice but to view my texts.
    Azensun likes this.
    08-23-12 03:51 PM
269 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD