This is well known, there is an app which you have installed that is using your phone file system without properly closing files. please find out which app is causing this issue, any app can cause it, this is mostly done by apps running in the background. (since you have a full touch screen, whatsapp doesnt play well with this type of phones, this is just a hint ).
    Ok I'll check it, but once I've finished talking on Whatsapp I'm always closing the program in the right way, but I don't know at this point if that does matter or not. It could be also Facebook Messenger that is often open and working in the background. In any case I will restart the device for sure I'm gonna keep your app which I love.

you must turn OFF the SMS LED in your phone sound profiles. it should solve your issue
    It was off! I solved the problem 5 minutes ago removing the contact and customizing it again. Probably something changed after I updated the app, who knows, but thank you once again for your kind reply and your help.
    Last edited by Black Rose; 08-11-12 at 03:18 AM.
    08-11-12 03:16 AM
    Ok I'll check it, but once I've finished talking on Whatsapp I'm always closing the program in the right way, but I don't know at this point if that does matter or not. It could be also Facebook Messenger that is often open and working in the background.
    whichever app is causing this issue, its already killing your phone file system, so not just my app, even other 3rd party apps the requires the file system, like screenshot apps, or music player apps, anything that needs to read or save from the file system.

closing the app wont do any good, only restarting your phone will restore your file system.

i will provide you with a way to capture the culprit app, the Blackberry OS can only have about 20 to 25 open files at any point in time, identify the culprit app by repeating the same action 25 times (which ever you think needs to read or save from the file system), then testing my app ringtone to see if it stops.

if you suspect my app is causing the issue, then test playing any ringtone for 25 times (use play then stop in the ringtone dropdown menu), if it stops playing the sound, then it is my app and you should let me know

my app uses the file system for Backup and restore of settings, BBM messages, email attachments, wallpapers feature, playing ringtones and screenshot feature, so test whichever you use if you want to be sure
    Black Rose likes this.
    08-11-12 04:02 AM
    Thanks Sultan, no I don't think your app is the issue, I think something is interfering with your app. I tried to play the ringtone 25 times in your app and it's working, rather I think Whatsapp is the issue because sometime it starts with the wrong sound and the wrong led color that are those assigned to the incoming mail, even if I choose the option of not to show the Whatsapp chat in the messages folder. I'll let you know and thank you again. Have a great Sunday!
    08-12-12 03:34 AM
    Ok, something I've noticed that I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but I have LEDs silenced after 1130pm and that works fine. That is unless the app is started after that specified time. I rebooted my phone last night after 1130pm and at one point in time I was awoken by the flashing LED. The usual icon that shows LEDs silenced was not on...
    08-12-12 12:47 PM
    Ok, something I've noticed that I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but I have LEDs silenced after 1130pm and that works fine. That is unless the app is started after that specified time. I rebooted my phone last night after 1130pm and at one point in time I was awoken by the flashing LED. The usual icon that shows LEDs silenced was not on...
    night led activation will not last between app or phone restarts.
    08-12-12 03:27 PM
    Is there a way to have the app check on start of the app whether it's time for LED on or off? That way it can be more automated?
    08-12-12 05:00 PM
    Is there a way to have the app check on start of the app whether it's time for LED on or off? That way it can be more automated?
    anything is possible in coding, especially if it is logical formula, however adding extra code needs reasonable justification (at least for my code ).

since many people have been asking about including days of the week in the night led scheduling feature, i might just change my app's code to include both requirements. however, i wont promise anything cause i still have my own tasks to implement
    dimm0k likes this.
    08-12-12 05:07 PM
    Sultan,

I just installed your app on my wife's 9810 and set it up similar to mine. I set the LED to flash Yellow if she gets a SMS butone of her contacts (Me) is set to flash Blue if she gets a SMS, BBM, Email,Etc. So I assume the contact will takepriority over the SMS setting, right? At least that’s how my 9810 works and isset up. However, her 9810 flashes Yellowinstead of Blue when she gets a SMS from me. She does not have another LED app.She used to have BeBuzz but I removed the app off her phone when it was updatedto a new OS, so this isn’t the issue, right?
    08-13-12 01:26 AM
    So I assume the contact will take priority over the SMS setting, right?
    yes, thats correct

She used to have BeBuzz but I removed the app off her phone when it was updatedto a new OS, so this isn�t the issue, right?
    yes, no issues

the only reason the individual SMS LED wont work is cause of mismatch in the phone numbers.

open my app, open LED & Ringtone feature, open your contact, click on 'contacts details' button and you should see your phone number (mobile i guess). if you see other numbers but not your mobile number, its due to the 4 numbers limitation my app has. just remove your contact from my app, delete the extra numbers from your contact, and add your contact back in my app, then check to see whether your mobile number is showing in the contact details.

hope this helps.
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-13-12 01:36 AM
    yes, thats correct

yes, no issues

the only reason the individual SMS LED wont work is cause of mismatch in the phone numbers.

open my app, open LED & Ringtone feature, open your contact, click on 'contacts details' button and you should see your phone number (mobile i guess). if you see other numbers but not your mobile number, its due to the 4 numbers limitation my app has. just remove your contact from my app, delete the extra numbers from your contact, and add your contact back in my app, then check to see whether your mobile number is showing in the contact details.

hope this helps.

That was it Sultan! Thanks! I removed 1 phone #, then it bumped up my mobile # and worked. Then I added backin the # I removed and it worked since now my mobile # is within the 4 limit, even though I have more #'s. It's just that my work 2 # wouldn't flash blue but that's fine for me.

I really appreciate your quick responses in helping us with your app! Wow...what if all customer service was this great!? Maybe there would peace world wide!
    08-13-12 01:14 PM
    That was it Sultan! Thanks! I removed 1 phone #, then it bumped up my mobile # and worked. Then I added backin the # I removed and it worked since now my mobile # is within the 4 limit, even though I have more #'s. It's just that my work 2 # wouldn't flash blue but that's fine for me.

I really appreciate your quick responses in helping us with your app! Wow...what if all customer service was this great!? Maybe there would peace world wide!
    Actually there is a way to have as much numbers as you want for 1 contact, just split your contact, into 2 contacts, and add both contacts to my app, now you have 8 numbers for 1 contact.

there shouldnt be many people on your contact list with more than 4 numbers (actually its 5 numbers if you dont have a PIN added to the contact) and you want to customize LED for, so just split those contacts.

i might increase it to 6 numbers in my next update
    08-13-12 02:45 PM
    I have set the LED notification to "on" for specific BBM contacts and it won't show their LED when they message me. It will show the LED for overall BBM incoming messages, but not the specific LED for that person. Any one know how to make it show up for a specific BBM contact?
    08-13-12 06:48 PM
    I have set the LED notification to "on" for specific BBM contacts and it won't show their LED when they message me. It will show the LED for overall BBM incoming messages, but not the specific LED for that person. Any one know how to make it show up for a specific BBM contact?
    You should go to individual contacts and then click add a contact. You need to choose colors too. I know you probably already set this but make sure you have saved it. Then choose underneath their name ok for any event...bbm, sms, email, call.
    08-13-12 07:11 PM
    You should go to individual contacts and then click add a contact. You need to choose colors too. I know you probably already set this but make sure you have saved it. Then choose underneath their name ok for any event...bbm, sms, email, call.
    I did this for the specific BBM contacts, but for some reason it won't show up when they message me.
    08-13-12 07:21 PM
    I did this for the specific BBM contacts, but for some reason it won't show up when they message me.
    And you have deleted "other" LED apps?
    I have mine set up just this way and it works.
    strange. let me check again.
    08-13-12 07:43 PM
    And you have deleted "other" LED apps?

I have mine set up just this way and it works.

strange. let me check again.

I used to have BeBuzz but i deleted that and started using this app. Everything else works, just not the specified contact LED for BBM.
    08-13-12 07:49 PM
    I used to have BeBuzz but i deleted that and started using this app. Everything else works, just not the specified contact LED for BBM.
    For the BBM individual contacts, i have included a very easy set of FAQs (frequently Asked Questions) in my app, it will walk you through setting up BBM individual contacts in no time.

to read the BBM FAQs, open my app then expand the first group of features, then scroll down until you see "BBM" feature, click it to open the FAQs screen.

hope this helps
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    08-13-12 10:45 PM
    Managed to lose all my Outlook Contact Details on my Laptop.

I've got sync issues so DM not an option.

Panic mode until I remembered the option in this wonderful app to export contacts from the BB.

Marvellous, saved me hours of typing, Sultan, yet again you are the man.

Thanks for the app with 1001 uses with teh best support out there !!!
    08-17-12 09:10 AM
    Managed to lose all my Outlook Contact Details on my Laptop.

I've got sync issues so DM not an option.

Panic mode until I remembered the option in this wonderful app to export contacts from the BB.

Marvellous, saved me hours of typing, Sultan, yet again you are the man.

Thanks for the app with 1001 uses with teh best support out there !!!
    Your welcome, glad you remembered, AOS&L is not only an LED app

The reason i added a contacts manager (actually the most powerful one in the bb market), is cause of a recent incident that made me search App World for a good contacts app, but who was i kidding, even the most expensive one didnt impress me, so i decided to impress the world instead

remember to always take a backup (at least once a month), its easier than you think
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-17-12 09:43 AM
    Your welcome, glad you remembered, AOS&L is not only an LED app

The reason i added a contacts manager (actually the most powerful one in the bb market), is cause of a recent incident that made me search App World for a good contacts app, but who was i kidding, even the most expensive one didnt impress me, so i decided to impress the world instead

remember to always take a backup (at least once a month), its easier than you think
    The LED feature is great, but my favourite bit of the app is iLaunch, once you get the hang of it it's AWESOME !!!!
    08-17-12 10:01 AM
    What is ilaunch?? Like hot keys?
    08-17-12 10:04 AM
    It's a programmable shortcut feature.

Fo instance I use it to turn Bluetooth on and off, change sound profiles, switch from 3G to 2G, turn radio on and off etc all at the touch of a couple of keys instead of going into various screens, scrolling and selecting.

It's awesome.
    08-17-12 10:17 AM
    It launches intercontinental ballistic missiles at iPhone Users.

Well, that is what I was hoping it was...
    08-17-12 10:17 AM
    It launches intercontinental ballistic missiles at iPhone Users.

Well, that is what I was hoping it was...
    Sure if we asked Sultan nicely he could make it do that !!!

Seems to do everything else apart from get me a beer from the fridge !!!
    Batter Pudding likes this.
    08-17-12 10:19 AM
    iLaunch = Instant Launch

nothing compares to iLaunch feature, its few commercial apps joint together but on steroids, as i mentioned inside my app, its the most powerful feature in AOS&L

it might look like another app (the Popup window), but under the hood the customization is unmatched

besides launching apps, internet links, calling people, and controlling AOS&L features, you can record (manually entered) anything you do on your phone (keys and trackpad inputs) and make iLaunch play it again, few people mentioned 3g and bluetooth toggle.

hope this helps
    08-17-12 10:27 AM
269 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD