The update fixed the slow loading of some apps
    07-27-12 06:48 AM
    Unparalleled customer service and support!
    07-27-12 08:18 AM
    Hi Sultan

Picked up this request from a poster in another thread and wondered if it was something that you could maybe add to the app in a future update ?

Any advice on easy-to-use data usage checking apps suitable for use in the UK would be greatly appreciated.
    07-27-12 11:52 AM
    Can someone help me with a question?
    I am using iLaunch finally (after dumping QuickLaunch which I have used for 6 years)!!!
    I can't seem to add ScoreMobile to the list. I mean, I DO, but it won't open the app. Anyone else have that problem???

Also, does the hot key (like I set the space bar) only work at the home screen level?
    07-27-12 11:59 AM
    Unparalleled customer service and support!
    I totally agree. This is one incredible app that I have had since launch. I am still learning all the things that it will do, so during downtimes when others play games, I am alternately selecting and using the myriad of features this app supplies. Eventually I will get everything working exactly like I want it.

Thanks for great customer service and a great app!!
    07-27-12 02:03 PM
    For the popups, I wonder if it is possible to have the option to close the popup and have the message marked as read (bepopup has this option).
    07-27-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks Sultan
    07-27-12 05:32 PM
    Hi Sultan

Picked up this request from a poster in another thread and wondered if it was something that you could maybe add to the app in a future update ?

Any advice on easy-to-use data usage checking apps suitable for use in the UK would be greatly appreciated.
    Free Traffic Monitor - Download Traffic Monitor - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    07-27-12 06:49 PM
    I am using iLaunch finally (after dumping QuickLaunch which I have used for 6 years)!!!
    I can't seem to add ScoreMobile to the list. I mean, I DO, but it won't open the app. Anyone else have that problem???

Also, does the hot key (like I set the space bar) only work at the home screen level?
    I can't help with ScoreMobile, but I can tell you that the shortcut key will work at home screen and application screen (if you're still on OS6 like me).

I also have it set to my left convenience key for use within apps (again, I'm still running OS6 on my 9700, so I have all kinds of neat retro tricks )
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    07-27-12 07:31 PM

A1) try different entry points "start app", if u still cant open the app, use custom actions instead and do a homescreen universal search on the app name then locate the search result and click on it (all of this can be automated using 1 custom action).

A2) i recommend using your convenient key instead or both, spacebar can only be used in homescreen.
    07-28-12 08:08 AM
    Hi Sultan

Beyond my app's scope of work
    07-28-12 08:11 AM
    For the popups, I wonder if it is possible to have the option to close the popup and have the message marked as read (bepopup has this option).
    If i didnt have such basic option, i wouldnt even call it a popup feature, u can even reply, forward and do so many things that i dont even remember

And everything can be controlled using keypad only or touch screen if your lazy like me
    07-28-12 08:16 AM
    Thanks Sultan.

I have my screen buttons hidden and did not know that keyboard shortcuts can be used for those commands. Of course, pressing "m" key makes the message marked as read.
    07-28-12 11:44 AM
    Been using this as a worthy replacement for Bellshare's app and one thing that's been bothering me is when I'm bombarded by e-mails and I can't do anything until I cycle through all the popups. Am I not seeing the option or button to delete all the popups? It would be nice if there was an option to just show the latest e-mail and if another one comes in before the delay to dismiss the previous popup to have the app just auto-dismiss the previous message and only show the latest.
    07-28-12 04:40 PM
    Been using this as a worthy replacement for Bellshare's app and one thing that's been bothering me is when I'm bombarded by e-mails and I can't do anything until I cycle through all the popups. Am I not seeing the option or button to delete all the popups? It would be nice if there was an option to just show the latest e-mail and if another one comes in before the delay to dismiss the previous popup to have the app just auto-dismiss the previous message and only show the latest.
    Just press spacebar or the counter button on the top when popups are visible, it will show you popups manager

with popups manager, you can delete all, or just a specific type of messages (like all emails or all bbms), you can sort your popups to go through all emails first, even if you got bbms in between
    07-29-12 08:00 AM
    I have a confession to make!
    When I first used Advance OS and LED it was to combat the notices from ARM and I thought, ok, maybe an old dog CAN learn new tricks.

OMG! In a week period, I now have deleted 3 apps from my phone in lieu of this one! I use AOSLED for screen shots (much easier since I can send directly to a BBM contact instead of the two step process I had before); my iLaunch (once you set it up it's very powerful); for my LED indicators instead of another famous app (and I even created my own disco version of lights that I am used to looking for on my phone); for my flashlight (since my work has such uneven power, you never know where you are when the lights go off!); and to open my favorite web links quickly with a few clicks.

Whew! That's a lot for me!! AND, here is the best part....the FONT!!!! I can actually SEE this listing of items on my screen! I can read my list of apps.

I am reformed!
    07-29-12 08:58 AM
    Sweet! I was just prompted by AOLED to update to v.14.6! Is this new or am I late to the party? lol!

3 Questions For Sultan:

1. I'm assuming you can't assign custom ringtones for Calendar Events, only Contacts, BBM, SMS?

2. If I can customize ringtones for Calenar Events, will it keep playing the ringtone every 5 minutes (or whatever I have the Alert Me feature set to)?

2. After updating I can't assign native ringtones. When I search for them either on my device or my memory card, nothing shows in the list. However, I can add voicenotes and music for ringtones...just not the BlackBerry native ringtones (i.e., Eager Remix, etc.).
    07-29-12 10:42 PM
    Just press spacebar or the counter button on the top when popups are visible, it will show you popups manager

with popups manager, you can delete all, or just a specific type of messages (like all emails or all bbms), you can sort your popups to go through all emails first, even if you got bbms in between
    Damn, silly me... thanks for the reply and wonderful support!
    07-29-12 10:53 PM
    Sweet! I was just prompted by AOLED to update to v.14.6! Is this new or am I late to the party? lol!

3 Questions For Sultan:

1. I'm assuming you can't assign custom ringtones for Calendar Events, only Contacts, BBM, SMS?

2. If I can customize ringtones for Calenar Events, will it keep playing the ringtone every 5 minutes (or whatever I have the Alert Me feature set to)?

2. After updating I can't assign native ringtones. When I search for them either on my device or my memory card, nothing shows in the list. However, I can add voicenotes and music for ringtones...just not the BlackBerry native ringtones (i.e., Eager Remix, etc.).
    a1) yes, only contacts, calendar events have built-in repeatable reminders

a2) you cannot cutomize ringtones for calendar events (a1)

a3) native ringtones are copyrighted, no third party app can use them or even see them, hence i placed a ringtone recorder to make it easier to record your ringtones from another phone playing ringtones or the radio, i personally use my voice, so for wife bbms i record my voice saying "Wife BBM", its cool, try it
    Nickerz likes this.
    07-29-12 11:00 PM
    a1) yes, only contacts, calendar events have built-in repeatable reminders

a2) you cannot cutomize ringtones for calendar events (a1)

a3) native ringtones are copyrighted, no third party app can use them or even see them, hence i placed a ringtone recorder to make it easier to record your ringtones from another phone playing ringtones or the radio, i personally use my voice, so for wife bbms i record my voice saying "Wife BBM", its cool, try it
    How does BeBuzz allow for custom ringtones then? Your app is perfect for me except this part. The only thing I like about BeBuzz over your app is BeBuzz allows you to setup anything, even the Calendar to buzz you and I can select all the native ringtones with it.

The Alert Me feature is nice but having to set it once for all stuff isn't great and now that you have individual contacts I can set up, I can't set up the native ringtones, only record something, which the quality isn't that great.

I guess we all can't be fully satisfied but I still use your app over BeBuzz! So Thanks.
    07-29-12 11:45 PM
    How does BeBuzz allow for custom ringtones then? Your app is perfect for me except this part. The only thing I like about BeBuzz over your app is BeBuzz allows you to setup anything, even the Calendar to buzz you and I can select all the native ringtones with it.

The Alert Me feature is nice but having to set it once for all stuff isn't great and now that you have individual contacts I can set up, I can't set up the native ringtones, only record something, which the quality isn't that great.

I guess we all can't be fully satisfied but I still use your app over BeBuzz! So Thanks.
    as a user, you are not aware of the methods used by other apps, so let me explain something

no 3rd party app can use the native ringtones, thats well known by bb devs, but since ringtones are just sound files like midi and mp3, 3rd party apps can include identical files to those in the native phone, but they cant use nor link to native sounds directly (adds extra App size due to sound attachments )

i think the internet is full of free midi and mp3 files that you can choose from, there are also mp3 to midi converters for free. limiting your selection of ringtones to native ones is not very satisfactory

calendar internal reminder is very powerful, you can snooze or select the custom ringtone you want, including native. i do not see the value in making something which is already part of your OS
    07-30-12 12:50 AM
    ...calendar internal reminder is very powerful, you can snooze or select the custom ringtone you want, including native. i do not see the value in making something which is already part of your OS
    True, but I guess what I'm after is being able to customize the "Alert Me" feature in AOSLED so I'm not stuck with one universal alert setting (5 minutes) for all applications that can only play one ringtone for all (i.e., Calendar Events, BBM, SMS, etc.). Instead, BeBuzz allows each application to be set up independantly. So I can have my Calendar Event alert me every 10 minutes (with it's own ringtone), SMS alert me every 5 minutes (with it's own ringtone), BBM (my wife) alert me every 2 minutes (with it's own ringtone), etc.

The feature AOSLED added was really nice, allowing me to now setup unique ringtones for each contact! So thanks for this! I guess I just have to download the ringtones on the internet.
    07-30-12 01:25 AM
    True, but I guess what I'm after is being able to customize the "Alert Me" feature in AOSLED so I'm not stuck with one universal alert setting (5 minutes) for all applications that can only play one ringtone for all (i.e., Calendar Events, BBM, SMS, etc.). Instead, BeBuzz allows each application to be set up independantly. So I can have my Calendar Event alert me every 10 minutes (with it's own ringtone), SMS alert me every 5 minutes (with it's own ringtone), BBM (my wife) alert me every 2 minutes (with it's own ringtone), etc.

The feature AOSLED added was really nice, allowing me to now setup unique ringtones for each contact! So thanks for this! I guess I just have to download the ringtones on the internet.
    Alert ME is like saying you have an important missed item or event, so please look at ME (ME = your phone), then the LED should help to identify who or what it is you missed. yes it is nice to have different reminders, but if you really think about it, Missed items reminders are only required in very few rare cases when you dont hear, see or feel your phone, and even then no matter what the reminder is, you will grab your phone to look at the screen, you wouldnt want your battery to drain from repeated sound reminders since sound is battery expensive unlike LED

maybe its just me but i dont understand why your phone requires such customization about missed items, you carry your phone with you all the time, or at least leave it for few mins then back to it, missed reminders (Alert ME) couldnt be the main way to use your phone, its only for rare occasions !? maybe i use my phone differently, but i have Alert ME feature turned off, no joke, i only implemented it cause someone requested it and others supported his request.

but as for ringtones, i currently dont use LED anymore, i just love to know who is contacting me by just hearing my voice say it out loud (yes, i have so many ringtones now for almost everything)

im also splitting Missed Call Ringtone from incoming call ringtone, will update today, version 14.7 will have more control over ringtones
    07-30-12 02:03 AM
    hi i just wanted to say thank for this amazing little app i have deleted 4 apps due to how much this app does!! i'm nearly on the verge of re-thinking quick launch but i like the little side menu and hot keys.. anyway.. thankyou!!!
    07-30-12 05:19 PM
    hi i just wanted to say thank for this amazing little app i have deleted 4 apps due to how much this app does!! i'm nearly on the verge of re-thinking quick launch but i like the little side menu and hot keys.. anyway.. thankyou!!!
    Dump it Ria! I did! You can set hot keys and the menu. It pops up on your screen and the best thing is I CAN SEE IT!!!! No tiny menu where the largest text is still unreadable!
    Try it!! I love the iLaunch thing. I have even deleted Zona Snap for screen shots! AND put important web links on there too! It's so easy once you use it.
    07-30-12 10:20 PM
269 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD