Sultan and his app Advance OS and LED will now be offering two versions of the app. There will now be a Free version and a Pro version. As most of us here know this is a super app that does so many different things to help make our BlackBerry run smooth. On top of that the developer provides the best customer support I have ever seen. He's here to answer any questions on how to set things up and responds immediately to any bugs within the app.

He decided to split the app in two and have a small price to get the full functions of the app to help with the cost of hosting the app. Both versions will be V15.5 and the Free one will update in App World tomorrow. The Pro version is available now. The cost of the Pro version is just $1.99 and you can now get it thru BlackBerry App World. Here's a link to it for you.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18560228

Don't worry though Sultan is still taking care of the Free version as well. He will still be around to support it just as much as the Pro version. In fact he has made it to where if you decide to just stay on the Free version that you still get almost all of the features that's in the Pro version. Here is a rundown of what will be limited in the Free version.
    - Have up to 8 LED contacts.
    - 12 iLaunch items (3 for each type).
    - 3 multi-color LEDs.
    - No auto delete bbm history In the bbm feature.
    - Up to 3 email accounts (Max is 10 for any BlackBerry phone).
    - No backup and restore feature (app settings part only).

So as you see the Free version still offers many of the features thats in the Pro version. I think many people won't even be able to tell the difference since everything else will stay the same. I know for me the Free version will be enough for me but as someone who believes that Sultan should be rewarded a little for all his hard work and that he shouldn't have to pay out of his pocket to host the app I went ahead and downloaded the Pro version as a way to say THANKS. Keep in mind that if you decide to go with the Pro version that the $1.99 is a one time fee. You will have free updates to the app and if you switch devices you will not have to pay again. Also don't forget no matter which version you decide on Sultan will still have the same outstanding customer care as always.

Here's a message from Sultan:
    "The reason I didn't make a lot of limitations in the free version is because I want people to continue enjoying all features for free, and to purchase the paid version if they are serious heavy users or want to donate, I also made sure that users led contacts remain after updating the free version even if they have 100 led contacts, same goes for ilaunch items, they just won't be able to add more"

Last edited by jordan559; 10-30-12 at 03:13 PM.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-30-12 02:21 PM
    ok so by upgrading to the pro version, i do not have to re-create all my shortcuts and contact leds and etc. right? Because I am DEFINITELY purchasing!!!
    Can't live without my iLaunch and internet shortcuts!

OK so I purchased and downloaded. Do I delete the free version? I see two installed versions now. Can I use my backup from the free one for the paid one?

Oh hold on, I had to reboot and let's see what happens. I think it might have replaced the free version with the paid by itself? Oh leave it to Sultan to add another SMART aspect to his app!!!
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-30-12 03:11 PM
    ok so by upgrading to the pro version, i do not have to re-create all my shortcuts and contact leds and etc. right? Because I am DEFINITELY purchasing!!!
    Can't live without my iLaunch and internet shortcuts!

OK so I purchased and downloaded. Do I delete the free version? I see two installed versions now. Can I use my backup from the free one for the paid one?

Oh hold on, I had to reboot and let's see what happens. I think it might have replaced the free version with the paid by itself? Oh leave it to Sultan to add another SMART aspect to his app!!!
    Yes, it will replace itself nicely while keeping all your old settings. Nothing to worry about

Just make sure you reboot after installation
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-30-12 03:34 PM
    Yes, it will replace itself nicely while keeping all your old settings. Nothing to worry about

Just make sure you reboot after installation
    Thanks Sultan! This is a great app and no problems going "Pro".
    10-30-12 03:43 PM
    Purchased - excellent stuff.
    10-30-12 05:48 PM
    Hey Sultan - just purchased Pro - glad to be a charter member of the club!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 07:35 PM
    While Free version is all I need, I bought Pro yesterday as a minimum way to say THANK YOU to Sultan for all his great work and support. It installed over the old version sans problems.
    kraski likes this.
    10-31-12 06:00 AM
    Just downloaded pro-version. Thanks a lot, Sultan!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    10-31-12 07:32 AM
    backing up my cod files for advance os and led and will update and if i dont like the free version ill reload my version that has everything im just 15 cant have a paypall of credit card!
    10-31-12 07:58 AM
    backing up my cod files for advance os and led and will update and if i dont like the free version ill reload my version that has everything im just 15 cant have a paypall of credit card!
    you can also do that since (as promised previously )the old versions will always stay free, there is no hidden cutoff date
    10-31-12 10:37 AM
    Sultan

I presume that we will get a license key for the Pro version so that we can reinstall after a wipe ?

If not, how do we keep the Pro version active without having to pay again ?
    10-31-12 10:37 AM
    Sultan

I presume that we will get a license key for the Pro version so that we can reinstall after a wipe ?

No license key, which means you can copy the cod files using bbsak and install it on 10 or more other phones

as for App World, it should allow you to reinstall if you use the same blackberry ID you purchased the App with, but there might be a limit on the number of times you can reinstall, I'm still new to the paid apps category. Will confirm when I face such issues.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-31-12 10:51 AM
    Sultan

Also if you use bb desktop manager to backup then restore after a wipe, you should be fine.

And if that doesn't work, I'm still here and would always find a way to help people who supported my app
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-31-12 11:00 AM
    Amazing App... Definitely worth the money!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-31-12 11:01 AM
    You bet your @$$ I bought Pro version for the cause.
    Sultan Al Sooz and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-31-12 11:09 AM
    No license key, which means you can copy the cod files using bbsak and install it on 10 or more other phones

as for App World, it should allow you to reinstall if you use the same blackberry ID you purchased the App with, but there might be a limit on the number of times you can reinstall, I'm still new to the paid apps category. Will confirm when I face such issues.
    BlackBerry smartphone users can transfer previously purchased items to a new smartphone up to five times per year (subject to change without notice).
    KB17625-How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone
    Unless something has changed, I hope this helps...
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    10-31-12 12:20 PM
    What is the best way for me to keep my settings when I upgrade? Should I do a backup, delete 15.4, then install 15.5 and restore from the backup?
    10-31-12 11:13 PM
    What is the best way for me to keep my settings when I upgrade? Should I do a backup, delete 15.4, then install 15.5 and restore from the backup?
    There is no harm in taking a backup, and the best way is to just upgrade, your settings will stay the same regardless if Pro or Free
    go1ndr likes this.
    10-31-12 11:47 PM
    I have a question to/for all of you since I am new to Advance OS-that said, I'm not new to these forums--especially the 9810 forum, just Advance OS--
    I've had the app on my 9810 for about 2 months and the only option I currently use is the Battery monitor. I purposely do not use many of the others as I have other currently working apps that would cause a duplication of their operation and problems�
    ie: I had a great app called Battery Icon, but when I installed AdvOS, it caused a massive battery drain. I deleted AdvOS and it was back to normal. I then deleted Battery Icon and reinstalled AdvOS and it was fine. To make sure this wasn't a mistake, I again reinstalled Battery Icon and bingo-battery drain. Finally deleted Battery Icon for good and kept AdvOS as I wanted to use the many features�problem is I don�t.
    I do use the battery monitor function on AdvOS but the only reading that works on it, is % left--none of the other functions work, like memory loss or drain rate and that is a bummer! They all say 0 (zero). I'm afraid to use the other, many functions as I may have an app that does the same thing (like above) and do not want another battery drain time consuming issue.
    So--my question is: has anyone else had these problems and are there any AdvOS functions that work really great; and would warrant removing programs I currently have that work well? Examples that come to mind would be: Device Reset (currently us �deLight Reset�), Flashlight (currently use �Flashlight 2 for 1�), ScreenShot (Currently use �Screen Shot Capture Pro�), Popup (currently use �POPUP by Vixso�).
    I know that this app is highly rated which is why I got it, but I just wonder if I enabled any, or many of the options it has available, would I see the same result in battery drain, crossed cod files that would corrupt the app or operation of phone, etc?
    Any thoughts on this are really appreciated as I would like to use more of the features that it has available. FYI, the blinking lights look cool but are not important to me as I am more into useable functions as opposed to blinking lights.
    Thanks so much for you help and advice. Go1ndr
    11-01-12 06:16 PM
    Let me try to help you. IF there is any downside to AOS it is its tendency to not play well with some other apps that do some of its functions (eg, LIO's popups do not work with AOS installed even if its popup feature is set to off). Yet AOS does so many functions as well as those separate apps I strongly suggest that you delete all those apps and use the AOS funtions. You will use far less resources and battery. Give it a try you can always go back but I doubt you will.
    jaydee5799 and go1ndr like this.
    11-01-12 06:34 PM
    I have a question to/for all of you since I am new to Advance OS-that said, I'm not new to these forums--especially the 9810 forum, just Advance OS--
    I've had the app on my 9810 for about 2 months and the only option I currently use is the Battery monitor. I purposely do not use many of the others as I have other currently working apps that would cause a duplication of their operation and problems�
    ie: I had a great app called Battery Icon, but when I installed AdvOS, it caused a massive battery drain. I deleted AdvOS and it was back to normal. I then deleted Battery Icon and reinstalled AdvOS and it was fine. To make sure this wasn't a mistake, I again reinstalled Battery Icon and bingo-battery drain. Finally deleted Battery Icon for good and kept AdvOS as I wanted to use the many features�problem is I don�t.
    I do use the battery monitor function on AdvOS but the only reading that works on it, is % left--none of the other functions work, like memory loss or drain rate and that is a bummer! They all say 0 (zero). I'm afraid to use the other, many functions as I may have an app that does the same thing (like above) and do not want another battery drain time consuming issue.
    So--my question is: has anyone else had these problems and are there any AdvOS functions that work really great; and would warrant removing programs I currently have that work well? Examples that come to mind would be: Device Reset (currently us �deLight Reset�), Flashlight (currently use �Flashlight 2 for 1�), ScreenShot (Currently use �Screen Shot Capture Pro�), Popup (currently use �POPUP by Vixso�).
    I know that this app is highly rated which is why I got it, but I just wonder if I enabled any, or many of the options it has available, would I see the same result in battery drain, crossed cod files that would corrupt the app or operation of phone, etc?
    Any thoughts on this are really appreciated as I would like to use more of the features that it has available. FYI, the blinking lights look cool but are not important to me as I am more into useable functions as opposed to blinking lights.
    Thanks so much for you help and advice. Go1ndr
    battery monitor readings will work when you enable "battery & usage monitor" feature, it seems I forgot to add this info in the help section.

2 apps will always drain more battery than 1 app, imagine 5 apps.

Final thoughts, you can enable all the features in my App, it shouldnt damage any other App ( it might, very rare, interfere with other 3rd party SMS or email apps, but you should notice this the moment you install my App)

p.s. you should be fine with the free version of my App.
    go1ndr likes this.
    11-01-12 11:01 PM
    No two questions, definitely going pro on this app.

Thank you for the hard work Sultan!
    11-02-12 12:52 AM
    battery monitor readings will work when you enable "battery & usage monitor" feature, it seems I forgot to add this info in the help section.

2 apps will always drain more battery than 1 app, imagine 5 apps.

Final thoughts, you can enable all the features in my App, it shouldnt damage any other App ( it might, very rare, interfere with other 3rd party SMS or email apps, but you should notice this the moment you install my App)

p.s. you should be fine with the free version of my App.
    Thanks for the info and I'll give it a try this weekend. I appreciate your hard work on our behalf! Go1ndr
    11-02-12 12:21 PM
    Let me try to help you. IF there is any downside to AOS it is its tendency to not play well with some other apps that do some of its functions (eg, LIO's popups do not work with AOS installed even if its popup feature is set to off). Yet AOS does so many functions as well as those separate apps I strongly suggest that you delete all those apps and use the AOS funtions. You will use far less resources and battery. Give it a try you can always go back but I doubt you will.
    Thanks Blazor Boy, I will follow your lead on this and see how they work. I know they say there won't be any issues with using two apps for the same function, but that wasn't the case with the battery icon app nor with your pop up apps. Thanks for the info and help! Much appreciated.
    11-02-12 12:23 PM
    I loaded a new OS and got AOSLED and it won't let me restore....it says I'l l need pro to use that feature, is that the case?

EDIT

Just re read that, guess I have to re do all my settings til I go pro, oh well
    11-02-12 07:29 PM
143 123 ...