Hi Sultan Al Sooz,

Thank you very much for the reply. I did notice the file size on this app of yours and..... I would like to test it out for a few days.....BUT.....do I need to remove my BerryBuzz and Berry Pop-Up and my Quicklaunch to use your app OR can I just disable those apps?
    08-25-12 06:59 PM
    Thank you for the FAQ, this is my #1 must have app!
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    08-26-12 02:16 AM
    Hi Sultan Al Sooz,

Thank you very much for the reply. I did notice the file size on this app of yours and..... I would like to test it out for a few days.....BUT.....do I need to remove my BerryBuzz and Berry Pop-Up and my Quicklaunch to use your app OR can I just disable those apps?
    berrybuzz doesnt allow other LED apps to blink for more than 2 minutes, you will need to delete it, as for the others, you can just disable them
    Mojave likes this.
    08-26-12 03:16 AM
    speaking of apps deleted.

Took these out of my device after I installed Advance Os and Led.
    It wasn't easy letting go.
    Advance OS and Led was smaller in size, and the greatest in functionality

bebuzz
    bepopup
    leave it on
    flashlight
    quickpull
    Addonis
    contacts cleaner
    Screenshot app
    menu clock
    menu battery
    call lock

The hardest to let go was my htcfirely theme for Storm. It was a great theme. Gave me just one click access to all the apps. That was the only theme that stayed really long in my device. Advance OS and Led was reason enough to let it go. Why? CUSTOM ACTIONS mate!

I'm no expert. I'm just a fan of Blackberry, and of Sultans great app. I hope this somehow helps those who have second thoughts checking out the app.

Last edited by brodcaster; 08-27-12 at 06:48 PM. Reason: need to add one more experience
    08-26-12 10:18 PM
    Is there a way to download external images automatically in emails? Or is it already included in the new download attachments automatically feature?
    08-27-12 12:18 AM
    Is there a way to download external images automatically in emails? Or is it already included in the new download attachments automatically feature?

unfortunately this is a security issue, therefore i wont be adding it to my app. however if you trust the sender, you can simply click menu and select "get images" in any email message
    08-27-12 04:33 AM
    unfortunately this is a security issue, therefore i wont be adding it to my app. however if you trust the sender, you can simply click menu and select "get images" in any email message
    Okay, that's also my understanding of why there is no such option in the native BB software; downloading images from an external source then indicates to the source that the email address is valid and active. I use Outlook at work and I believe there I have set certain trusted sites to download images. Is there a way to create a list of trusted senders and then enable automatic image download for them only? I suppose there would still be a vulnerability in the event that the trusted sender's server gets hijacked.
    08-27-12 02:00 PM
    Here is an app called "Show Me the Images" which has a "safe list". You can add any email that you trust to that safe list. Buy Show Me the Images - Download Show Me the Images - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I've had it on my Bold 9650 and now on my Bold 9930 and I love it. Check it out and see if it will work for you.
    08-27-12 02:26 PM
    Okay, that's also my understanding of why there is no such option in the native BB software; downloading images from an external source then indicates to the source that the email address is valid and active. I use Outlook at work and I believe there I have set certain trusted sites to download images. Is there a way to create a list of trusted senders and then enable automatic image download for them only? I suppose there would still be a vulnerability in the event that the trusted sender's server gets hijacked.
    that makes sense

lol, hijacking is extreme, i wouldnt have thought that far

yes its doable this way, but its better if it is a separate app, i try to include must have features for every blackberry in my app. as pointed by others, im sure there is another app that does this, and if i get some more free time i will add it after version 15
    08-27-12 02:41 PM
    Mojave, thanks for the suggestion. Looks that app will fit the bill perfectly.

Sultan, I just mentioned the hijacking because I recall hackers have replaced homepages of websites, usually with a defaced version to make a point. It therefore seems possible to hack into a website and replaced the linked image with another one containing malware. I know some of my colleagues have been hit with javascript viruses from normal looking websites, perhaps because of some type of covert hijacking? In any case, I don't think this is an issue for BlackBerries because they are probably not vulnerable to this type of malware, or at least I hope!

Another question. I have the notification LED set to stop when I open the app. It works fine when I am not currently running the Messages app (unified inbox). Frequently I leave my phone running the Messages app and it locks itself after 5 minutes. When a new message arrives, the LED flashes (I can see it in the holster). However, when I take it out and it turns on and displays the password prompt. At that point, the LED stops flashing, as if it views the password entry as accessing the app. Is this the intended behaviour or am I missing something?
    08-28-12 12:29 AM
    Another question. I have the notification LED set to stop when I open the app. It works fine when I am not currently running the Messages app (unified inbox). Frequently I leave my phone running the Messages app and it locks itself after 5 minutes. When a new message arrives, the LED flashes (I can see it in the holster). However, when I take it out and it turns on and displays the password prompt. At that point, the LED stops flashing, as if it views the password entry as accessing the app. Is this the intended behaviour or am I missing something?
    try turning off the Email LED in sound profiles for all your email accounts, so it wont conflict with my app's LED, it could be native bb behavior, so turning off the LED might solve this. let me know the outcome
    08-28-12 01:03 AM
    Feature Request - The app has "call dial confirm" which I can turn on and off manually. I was wondering if this feature can be optioned so that it will turn on automatically if you are roaming? This would be a very useful feature because pocket dialing when your roaming can be costly!
    08-28-12 10:14 AM
    Feature Request - The app has "call dial confirm" which I can turn on and off manually. I was wondering if this feature can be optioned so that it will turn on automatically if you are roaming? This would be a very useful feature because pocket dialing when your roaming can be costly!
    i made the feature so you can either keep it ON all the time, or turn it off. its not meant to be sometimes ON, as you will get confused, i was at the beginning
    08-28-12 12:04 PM
    try turning off the Email LED in sound profiles for all your email accounts, so it wont conflict with my app's LED, it could be native bb behavior, so turning off the LED might solve this. let me know the outcome
    Sorry, no luck with the LED turned off for phone, all email accounts, SMS and BBM. The only things with the LED still on in the native sound profiles are Level 1, PIN, Calendar, Follow up Flags, Tasks, Blackberry Travel, Social Feeds (which I never use) and Twitter.
    08-28-12 04:44 PM
    Sorry, no luck with the LED turned off for phone, all email accounts, SMS and BBM. The only things with the LED still on in the native sound profiles are Level 1, PIN, Calendar, Follow up Flags, Tasks, Blackberry Travel, Social Feeds (which I never use) and Twitter.
    it looks like the password unlock screen acts as a popup and not a full app, so my app thinks you just opened the messages app, so it clears the LED.

the password screen is a problem for us developers, but it is necessary for security, the only way to avoid this is to always exit the messages app before your phone gets locked.
    08-28-12 05:03 PM
    Best app sir. Best app.
    08-28-12 05:41 PM
    it looks like the password unlock screen acts as a popup and not a full app, so my app thinks you just opened the messages app, so it clears the LED.

the password screen is a problem for us developers, but it is necessary for security, the only way to avoid this is to always exit the messages app before your phone gets locked.
    I'm very security conscious, so I happily accept the password lock. Heck, I even set the auto-lock time to 5 minutes because I'm paranoid, which is probably less than what many BES admins set their policy for.

On a related note, I also think that it is great that RIM does not display previews of notifications (e.g., emails, SMS, appointments) on the lock screen like other OSes. However, I think that RIM should implement the option to do so in BB10, in order to take care of the average consumer who prefers convenience over security - satisfy everyone!
    08-29-12 11:38 PM
    Best app sir. Best app.
    QFT. [ten char]
    08-29-12 11:38 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD