may i know if the haptic feedback can be automatically turned off when the power is low?
    can you explain your request in more details ?
    03-12-12 02:00 AM
    maybe you placed the bbm pin in the wrong field in the phone contact. the easiest way to put the bbm pin correctly, is to go to bbm app, search for your contact, highlight the contact's name and click option, then click on "link with blackberry contact"

then in my app, go to led feature, click menu then click "update contact details". then double check the LED contact in my app to make sure the bbm pin is showing under "contact details" button.
    Hiya again, done that "Link with blackberry contact" but i didn't do the "update contact details " and now its working , the colours i choose for that contact horrraayy ....
    But one thing i'm finding now is that my battery is going down quicker ...here's an example i was at 85% and in 5 mins it went down to 81% without being in use this morning after i charged it ..and last night before going bed it was at 88% come down this morning and it was at 69% and the phone was idle all night ..jeeze soz to be a pain but i really wanna use this app but if it drains my battery thats not good
    03-12-12 03:58 AM
    Hiya again, done that "Link with blackberry contact" but i didn't do the "update contact details " and now its working , the colours i choose for that contact horrraayy ....
    But one thing i'm finding now is that my battery is going down quicker ...here's an example i was at 85% and in 5 mins it went down to 81% without being in use this morning after i charged it ..and last night before going bed it was at 88% come down this morning and it was at 69% and the phone was idle all night ..jeeze soz to be a pain but i really wanna use this app but if it drains my battery thats not good
    You think this is from my app

what about your phone voice and data network activity (even in idle), what about all the other apps that work in the background and uses phone resources (BBM, OS, etc..)

to tell you the truth, its not my app, my app just provides LED, SOUND and SCREEN features, unfortunately these features use battery power with or without my app.

to prove my point, enable Night LED, and make sure that all LEDs in the Night LED option are set to OFF, and also link the popup deactivation with night LED. and see the difference when my app is running but your phone won't use the LED nor the SCREEN light

Its simple science, light and sound needs more energy to function, not my app
    03-12-12 04:11 AM
    You think this is from my app

what about your phone voice and data network activity (even in idle), what about all the other apps that work in the background and uses phone resources (BBM, OS, etc..)

to tell you the truth, its not my app, my app just provides LED, SOUND and SCREEN features, unfortunately these features use battery power with or without my app.

to prove my point, enable Night LED, and make sure that all LEDs in the Night LED option are set to OFF, and also link the popup deactivation with night LED. and see the difference when my app is running but your phone won't use the LED nor the SCREEN light

Its simple science, light and sound needs more energy to function, not my app
    Ok i'll try that Night LED , sorry to be a pain , could you just explain the link the popup deactivation and how i do that ..
    thanks again
    03-12-12 04:30 AM
    could you just explain the link the popup deactivation and how i do that ..
    open popup feature in my app, then select "Night LED On" for "Disable Popups when". this will stop the popups when Night LED is activated
    03-12-12 05:01 AM
    open popup feature in my app, then select "Night LED On" for "Disable Popups when". this will stop the popups when Night LED is activated
    Ok , thanks for that, done it now...thanks for being so helpful and understanding
    Still thinks your app rocks lol...
    03-12-12 05:50 AM
    can you explain your request in more details ?
    I want my screen to vibrate everytime i type. but if the battery is low, i want the vibration to stop to conserve power. =)
    03-13-12 01:36 AM
    I want my screen to vibrate everytime i type. but if the battery is low, i want the vibration to stop to conserve power. =)
    You can use the keypad menu to do that, just enable "Activate keypad in all menus", and you will have the ability to switch on and off keypad vibration from any app

and soon you wont need the menu when i release my Quick launcher feature, the power of this new feature should not be taken lightly
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 03-13-12 at 03:43 AM.
    03-13-12 02:40 AM
    Sultan,

Your love shows so much in your work. THANK YOU!

Loving every part of this really great app.
    03-13-12 07:07 PM
    Sultan,

I won't be surprised if someday, you would create an assistant as good as JARVIS =).

thx=)
    03-14-12 05:27 AM
    Hi Again, lol... just been trying to set up the colour for Facebook Chat and it won't work , i click on update details etc, but don't matter what colour i choose or how many blinks it wont do it other then the standard red ...why would this be ?
    03-14-12 05:47 AM
    Hi Again, lol... just been trying to set up the colour for Facebook Chat and it won't work , i click on update details etc, but don't matter what colour i choose or how many blinks it wont do it other then the standard red ...why would this be ?
    Facebook Chat by RIM (blackberry) is available directly in the LED feature.

however, if you downloaded another app which is not made by blackberry, then you either check my website for the App Key, or capture the app using custom led in my app.

since there are many Facebook chat apps for blackberry, im not sure which one you are referring to.
    03-14-12 06:25 AM
    Facebook Chat by RIM (blackberry) is available directly in the LED feature.

however, if you downloaded another app which is not made by blackberry, then you either check my website for the App Key, or capture the app using custom led in my app.

since there are many Facebook chat apps for blackberry, im not sure which one you are referring to.
    Oh i meant to say its the one called Facebook messenger that i use, would that be different to the Facebook Chat would it ? if so how do you capture the app , its all new to me lol...
    03-14-12 07:15 AM
    Oh i meant to say its the one called Facebook messenger that i use, would that be different to the Facebook Chat would it ? if so how do you capture the app , its all new to me lol...
    the Facebook messenger made by Facebook can be easily added in my app, no need to capture it, since the app key is already captured by someone and was posted on my on my website in the app key page.

just enter the app key in LED feature> custom apps and you can start LED customization for Facebook messenger
    animallover20 likes this.
    03-14-12 07:49 AM
    Hello friends,
    This is a question for Mr. Sultan or for anyone with OS7: I'm upgrading to a 9810 so I need to know, is AO&L fully compatible with OS7 and up?
    I'm sure I could find the answer myself, but its past mindnight down here and I'm really tired.
    Cheers
    03-15-12 01:34 AM
    Hello friends,
    This is a question for Mr. Sultan or for anyone with OS7: I'm upgrading to a 9810 so I need to know, is AO&L fully compatible with OS7 and up?
    I'm sure I could find the answer myself, but its past mindnight down here and I'm really tired.
    Cheers
    i can answer this question

sure it is supported, even on the OS 7.1.0.284, my phone is also a 9810
    03-15-12 01:38 AM
    i can answer this question
    sure it is supported, even on the OS 7.1.0.284, my phone is also a 9810
    Much obliged.
    03-15-12 02:08 AM
    It would be really awesome if you could incorporate a pattern lock function for touch screen BB's in your app... I believe I emailed Sultan about this -- and, is it because you have a company issued cell-phone and you can't do it on their, or do you not have a touch screen phone? If not...sounds like you need to hit up RIM to see if they'll give you a touch screen for "developer review/testing."
    03-18-12 01:18 PM
    It would be really awesome if you could incorporate a pattern lock function for touch screen BB's in your app... I believe I emailed Sultan about this -- and, is it because you have a company issued cell-phone and you can't do it on their, or do you not have a touch screen phone? If not...sounds like you need to hit up RIM to see if they'll give you a touch screen for "developer review/testing."
    i do own a 9810, however i have it password locked since i use it for work emails ( as i explained in my email to you ).

screen lock is a nice idea, maybe i can add this feature when im done with quick launcher and call/email/sms blocker features
    03-18-12 01:26 PM
    i do own a 9810, however i have it password locked since i use it for work emails ( as i explained in my email to you ).

screen lock is a nice idea, maybe i can add this feature when im done with quick launcher and call/email/sms blocker features
    Gotcha. Makes sense now! Sorry about that! When I was in software support, I got in the habit of skimming emails - and as a result, I still do that! Thanks again for this wicked awesome app!
    03-18-12 01:37 PM
    Sultan,

I have another feature request in addition to the request about using the media/lock keys as convenience keys - I know to do convenience keys, OS need to be OS5 and above. The new request is automatically restart specific application(s) after a reboot.

Thanks
    03-19-12 01:18 PM
    Sultan,

I have another feature request in addition to the request about using the media/lock keys as convenience keys - I know to do convenience keys, OS need to be OS5 and above. The new request is automatically restart specific application(s) after a reboot.

Thanks
    interesting

can you give me an example ?
    03-19-12 01:21 PM
    interesting

can you give me an example ?
    Sure can. My use case: I have RSS app that I constantly have running in the background to pull RSS feeds. If the app is not running, feeds won't get loaded and when the app does start hours later, it will only pull the most recent items (I want all items). Sometimes I forget to start the app after a reboot and as such, may lose feed articles.

The main reason for this feature request is so that I can pair it with schedule reboot of the device in the evening (i.e., while sleeping) and after the reboot, start up the RSS app and not miss any feed articles.
    03-19-12 06:51 PM
    Sure can. My use case: I have RSS app that I constantly have running in the background to pull RSS feeds. If the app is not running, feeds won't get loaded and when the app does start hours later, it will only pull the most recent items (I want all items). Sometimes I forget to start the app after a reboot and as such, may lose feed articles.

The main reason for this feature request is so that I can pair it with schedule reboot of the device in the evening (i.e., while sleeping) and after the reboot, start up the RSS app and not miss any feed articles.
    Sounds like you do need an Auto Run feature

sure, why not, i will add an Auto Run feature, so you can launch apps when device starts. i might also include a schedule feature, to run apps at a specific time.

while im at it, i will also provide the ability to auto run custom actions (this is my new Quick Launch feature, where u can automate anything on your phone, from switching sound profiles and enabling bluetooth to opening all apps installed, by injecting key strokes and pointer movements, the absolute power to any user)

however, auto run feature might have to wait for few more weeks, since im just about to release my next update (version 11) which has the new Quick Launch feature
    03-20-12 01:12 AM
    Sounds like you do need an Auto Run feature

sure, why not, i will add an Auto Run feature, so you can launch apps when device starts. i might also include a schedule feature, to run apps at a specific time.

while im at it, i will also provide the ability to auto run custom actions (this is my new Quick Launch feature, where u can automate anything on your phone, from switching sound profiles and enabling bluetooth to opening all apps installed, by injecting key strokes and pointer movements, the absolute power to any user)

however, auto run feature might have to wait for few more weeks, since im just about to release my next update (version 11) which has the new Quick Launch feature
    Thank you.

No rush as I am sure you have lots on your plate...by the way, how is the wedding coming along?
    03-21-12 04:06 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD