A lot of android phones wouldn't support it as they don't have leds or don't have multicolor leds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 03:48 PM
    Lol, whats all this !!?

if you are using your pc, then just goto my app's facebook, its much easier since you dont need to authenticate to facebook (cause your already logged in), OR use your blackberry phone inside my site by clicking on the facebook login button in the app keys page
    That is from my PC. And it's the only FB page that argues with me.
    02-26-12 08:21 PM
    A lot of android phones wouldn't support it as they don't have leds or don't have multicolor leds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    So true, but who said my app is an LED app only, LED is only 15% of what my app can do

Tip for ur 9810, try out my keypad exclusive feature, it will make ur phone vibrate when ur dailing using ur touch screen numpad in phone app, Android users kept making fun of bb phones cause it couldn't do it, until my app showed up and made it possibile to vibrate touch screen keypad in all apps, not just while dailing, now we can make fun out of Androids , not enough, u can even control the keypad vibration length if u wanted too

S
    02-26-12 09:08 PM
    The popup timeout trick works well. Except it reminds me how much I hate popups. Especially when I'm typing and can't finish a word till I get rid of the popup. I admin a bbm group that can be pretty active, have four moderately active email accounts coming to my phone, get texts from various sources, including the local police. For me, it would be much easier just to have a shorter LED timeout without the popups. So, if I may, I'm requesting that, again.
    02-27-12 01:20 AM
    The popup timeout trick works well. Except it reminds me how much I hate popups. Especially when I'm typing and can't finish a word till I get rid of the popup. I admin a bbm group that can be pretty active, have four moderately active email accounts coming to my phone, get texts from various sources, including the local police. For me, it would be much easier just to have a shorter LED timeout without the popups. So, if I may, I'm requesting that, again.
    You did want to chain me to my programming desk and surly you didnt expect me to come up with primitive popups that cant be controlled they way you want

just hit end call key when a popup is visible if you dont want to be disturbed by popups, especially when your writing or watching something on your phone, then select DND (Do Not Disturb)

popups will resume automatically once you finish doing what you were doing on your phone when your back on homescreen
    02-27-12 01:33 AM
    You did want to chain me to my programming desk and surly you didnt expect me to come up with primitive popups that cant be controlled they way you want

just hit end call key when a popup is visible if you dont want to be disturbed by popups, especially when your writing or watching something on your phone, then select DND (Do Not Disturb)

popups will resume automatically once you finish doing what you were doing on your phone when your back on homescreen
    If I do the DND, does the LED go back to a minute because there's no popup? Or do I still have a 20 second timeout as I would if the popup were active? See, I'm asking for the best of both worlds. LED timeout under a minute and no popups.
    02-27-12 02:25 AM
    If I do the DND, does the LED go back to a minute because there's no popup? Or do I still have a 20 second timeout as I would if the popup were active? See, I'm asking for the best of both worlds. LED timeout under a minute and no popups.
    It will go back to 20 seconds

Its simple, when u use ur phone, u don't want LED nor popups ( not even for 10s). So use DND and led stop with user activity (OR activate Night LED ).

When u put ur phone on ur desk, u want 20s led. All. Available in version 10.

Don't worry about the technical bits, that's for me to worry about when I'm chained to my programming desk
    02-27-12 03:08 AM
    It will go back to 20 seconds

Its simple, when u use ur phone, u don't want LED nor popups ( not even for 10s). So use DND and led stop with user activity (OR activate Night LED ).

When u put ur phone on ur desk, u want 20s led. All. Available in version 10.

Don't worry about the technical bits, that's for me to worry about when I'm chained to my programming desk
    I don't think I was clear enough.

1) During normal operation, I'd prefer LED active, no popups, LED length settable to something less than a full minute. The 1 minute setting is actually longer than what my phone was doing before BeBuzz and, now, AOL. And the extra length does seem to effect battery life, along with being inappropriate in certain business or counseling situations. It just needs to be long enough to catch my attention, without becoming a distraction to me or those around me.

2) Yes, I use night mode. For me, that should be that both LED and popups are off.

And I'm now certain you must be chained to your programming desk because you don't seem to sleep much.
    02-27-12 09:14 AM
    I don't think I was clear enough.
    1) During normal operation, I'd prefer LED active, no popups, LED length....
    2) Yes,...
    And I'm now certain you must be chained to your programming desk because you don't seem to sleep much.
    here are the answers for Q 1 and 2

1) i explained how to get even 10s LED, popups wont distract you when your holding your phone in DND mode or Night LED

2) Night LED is built for LED and Popups, so yes you can disable both at the same time using night LED (set "Disable Popups" to "Night LED On" in the popups settings.

my app can be used in simple mode (default settings) or extreme customization, you just need to explore all the given options (they are a lot) and i need to switch my chain from the programming desk to the technical writing round table (a desk wont be big enough to write all the user help manuals for my tiny sized app )

im starting to get a little worried about people reactions when i release Version 10.5 of my app which includes Quicklaunch features and shortcuts ( i will have to rent a printing center to right all the user help manuals and possibilities )

@kraski, ok i admit, i might have not covered everyone's wishes, but at least i tried my best to change things in the bb world (while sleeping, day job (Information Security), and preparing for my wedding which is next month )
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 02-27-12 at 10:05 AM.
    02-27-12 09:57 AM
    @kraski, ok i admit, i might have not covered everyone's wishes, but at least i tried my best to change things in the bb world (while sleeping, day job (Information Security), and preparing for my wedding which is next month )
    You've covered a lot. And I still am not sure I believe you really sleep. And congrats on the upcoming wedding.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    02-27-12 12:55 PM
    Lol, one app is already a nightmare (coding, bugs, supporting users, testing, competitors harassment, stress), making me deal with two nightmares would be criminal act
    I want to know more about these harassment so I know who to avoid.

Also, congrats on the wedding.
    02-27-12 06:18 PM
    Sultan, THANK YOU
    02-27-12 06:49 PM
    I want to know more about these harassment so I know who to avoid.

Also, congrats on the wedding.
    if you challenge big app makers, like i did (and i have many haters now), it seems they use the blackberry simulators to cheat and add good reviews to their own apps so they can stay on the top, also thats not enough, they try to poison other app's reviews so people wont even try them, cause if people download other app and compare the features, they will never go back to memory hogging and limited apps ever again.

apps that has more than 80 reviews per day and everyday are cheaters, why, cause i've been keeping an eye on the top 25 free apps for months now, and i noticed that few apps are not inline with the reviews counts, one app had more than 10,000 reviews in less than 1 month, lol, at the same time, another app which is almost identical and has more downloads got 500 reviews only in the same period. and guess what, 99% of the 10,000 reviews were 4 or 5 stars with very good rating

Blackberry App World Rating system is not safe nor secure, cheaters can take advantages of it at anytime and destroy the fair competition.

poisoned reviews sounds like these ones:

-"after installing this app, my phone battery dies in less than 1 hour, DONT INSTALL AT ANY COST"

- "installed then uninstalled and now my phone battery does NOT last more than 1 hour ."

- "it slowed down my phone, i cant even use it anymore, Deleted."

- "it steals your private information, dont install"

and many more similar unrealistic scary reviews.

Shame on you cheaters have some dignity, how will you face yourself and people (your fans who still support you like your the best thing on earth) when everyone finds out you had to go so low. how are you going to hide all these thousand reviews, lol. (you know i can point you out easily, but i haven't reach that low yet )
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 02-27-12 at 09:19 PM.
    02-27-12 09:00 PM
    I'm really glad you're revealing these facts to us.
    02-27-12 10:29 PM
    Can you please post LED key for Kik Messenger?
    I love your app, its coolest one in Blackberry App World
    04-23-12 03:29 AM
    Can you please post LED key for Kik Messenger?
    I love your app, its coolest one in Blackberry App World
    This is an old thread, and no longer valid, can you please use this thread instead to post your questions and requests, thanks

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-716264/
    04-23-12 04:12 AM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD