Wow v10.0 already.. Man, you're prolific

Could you explain what these custom app keys are exactly?

Thanks!
    Sure, just keep in mind that my app can customize the LED light for any app with a sound profile (ringtone) on your phone

For example you want to customize UberSocial new tweet LED, before version 10.0 you would have used the capture LED method in the Custom App LED section, required you to start LED capture mode and wait for the new tweet notification to reach your phone, a lot of people couldnt get it right.

However, with version 10.0, you can simply enter UberSocial new tweet key, and your done , you now have the ability to customize the LED for UberSocial new tweet with no efforts at all.

So whats nice about the new custom App Keys option.

- Keys for App LEDs can be easily found on my website or shared among friends (think whatsapp group message, 3rd party facebook messenger (all of them), and much more.

- Any 3rd party company wants to utilize my app exclusive LED effects and abilities can just share App Keys on my website, (or even private companies with private custom bb apps can share between its own employees only) for free with no development efforts from their side.

- Keep switching between custom apps whenever you want with ease.

It is the most powerful option in my LED feature, since it can customize any app LED, even apps which will be released tomorrow (future-proof), users dont have to request from me to add support to their favorite app, they can just capture it (and with App Keys, they can share it or reuse it whenever they want).

Hope you will enjoy customizing LEDs for your favorite apps, also please remember you can share App Keys on my website to help others
    RS500 likes this.
    02-16-12 07:41 AM
    I have a suggestion for this great app. When I am in SMS or BBM, every time someone send me a reply to a message, the app generate a pop up. Pop ups are great(that's why I have it enabled) when the phone is locked or I am not in the program that the message was sent. But it is annoying when pop ups keep coming out even when I am in a conversation. For example, if I am in SMS sending people messages, it is annoying if the pop up comes out for an SMS because I am already looking at SMS messages.

I don't remember if I post this info here before. But in case I haven't I think you may be a able to improve the app by writing a code to stop pop up for apps that a are in use. For example, if I am BBMing, then BBM pop ups will stop. If I am in Email, the Email pop up will stop, etc, etc.

Again, thank you so much for the FREE app.
    kraski likes this.
    02-16-12 08:16 AM
    So this app does what BeBuzz does? I just want to color customize my LED.

I'm tired of BeBuzz always makin me pay for updates. It's crazy.
    02-16-12 08:19 AM
    @mss-ca

What about if ur bbming or writing an email and someone else bbm u or emails u ?
    If ur bbming and want to stop all bbm popups just click the letter 's' twice , or see popup buttons if u have a touch screen
    If ur smsing or emailing and want to stop popups, just press end call key then select DND

@chrisy520
    Bebuzz paid plus much more, think OS level not just app level
    kraski and mssca like this.
    02-16-12 08:54 AM
    @mss-ca

What about if ur bbming or writing an email and someone else bbm u or emails u ?
    If ur bbming and want to stop all bbm popups just click the letter 's' twice , or see popup buttons if u have a touch screen
    If ur smsing or emailing and want to stop popups, just press end call key then select DND

@chrisy520
    Bebuzz paid plus much more, think OS level not just app level
    So when I go out of the SMS app, it will go back to default SMS pop up? If not you may want to look in to adding an option to enable/disable popups while you are in the SMS program itself. This way each user can customize to their own taste.

Thank you for the free app anyway.
    02-16-12 05:15 PM

Um, if all you want to do is customize LED color, why do you need an updated BeBuzz? Not being snippy, just wondering. I used BeBuzz before I discovered this app and I basically stopped doing the update thing.
    02-16-12 05:21 PM

Yup. It sure does. You can just go in and have all the other settings empty except your LED options.
    02-16-12 07:29 PM
    Best free app... Wish android can do this.
    02-16-12 09:29 PM
    This thread on page 3? That won't do..

In the interest of covering my a$$, lest I get flamed for bumping for the sake of bumping, I shall post a question.

How does one go about obtaining an app key?

Also: Bump
    02-23-12 05:03 AM
    How does one go about obtaining an app key?
    Also: Bump
    Its simple, you either capture the Apps LED yourself and share it, or you Get it from my website (or your friends).

I have included a mini guide on how to capture APP LEDs when you try to set the "Custom App #" located in the LED feature.

Since im posting an answer right now, why not let people know what im currently working on

Quicklaunch feature in my app, using camera key (convenient Key) to show a popup with :
    - system (time, date, battery) details
    - global menus like Stop LED Light, Take Screenshot etc..,
    - websites you define
    - Chat and custom Apps

Anytime and from any app, no more scrolling long menus or looking for your favorite apps on your homescreen.

Also, it will automatically hide all AO&L global menus when this feature is enabled, cause these menu items will be part of Quicklaunch popup

Maybe in two weeks time
    02-23-12 05:29 AM
    Its simple, you either capture the Apps LED yourself and share it, or you Get it from my website (or your friends).

I have included a mini guide on how to capture APP LEDs when you try to set the "Custom App #" located in the LED feature.

Since im posting an answer right now, why not let people know what im currently working on

Quicklaunch feature in my app, using camera key (convenient Key) to show a popup with :
    - system (time, date, battery) details
    - global menus like Stop LED Light, Take Screenshot etc..,
    - websites you define
    - Chat and custom Apps

Anytime and from any app, no more scrolling long menus or looking for your favorite apps on your homescreen.

Also, it will automatically hide all AO&L global menus when this feature is enabled, cause these menu items will be part of Quicklaunch popup

Maybe in two weeks time
    Very nice. I can't wait.

Any chance of incorporating a feature wish list of using other keys (media and lock) to function as convenience keys? Maybe I can set one of the media keys to use with AO&L new features (is AO&L the preferred abbreviation? I used AOSLED in the past).

I lost the ability to set LED for emails when I updated to the latest version. The "Email Accounts" section shows zero (0). How do I fix?
    02-23-12 07:22 PM
    Very nice. I can't wait.

Any chance of incorporating a feature wish list of using other keys (media and lock) to function as convenience keys? Maybe I can set one of the media keys to use with AO&L new features (is AO&L the preferred abbreviation? I used AOSLED in the past).

I lost the ability to set LED for emails when I updated to the latest version. The "Email Accounts" section shows zero (0). How do I fix?
    Media keys are not supported in any OS below 5, and I still support 4.6.

AOSLED is fine too

Just restart ur phone after updating to show ur email accounts, if still doesn't, then delete app and reinstall again (backup ur settings first)
    02-23-12 07:28 PM
    Media keys are not supported in any OS below 5, and I still support 4.6.

AOSLED is fine too

Just restart ur phone after updating to show ur email accounts, if still doesn't, then delete app and reinstall again (backup ur settings first)
    Sultan,

Maybe time to stop support on OS5?

In regards to the missing emails setting, I have tried those troubeshooting steps to no avail.
    02-24-12 03:11 PM
    In regards to the missing emails setting, I have tried those troubeshooting steps to no avail.
    I haven't change the way my app reads email accounts, so it could be that u need to allow permissions to my app. Try allowing everything in application management.
    02-24-12 09:38 PM
    Sultan, is 1 minute the shortest setting possible for LED? That's the shortest option before Off. In many of the circumstances I'm in, that's too long. Particularly if my phone is on a table or desk across the room. I'd like to see .5 minutes, if that's possible.
    02-25-12 12:03 AM
    There is a trick in my app were u can do what u requested

Here is how:
    1- set "Stop Led when" to "close popups" in led feature.
    2- set "enabled timed popups" to "10s" in the popup feature

That should set it to 10s, which is the smallest possible
    02-25-12 12:47 AM
    There is a trick in my app were u can do what u requested

Here is how:
    1- set "Stop Led when" to "close popups" in led feature.
    2- set "enabled timed popups" to "10s" in the popup feature

That should set it to 10s, which is the smallest possible
    Thanks. Set it to 20s. I'm beginning to think someone could make a bundle writing a manual based on all the hidden features you keep sharing.
    02-25-12 01:43 AM
    Thanks. Set it to 20s. I'm beginning to think someone could make a bundle writing a manual based on all the hidden features you keep sharing.
    Soon, when I get more free time
    02-25-12 01:51 AM
    Oh, no! We're chaining you to your programming desk. You're doing too good a job with the app to waste time writing about it.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    02-25-12 08:53 AM
    I still can't believe this is free. =) Do you have any plans of making one for android?
    02-26-12 07:00 AM
    I still can't believe this is free. =) Do you have any plans of making one for android?
    Lol, one app is already a nightmare (coding, bugs, supporting users, testing, competitors harassment, stress), making me deal with two nightmares would be criminal act
    02-26-12 07:48 AM
    I went to your FB page to see if there is an app key for Kik. The link to your website to pull in that stuff was showing an error. And going to the site didn't seem to let me get to a page to check it there.
    02-26-12 09:10 AM
    I went to your FB page to see if there is an app key for Kik. The link to your website to pull in that stuff was showing an error. And going to the site didn't seem to let me get to a page to check it there.
    Its working fine, maybe you checked it 2 hours ago when it was under maintenance for 10 seconds , i was making some changes to my website, please try again now

P.S. no one shared the kik messenger key yet, please share it if you capture the key, its really easy if you follow the instructions provided in my app, especially if it is a chat app
    02-26-12 09:18 AM
    Its working fine, maybe you checked it 2 hours ago when it was under maintenance for 10 seconds , i was making some changes to my website, please try again now

P.S. no one shared the kik messenger key yet, please share it if you capture the key, its really easy if you follow the instructions provided in my app, especially if it is a chat app
    Will do. Here's what going to the app key page gets:

This webpage is not available
    The connection to Sultan Al Sooz Website was interrupted.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
    02-26-12 12:23 PM
    Will do. Here's what going to the app key page gets:

This webpage is not ava.....
    Lol, whats all this !!?

if you are using your pc, then just goto my app's facebook, its much easier since you dont need to authenticate to facebook (cause your already logged in), OR use your blackberry phone inside my site by clicking on the facebook login button in the app keys page
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 02-26-12 at 12:35 PM.
    02-26-12 12:29 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD