I would like to choose a different ring tone for every notification (missed call, text message, email, etc.) as I can do for led colors.

Will that feature be available in a next release ? Which is its priority ?
    This is a nice idea, however there is a problem, if i play the sounds from my app, then i wont be able to know when you switch your phone to silent or vibrate only sound profiles, so the sound will play regardless, very annoying, as i had a similar feature in one of my early releases, which made many people unhappy (don't forget about custom sound profiles as well).

Adding a sound profile for each LED event is not reasonable and can overload your phone.

The Alert Me feature simplifies this process, if you use it, it will get your attention with the sound or vibration it makes, then once you have your eyes on the phone, the LED colors will help you distinguish what it is.

My future releases will be focusing on adding new OS features and enhancements, as for sound and LED, i wont be going back to them unless its bluetooth i want to add
    02-05-12 11:19 AM
    For those who do not have access to Blackberry App World, you can now directly download My App on your mobile for free (OTA Link) from my website Sultan Al Sooz Website using your Facebook account.

This method will also keep you updated with my app's latest news and releases
    02-06-12 01:19 PM
    does your app support email flag reminders in the same way it does for Task and Calendar reminders? i receive a lot of emails daily that i just can't always get to on the spot. i flag them and set reminders to answer them at a later time.
    02-06-12 02:05 PM
    does your app support email flag reminders in the same way it does for Task and Calendar reminders? i receive a lot of emails daily that i just can't always get to on the spot. i flag them and set reminders to answer them at a later time.
    im not sure i totally understand your question, but if you are referring to LED lights or Popups staying ON or Alert ME vibration and sound feature repeatable alert, then yes. however if you are referring to email flag reminders similar to MS Outlook or google flags, then unfortunately my app doesn't support these features.
    02-06-12 02:12 PM
    im not sure i totally understand your question, but if you are referring to LED lights or Popups staying ON or Alert ME vibration and sound feature repeatable alert, then yes. however if you are referring to email flag reminders similar to MS Outlook or google flags, then unfortunately my app doesn't support these features.
    i don't use MS Outlook or Google flags, so i'm afraid I don't know how they behave. the email flag reminder alert works in the same way the Task and Calendar reminders work: when a reminder is set to go off at a preset time, a native popup window on the screen displays and the LED blinks. currently, there is no native setting to set a blinking alert for the flag reminders. i was hoping your app would allow that.

is there any way you can add this feature?
    02-06-12 02:33 PM
    My future releases will be focusing on adding new OS features and enhancements, as for sound and LED, i wont be going back to them unless its bluetooth i want to add
    OS features and enhancements you say..? That sounds good. What sort of capabilities are you considering? Perhaps some sort of diagnostic tool that could monitor essential functions like battery discharge rate, signal strength, etc.. Maybe add a customizable launcher for apps that can be assigned a sound/led profile? I feel AOSLED could potentially combine some of the best features from other existing apps. Imitation, after all, is the sincerest form of flattery. (or so it is said)

Anyway, just some thoughts...

BTW, newest version working great. Thanks again for all your efforts.
    02-06-12 02:42 PM
    OS features and enhancements you say..? That sounds good. What sort of capabilities are you considering? Perhaps some sort of diagnostic tool that could monitor essential functions like battery discharge rate, signal strength, etc.. Maybe add a customizable launcher for apps that can be assigned a sound/led profile? I feel AOSLED could potentially combine some of the best features from other existing apps. Imitation, after all, is the sincerest form of flattery. (or so it is said)

Thanks

Maybe im old fashion, but i was thinking of a screen capture utility, then enhance it to become a PC remote control utility, i always loved it in windows mobile. i might also throw in a triple flash light (camera, screen & LED lights) feature. those two basic features are easy to develop and a good way for users to delete more apps from there phones
    02-06-12 11:28 PM
    i don't use MS Outlook or Google flags, so i'm afraid I don't know how they behave. the email flag reminder alert works in the same way the Task and Calendar reminders work: when a reminder is set to go off at a preset time, a native popup window on the screen displays and the LED blinks. currently, there is no native setting to set a blinking alert for the flag reminders. i was hoping your app would allow that.

is there any way you can add this feature?
    Lol, please forget about my last reply to the above message, i didnt fully understand your question (i have deleted the old reply).

Of course my app can customize the LED for follow-up flags. not just that, any app that supports a sound profile can be customized in my app, that's the main power of my app.

You can also continuously remind yourself about the flag follow ups by using Alert ME, after the follow-up reminder starts. you can even have a popup show up from my app about flag follow ups

just use "custom app led 1 - 4" in my app's led light feature
    beebea likes this.
    02-07-12 01:26 AM
    I know you've expanded the help/info for custom app led but i'm still having trouble capturing youmail voice mails. I turned off the text and e-mail alerts I get for new voice-mails then I called myself, left voice-mail and tried to capture that but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    02-09-12 05:59 PM
    I know you've expanded the help/info for custom app led but i'm still having trouble capturing youmail voice mails. I turned off the text and e-mail alerts I get for new voice-mails then I called myself, left voice-mail and tried to capture that but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    Your not the only one having trouble understanding the help description or using custom app led feature, thats why im working on adding a step by step online help on my app's facebook fan page.

However for voice mail, the timing is the problem, you must not click on start capture led before you receive a call, so do the following: open my app, click on custom app LED, call yourself, hangup, immediately switch back to my app and click the start capture button and dismiss the help message by clicking on OK button, then wait for the voice mail notification.

Timing and sequence are very important factors, however im working on improving this feature by allowing people to share their captured apps by posting on facebook fan page the apps codes so other people can use the codes directly in my app instead of capturing it themselves
    02-09-12 10:13 PM
    Wow - great app! Only one thing - could you add a 5 seconds blink?
    I used that for my green network indicator... 3 seconds is really short...
    I know, I'm picky
    Thank you so much for the time you spent on this crazy thing!
    02-10-12 03:17 AM
    Wow - great app! Only one thing - could you add a 5 seconds blink?
    I used that for my green network indicator... 3 seconds is really short...
    I know, I'm picky
    Thank you so much for the time you spent on this crazy thing!
    lol, i had 4s previously and people complained that it is too long.

however, you can achieve your 5 seconds requirement if you use the black color, try it, the black color is something only found in my app, it creates outstanding LED effects when combined with other colors and MIX effects
    02-10-12 11:12 AM
    Thanks, I KNEW you would say that!
    02-10-12 03:07 PM
    @Sultan Al Sooz,
    Thank you so much for the FREE app. After using this app for a week or so, I have an app feature request for you;

When I am in SMS and sending out messages, when someone reply back, the Advance OS and LED app pop up and display the message even though I am already in SMS program. This is annoying when I am in a SMS conversation with someone and it would be great if a feature can be added so the popup won't come if I am already in the SMS app.

Thanks.
    02-12-12 08:18 PM
    @Sultan Al Sooz,
    Thank you so much for the FREE app. After using this app for a week or so, I have an app feature request for you;

When I am in SMS and sending out messages, when someone reply back, the Advance OS and LED app pop up and display the message even though I am already in SMS program. This is annoying when I am in a SMS conversation with someone and it would be great if a feature can be added so the popup won't come if I am already in the SMS app.

Thanks.
    That's already available

Its called Do Not Disturb(DND), and u can activate it by simply clicking the end call key on ur keypad then selecting 'Hide & Do Not Disturb' when popup is visible , also it can be activated if u click on the 'H' button in the top left corner of the popup. The nice thing about (DND), it will stop popups but won't affect the LED

Tip: to see the list of key shortcuts, press 'h' keypad key when popup is visible
    02-12-12 09:09 PM
    Love the app, it;s a must have on al my BBs. Just wondering however, if future updates might bring individual contact notification for whatsapp, wlive and gtalk?? cuz that would be awwwwsome
    02-13-12 02:38 AM
    Love the app, it;s a must have on al my BBs. Just wondering however, if future updates might bring individual contact notification for whatsapp, wlive and gtalk?? cuz that would be awwwwsome
    Lool, i tried but failed to find a hack to open whatsapp chat history, and the rest of the chat applications are not possible to begin with.

however, im currently enhancing custom app leds 1~4, very powerful but under utilized
    02-13-12 02:47 AM
    i love this app.

good to see a thread for it now.

subscribed
    02-13-12 03:02 AM

Thanks

Maybe im old fashion, but i was thinking of a screen capture utility, then enhance it to become a PC remote control utility, i always loved it in windows mobile. i might also throw in a triple flash light (camera, screen & LED lights) feature. those two basic features are easy to develop and a good way for users to delete more apps from there phones
    Since Sultan is taking suggestions, I will provide my input.

First, this is a great app and thank you for providing it free.

Here is my suggestion: I have Bold 9930 that has one convenience key. Can AOSLED be developed to use the other keys (media and lock) to function as convenience keys?

Thanks
    02-14-12 07:39 PM
    you also have other applications to set up the volumekeys as convience keys for AOSLED.
    like sixtools, quicklaunch, extrakeys etc.
    02-14-12 07:45 PM
    Since Sultan is taking suggestions, I will provide my input.

First, this is a great app and thank you for providing it free.

Here is my suggestion: I have Bold 9930 that has one convenience key. Can AOSLED be developed to use the other keys (media and lock) to function as convenience keys?

Thanks
    Yes, it is possible, but only for OS5 and above, currently i still support OS4.6.1. (However my move to OS 5 is very soon)

If 3rd party apps can do it, then anyone can do it
    02-14-12 10:08 PM
    noticed something this morning.

My led is set to be of between 10pm and 6 am, however at 3 am the banner icon was missing and the led was flashing. went to bed and the banner icon was there.

any idea why.
    02-15-12 11:00 PM
    noticed something this morning.

My led is set to be of between 10pm and 6 am, however at 3 am the banner icon was missing and the led was flashing. went to bed and the banner icon was there.

any idea why.
    Night LED time is a simple method to switch Night status automatically when the De/Activation time set is reached, and there are few points to remember:

- you must set the time before it hits activation time (set @10pm, must configure before 10pm, if set to 10:00pm but you did it @10:01, it wont activate Night LED until next day 10pm since the time has already passed for the day you set it)

- if you restart your phone between 10pm and 6am, you will loose the night mode activation.

- it wont activate by itself after 10pm, nor deactivate after 6am, unless its the following day.

im sure if you think about the above points, you might know why it happened to you
    02-15-12 11:15 PM
    Version 10.0 has been approved for download.

Download now and share your custom app keys with your friends and my website.

Also Take as much Screenshots as you want and share them with your friends like a pro

If you can't see the updated version 10.0 in App World on your mobile, do the following:

1- Open App World on your mobile,
    2- Goto "My World",
    3- Then press menu and select "Refresh List"
    02-16-12 03:28 AM
    Wow v10.0 already.. Man, you're prolific

Could you explain what these custom app keys are exactly?

Thanks!
    02-16-12 04:50 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD