How are you making money with this app, if you are giving it away for free. What's the catch? I am curious if I start using this app for free, will I have to pay later, or see ads later?
    I have ask you, Have you heard of the concept of freeware?

Its concept that is well known in the PC World and a blackberry is a pocket pc. Freeware are applications given free to use by developers who get a satisfaction by giving back to us consumers.

Believe it or not sometimes this instance to give back is born is due to having earned well already and having the need to give back to the commnunity at large.

I hope this answers your question.
    aming63 likes this.
    06-23-12 11:34 AM
    Sultan has been hard at work in the last few days as well. He has added even more to this app. Like a restart feature as well as other features.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...atures-731397/
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-23-12 12:10 PM
    May I ask if you could provide also provide the Euro (€) and maybe even the Pound (�) symbol in the launcher's custom action's shortcut key list?
    If we have the currency key set to € the $ shortcut cannot work.
    Thanks and awesome work!
    06-23-12 04:08 PM
    Am I the only one that has a problem with this app? I really like the features, but when my Bold 9930 is holstered (and asleep), a phone call or alarm pops up - I then pop the phone out of the holster and the screen doesn't completely brighten up. It seems to be worse in sunlight or a bright environment.

The LED flashing is great, but when an email or text comes in, I wake up the phone, but the screen doesn't go bright until I open that app. I've tried to change the settings to allow any user activity to stop the alerts.

Maybe I'm confused because I've tried so many things. Please tell me it works and I'm just not doing something right.
    06-23-12 06:20 PM
    Hi Sultan, first of all, EXCELLENT app! Replaces a few of my apps, for half of their total size combined. One pet peeve I have....is it possible to dictate the directory in which the email attachments are saves? I normally use it to download images only, and would love for it to appear in my pictures. Thanks!
    Last edited by hyperscorpic; 06-24-12 at 12:08 AM.
    06-24-12 12:05 AM
    Am I the only one that has a problem with this app? I really like the features, but when my Bold 9930 is holstered (and asleep), a phone call or alarm pops up - I then pop the phone out of the holster and the screen doesn't completely brighten up. It seems to be worse in sunlight or a bright environment.

The LED flashing is great, but when an email or text comes in, I wake up the phone, but the screen doesn't go bright until I open that app. I've tried to change the settings to allow any user activity to stop the alerts.

Maybe I'm confused because I've tried so many things. Please tell me it works and I'm just not doing something right.
    i just double checked my code, and it does not control the brightness of your screen when a popup is shown. and maybe this is the reason behind your issue, other apps do control the brightness, my app just depends on your phone screen brightness settings.
    If it helps, please check your phone screen brightness settings under homescreen> options
    06-24-12 12:11 AM
    Hi Sultan, first of all, EXCELLENT app! Replaces a few of my apps, for half of their total size combined. One pet peeve I have....is it possible to dictate the directory in which the email attachments are saves? I normally use it to download images only, and would love for it to appear in my pictures. Thanks!
    i have already tried this option, however after few days of using it, my picture folders became unmanageable due to its continuous growing number of folders from email attachment feature.

i usually try all possibilities and then provide the best one for users, its not easy, but i prefer to standardize few things, while still providing extreme customization for other things

hint 1: i included a "File Manager" in iLaunch feature, use it to browse your picture folders, by using custom actions to locate the email attachments folder

hint2: you can import pictures from any folder to your pictures folder, using the picture built-in app, use it when you want to view your email pictures

hope this helps you and many others
    06-24-12 12:26 AM
    This looks like a great App, I read that it interferes with some other Apps, could you tell me which ones I should delete first before downloading?
    06-24-12 08:15 AM
    It seems to interfere with leave it on but only the e.mail popups no need to remove that app
    06-24-12 08:53 AM
    This looks like a great App, I read that it interferes with some other Apps, could you tell me which ones I should delete first before downloading?
    The only problems you'll have with AO&L is if you have any other LED controlling app installed on your device. You must delete apps like BeBuzz for AO&L to work properly (not just disable them).
    AO&L is one of the best apps for your device. It just does so much, and functions better than the similar paid apps.
    06-24-12 09:02 AM
    Sultan

The .csv file is not able to open in the native 'Documents to go' app. Is there a way to save it in .xls format?
    06-24-12 09:32 AM
    Sulton- first of all- THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the work and time you put into this app. I have it working on my Torch 9850 and it works like a charm. I just want to let you know that I think you would be making a decent buck if you charged for this app and I would certainly be willing to pay for it if you ever decide to do that.
    I am still tweaking different features to get it exactly the way I want it- I think I am almost there. Thanks again for all you are doing!!!
    06-24-12 11:45 AM
    Thank you so much for this GREAT app!! I was having so many issues with my Berry Buzz license transfer ( replaced my defective 9900 with a warranty exchange for a new 9900). I deleted Berry Buzz and this app is so much better! The only question I have is....Appworld says states the newest version is 13.8? I have 13.1.1 on my handset and no options on BB app world to upgrade to 13.8

Thanks
    Arlene
    06-24-12 12:11 PM
    Hi

do not worry about interference with other apps except for Bebuzz ( Bebuzz is a very good app, but it cancels my app's LED light, which is natural cause both apps have powerful LED features ).

once you have my apps popup feature enabled, i dont think you would think twice about using any other free or paid message popup or preview app

hope this helps.
    06-24-12 12:54 PM
    Sultan

The .csv file is not able to open in the native 'Documents to go' app. Is there a way to save it in .xls format?
    .csv files are normal text files, but are not the same as .xls files, therefore it wont open using your blackberry phone, only using excel on PC.

however, since they are text files, you can just change the file extension from .csv to .txt and the file will open (but you wont like how it looks like, since its not using columns)

maybe there is a csv file viewer for blackberry, i never checked. give it a try
    06-24-12 01:01 PM
    Appworld says states the newest version is 13.8? I have 13.1.1 on my handset and no options on BB app world to upgrade to 13.8
    Hi,

It seems App World made a small mistake, my update (v13.8) is under review right now for approval, i submitted it today, it should be approved in the next 24 hours, or 48 max.

once its approved, i usually post immediately on my app's facebook fan page which also includes the change log

so for now, 13.1.1 is the latest official release. hope this helps
    06-24-12 01:12 PM
    Hi,

It seems App World made a small mistake, my update (v13.8) is under review right now for approval, i submitted it today, it should be approved in the next 24 hours, or 48 max.

once its approved, i usually post immediately on my app's facebook fan page which also includes the change log

so for now, 13.1.1 is the latest official release. hope this helps

Ok, Thank you so much for your reply. I just LOVE this app, I still can't believe it's FREE
    06-24-12 01:24 PM
    I was EXTREMELY reluctant on installing this app....now that I did, ZERO complaints!

@aming63 I can't believe it's not butter! LOL joking. I respect the developer for keeping this free! Much respect for that! This app $#!+s on every other colour changing app out there!!
    06-24-12 03:01 PM
    Ok since this old thread was recently referred to by CB homepage, im going to post this here as well, but please use the new thread instead

Adv OS and LED version 13.8 is available to download from App World. Change Log in facebook fan page (link in signature).

New Thread: advance-os-led-has-added-restart-call-screen-lock-features
    06-24-12 11:42 PM
    First of all I just wanted to thank you on behalf of my family and friends. We all love this app; you did a fantastic job.

Recently I changed the application permissions for Personal Information to "Deny," just as I suspected, the application stopped working so I changed it back to "Allow." This didn't resolve the problem though, the app doesn't recognize any emails/contacts on my phone. I even tried re-installing the app but that didn't work.

I think I may have to reinstall my OS unless anyone here has some suggestions.
    06-25-12 10:50 AM
    First of all I just wanted to thank you on behalf of my family and friends. We all love this app; you did a fantastic job.

Recently I changed the application permissions for Personal Information to "Deny," just as I suspected, the application stopped working so I changed it back to "Allow." This didn't resolve the problem though, the app doesn't recognize any emails/contacts on my phone. I even tried re-installing the app but that didn't work.

I think I may have to reinstall my OS unless anyone here has some suggestions.
    Reinstall OS !!? Don't even joke about it

Please do the following:

Open "homescreen> options> device> application management> advance os and led. Then edit permissions and "Allow everything". Then restart device and try again.

deezy87 likes this.
    06-25-12 11:06 AM
    I have had this installed a while, but never really used it.

Was playing about and ended up setting it all up properly and WOW. What an app.... BeBuzz, QuickLaunch, everything all rolled into one, and it does what those apps do but 10x better. Cannot believe it's free!!

This is definitely my number one app to have. Love it, thanks a lot.

One thing, I'm trying to add a restart device option to my custom actions? But can't seem to work it out.... any ideas??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    06-25-12 07:57 PM

I've had this issue and I remember it was something to do with the brightness of the colour[s] you're using. I left it to tunr off on user action and haven't faced the issue since, hope this helps you out!
    10-09-12 07:45 AM
    I use Version 14.8 on my Bold 9780 (.723)
    Before i go to sleep, i set my profile to phone calls only and no other alert sounds. But how do i deactivate my led?
    10-10-12 01:50 PM
    I use Version 14.8 on my Bold 9780 (.723)
    Before i go to sleep, i set my profile to phone calls only and no other alert sounds. But how do i deactivate my led?
    Why are you still on the old version ?
    10-10-12 03:18 PM
138 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD